Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Weapon factories and shipyards planet/stations for factions  (Read 1732 times)

CloneSarge

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just as the title says; factory planets/stations that specialize in making weapons and missiles (will be unique for each faction) . These planet need new commodities like warheads, ammunition, missile fuel cells(or just fuel cells), ore ingots, and etc.(maybe there can be more but these are ones that I can think of off the top of my head). Also these planets/stations act as major suppliers to military bases. Cut off resources or trade fleets transporting weapons from these factories can cripple fleets and military bases for a faction.

For shipyards it’s a similar concept to the one above but it will use commodities already in game i.e. ore, metal plating, etc. It will have a much, much higher chance for cruisers and capital ships depending on market stability. Wars or Cold War events ramp up production more resources used more ships produced and get a free hull mod with ships purchased. Independents get a junkyard planet where scavengers dump/ sell ships they have recovered. Restores are cost 30% less than normal. Also sell a WIDE variety of of weapons from all factions in your campaign.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon factories and shipyards planet/stations for factions
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 06:27:18 AM »

I don't really get why we're producing weapons outside of military base? Isn't that the purpose of military base itself?  ???
Shipyard? Heavy Industry please.
I think similar mechanics are already in Alex's in-dev 0.9a so I don't think this suggestion is necessary.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.