Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Add Damage Type "Tag" to Fitting Screen Weapon Sorting. Heck, Size too.  (Read 1236 times)

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile

Simple request, couldn't really see it mentioned when I searched (tried "sort", "fitting", "damage"), but... Yeah, haven't played the game in months (a year+, really, if I'm thinking about it right), and the new (to me) sorting of weapon types by Ballistic/Energy/Missile is a big timesaver with all the universal/composite/hybrid/synergy mounts available, and especially once you start adding any significant number of mods.

That said, would be super cool if I could ONLY look at, say, Kinetic weapons (because I just fitted some huge HE battery, for example, but need something to whittle down shields). As a bonus, for slots that are fixed-type, as you know you can do "step down" mounting, so if I say want to exclusively mount Pilums, I can sort by "medium-size weapons" and thus fit them onto the Large Missile slots.

This would be really nice, especially for mods that add weapons, because I find myself tending to pick whatever the first/most familiar weapon is that has the damage type I need, which in my current playthrough for example means all of my Large Ballistic HE weapons are Hephaestuses and Mostros (from Diable) just because they show up near the top of the list since it's sorted by OP cost. Seeing the full spread of weapons with the damage type I want/need would really help me maybe discover some of the weapons I tend to skip over because I haven't really had visibility on them before.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm, this sounds like a good point/idea; will definitely keep it in mind for when I'm in the neighborhood. Not sure whether adding a bunch more filter items is justified due to the clutter it adds, so that's a bit tricky, but I very much see what you're saying.

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hmm, this sounds like a good point/idea; will definitely keep it in mind for when I'm in the neighborhood. Not sure whether adding a bunch more filter items is justified due to the clutter it adds, so that's a bit tricky, but I very much see what you're saying.

I can understand that my request is super-niche, at least with regards to the size. You know what, scratch that part of it.

With that said, with the meta of "shred shields, blow up armor", being able to rapidly find the applicable damage type would be neat, especially since it would make it more viable to have, say, a BUNCH of HE ballistic weapons, but use Kinetic-damage missiles to take out shields. I know this sort of combined-engagement profile is part of the idea behind damage types, so...

Yeah, gonna go ahead and let you do you, Alex, I'm just glad I even managed to plant the possibility of the idea in your head. As I've said for the past 6 years, glad you keep pushing on this game.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Haha, thank you for your support :)

(It's kind of wild to think I've been at it for this long, doesn't really feel like it.)