Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Officers beyond limit of 10?  (Read 14965 times)

DaddyO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Officers beyond limit of 10?
« on: June 07, 2018, 08:16:54 AM »

Well this is my first post since my son got me hooked on this game about a month ago and all I can say is this is very fun to play, thank you Alex and your small crew!

Now I have been pouring over the forum for a week now and found ways to tweak things to my game to make it more enjoyable for me since I have trouble with piloting my own ship because of a physical handicap, so my question like it states in the title is:

Can I increase my officers in my fleet beyond 10?

I have found how to tweak the level going beyond 20 cap, but I want more then 10 officers for my game play.  I thought I would be able to find how to change say the skill values for Officer Management under the Leadership aptitude, but sadly I have not been able to find this unless this is hard coded and I will respect that if this is the case.

Please help an old fella?

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Officers beyond limit of 10?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 09:58:20 AM »

Yes it is possible.
I've already tweaked id myself

In the "setting.ini":
find "baseNumOfficers" and change it to your liking. (at least I think it was that line  ???)
It should increase the base number of officers while still adding +2 per skillpoint

The folder you find the file ist "Starsector\starsector-core\data\config"

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 10:16:27 AM »

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The file is data/config/settings.json; other than that Chronosfear is right on. If you also decide to raise max officer level while you're in the area, make sure not to go above 29; that could cause problems.

Note that this change would also affect AI fleets, potentially giving them access to more officers.

DaddyO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 11:12:14 AM »

Much appreciated Chronosfear and Alex.  I will head the warnings as well.  ;D