Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468585 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #870 on: November 21, 2018, 03:09:38 PM »

Just want to add: All the new planetary raiding/bombardment artwork is fantastic, but even moreso the art for the industry disruption result. There's something that's just... right about it.

I need to +1. The way it's not an action shot but a shot of marines admiring the awesome devastation they've wrought from a distance, implying not just the heinous power they wield but also the emotional impact it has on even those that did it.
Excellent. This game is incredibly well written and illustrated.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

marianojoey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 21, 2018, 03:30:47 PM »

Thanks for 0.9!!! It's awesome! ;D

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 21, 2018, 09:34:40 PM »

Possible bug / typo:

Rescued a colony administrator out of cryo while exploring; her salary was listed as -2,500c (due to having two maxed-out skills).
Did not have any colonies at the time, but I kept her on my roster anyway. Read somewhere that unassigned admins would not deduct the full salary as part of the monthly upkeep.

Monthly salary summary rolls around: keeping her unassigned cost me -2,250c (90% of her salary). Weird.

Hovering my mouse over her entry in the Command > Income (3) tab reads the following:

• Monthly salary: 2,500c (unassigned, reduced to 10%)

Should that read "reduced by 10%" instead? Or is the upkeep reduction actually calculated incorrectly by the game, and I should in fact only pay $250c (10%) per month?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 21, 2018, 09:43:50 PM »

Hmm - looks like 2500 is 10%, and 2250 is you having that admin on the payroll for 9/10ths of a month. Can see how that'd be a bit confusing, though.

Thank you for all the feedback, everyone :) Very much keeping up with it!

(Really partial to the "raid industry" illustration, myself.)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 21, 2018, 10:00:46 PM »

Possible bug / typo:

Rescued a colony administrator out of cryo while exploring; her salary was listed as -2,500c (due to having two maxed-out skills).
Did not have any colonies at the time, but I kept her on my roster anyway. Read somewhere that unassigned admins would not deduct the full salary as part of the monthly upkeep.

Monthly salary summary rolls around: keeping her unassigned cost me -2,250c (90% of her salary). Weird.

Hovering my mouse over her entry in the Command > Income (3) tab reads the following:

• Monthly salary: 2,500c (unassigned, reduced to 10%)

Should that read "reduced by 10%" instead? Or is the upkeep reduction actually calculated incorrectly by the game, and I should in fact only pay $250c (10%) per month?
Just so you understand, 2,500 credits is the 10% cost.  That administrator would cost 25,000 credits if you let them manage a colony.  Alex explains why it cost 2,250 credits.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 21, 2018, 10:35:33 PM »

I stand corrected. So much for a frigate captain trying his hand at bookkeeping.

On another topic, it seems like 0.9a RC10 is still having a bit of trouble managing surveying in systems with more than one star (binaries, etc).

The planets are all fine, but it looks like the game is treating one of the stars as the "parent" of that system, which means the other star(s) get treated like a planet that can be surveyed.

Not that it impacts the game that badly; anyone foolish enough to burn their fleet's CR to brave the corona will just end up wasting supplies on an empty survey that doesn't net any data chips either.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 22, 2018, 02:18:06 AM »

While playing I noticed pretty regular trade requests for Volturn Lobster - but unlike every other commodity there's absolutely nowhere I've found to buy it (the market info is just completely empty with no nearest system suggestions for lowest purchase price).

I'm thinking this is a bug with how commodities are put on the market if there's nothing that actually uses them?

Which leads into - probably should be a tag for luxury commodities that can be imported which are then consumed by the population for buffs. Representing increased happiness/productivity/satisfaction/reduced growthrate from all that coreworld animays ala space japan (that negative growth rate).

Zaskow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 22, 2018, 09:21:20 AM »

Hi!
Can anyone say me how to turn off that stipend from that academy from the beginning of game. It decreases the game for me too much. Also where did option 'endless debt'(?) disappeared, it was in first version of 0.9?

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 22, 2018, 09:23:49 AM »

is blueprint drop chance affected by which blueprints i have already learned? as in, if i have already learned the Low Tech and Midline packages, will these two have reduced chance of being found again, indirectly increasing the chance to get a High Tech package (or any other hullmod i don't already know) instead?

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 22, 2018, 09:26:31 AM »

Hi!
Can anyone say me how to turn off that stipend from that academy from the beginning of game. It decreases the game for me too much. Also where did option 'endless debt'(?) disappeared, it was in first version of 0.9?
there's an option to enable a hardcore campaign start in the settings.json file: "enableSpacerStart":. that does more than just removing the stipend, but it might be a good choice if you feel the game is too easy.

i don't think there's a way to just turn off the stipend for the other starting options.

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 22, 2018, 09:41:16 AM »

I don't want to start a new thread, but there is a thing I have an issue with:
When I attack a trader fleet, then Obviously I get lowered reputation, of course, but when One ship manages to escape battle and I catch it again and finish it off, I get a hit to reputation again, isn't that a bit pointless? After all they were attacked by me moments ago.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 22, 2018, 09:52:28 AM »

The punishment for not being "lawful" is too little. (i.e. spam AI cores and free port)
I'm already seeing pal earning 1 mil per month with single good colony which is just ridiculous.
Of course it was super sinful: all industries with beta+ core, free port on.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 22, 2018, 10:46:47 AM »

The punishment for not being "lawful" is too little. (i.e. spam AI cores and free port)
I'm already seeing pal earning 1 mil per month with single good colony which is just ridiculous.

it's not free. You're violating some treaties the major factions take very seriously
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 22, 2018, 10:52:56 AM »

it's not free. You're violating some treaties the major factions take very seriously

And you easily defeat their expedition fleet with some patrol spamming Paragons. Size 8 market patrol is no joke.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 22, 2018, 12:18:36 PM »

I know that the missions are not a focus anymore, but the For the Greater Ludd one is almost unwinnable with the standard loadout. The Piranhas just can't score any hits on the Dominator, it's PD is far too good. There's an easy fix, though: replace them with Perdition bombers as the mission standard. That would even fit much better thematically, they are special luddite bombers, after all.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 87