Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Fatal Error Null" while in Hyperspace  (Read 1289 times)

Soulbite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
"Fatal Error Null" while in Hyperspace
« on: June 10, 2018, 04:08:02 AM »

I think I know which mod caused the crashes but was hoping to get confirmation/help with deciphering.

Log:
1734885 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.util.DS_Util.stripVariant(DS_Util.java:1917)
   at data.scripts.variants.DS_VariantRandomizer.setVariant(DS_VariantRandomizer.java:75)
   at data.scripts.variants.DS_FleetRandomizer.randomizeVariant(DS_FleetRandomizer.java:507)
   at data.scripts.campaign.fleets.DS_FleetInjector.randomizeVariants(DS_FleetInjector.java:758)
   at data.scripts.campaign.fleets.DS_FleetInjector.randomizeVariants(DS_FleetInjector.java:688)
   at data.scripts.campaign.fleets.DS_FleetInjector.injectFleet(DS_FleetInjector.java:329)
   at data.scripts.campaign.fleets.DS_FleetInjector.advance(DS_FleetInjector.java:808)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Modlist attached as PNG screen snips due to length. (80 active mods, 1 inactive)
Crash happened while in Hyperspace towards outer edges of sector map, no active AI fleets on screen/radar.

I can see the first lines are to do with Dynasector however I'm fairly sure the crash is likely due to "Thar be Dragons" attempting to spawn a new fleet, but may be mistaken and am hoping for insight from those with knowledge/experience.

Thank you for any help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: "Fatal Error Null" while in Hyperspace
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »

In general, it is best to avoid using both Xenoargh's mods along with other major mods due to how incompatible they are with each other.
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: "Fatal Error Null" while in Hyperspace
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »

That crash is happening on a piece of code that logically wouldn't crash in normal circumstances.

Code
        for (String id : variant.getFittedWeaponSlots()) {
            WeaponSlotAPI slot = variant.getSlot(id);
here >>>    if (slot.isDecorative() || slot.isBuiltIn() || slot.isHidden() || slot.isSystemSlot()
                    || slot.isStationModule()) {
                continue;
            }
            variant.clearSlot(slot.getId());
        }

This means that the variant *somehow* has a weapon fitted into a nonexistent weapon slot.  Something has gone horribly wrong in that massive pile of mods.

My suggestion: start over with a shorter mod list.  That list is nightmarishly large and filled with conflicts and unvetted mods.  I won't even try to debug this.