Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468288 times)

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #855 on: November 21, 2018, 07:56:35 AM »

Is this normal that Persean League don't have any fleet skills other than officer management?

Also small question.
What level of skill they exactly get? Is the max(3) skill or something between or is random or depend on some other thing?
Also
Is it possible to give pirates or/and scavengers safety procedures(lv3) fleet skill?

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 21, 2018, 08:07:33 AM »

A problem: Tech-Mining seems not producing items and tranfer it to the local storage if you are not in the location of this colony.
My mods

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 21, 2018, 08:09:29 AM »

Loadout Design 1 is still useful for phase ships, the Hyperion, and to a lesser extent any highly mobile ship. If a ship can reliably close the range, dump a lot of alpha damage on a target, then back off far enough to vent, it can benefit from maxing capacitors.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 21, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »

Hyperion does not need Loadout Design 1.  Max of 10 is enough.  (After 10 vents capacitors, I want dissipation to the max to vent as quickly as possible.)  I do not know about phase ships, though max seems plenty for the times I dabbled with them, if I have enough left for max in the first place.  (In case of Harbinger, I leave two rear mounts empty to squeeze out more OP I need for other things, super-max vents is not among them.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:05:12 AM by Megas »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 21, 2018, 09:23:19 AM »

The performance improvements are also very noticeable on my computer as well - save/load/new game times are much faster than before and battles with lots of fighters run smoother.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 21, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »

A problem: Tech-Mining seems not producing items and tranfer it to the local storage if you are not in the location of this colony.
They don't transfer to local storage. They're all sent to the custom order ship drop-off point.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 21, 2018, 11:43:53 AM »

Aww. The Intel map mode with all the filters down the left has gone.
That was really useful and looked far tidier than the new rainbow blocks along the bottom. Ah well.
And you can no longer exclude hull mods that cannot be fitted during refit.

Not a fan of continual payment for storage AND an upfront cost. (I'm now lugging around some recovered tech that I refuse to store b/c it will cost me upwards of 5k/month just for that one item, and that's way too much)
Not a fan of ongoing crew/officer cost. That's been in before (maybe a mod) and was terrible in every possible way.
And the soundtrack is flipping bewteen tracks when travelling in hyperspace much worse/more frequently than previously.

Really appreciate the polished graphics elements tho, and the new tunes.
The Dram @ Tetra is also a nice addition.
And more importantly there seems to be almost no save-lag at all anymore, even on this clockwork i3. Still somewhat wary of F5. Time will tell on that.

There's something about the ship info cards:
They have sensor data on them now (neat!), but the sensor profile +/- highlights appear to be backwards (to how I understand they should work).
It is showing (+30), aka has a larger sensor profile is easier to see and therefore bad, as green. A positive thing.
And vice-versa for (-30) being red.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in the previous 58 pages.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 01:15:06 PM by Serenitis »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 21, 2018, 11:46:02 AM »

I have seen ***-loads of the Reaper torpedo bombers showing up. 3 different savegames have received 2-3 of them early-on, and one savegame has found a blueprint package (every fleet of mine had a dozen reaper torpedo bombers in it, immediately deleting every big ship that got too close to the doomswarm of doom).
I have also seen the trident bombers show up like twice, aswell as seeing tachyon lances pretty regularly. Both normal equippable ones and blueprints for faction production. And meanwhile I have never acquired omen/tempest/hyperion (let alone their blueprints) in 0.9.
So, the really rare things are really rare and it'll be practically impossible to get all of them, but you will always acquire SOME of them during any given playthrough.

So it was just bad luck, you have to understand that true randomness can produce pretty big streaks of the same result or pretty big streaks of everything except one result showing up, and that the playtime we put into the game is a pretty small sample-size.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about their availability at game start only. Before the end of March (the very first active month), maybe April. I know it could be confirmation bias, but the existence of those items, at those quantities, in those markets, at that point in the game was unusual enough to point out.
I don't have proof, but I suspect there's something to this - because, at game start, I'm seeing every port at 10 stability.  Which, of course, means increased rare stuff for sale relative to whatever their normal stability is likely to be.  At least prior to .9, I remember seeing most planets starting with stabilities of 4-7.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 21, 2018, 11:47:49 AM »

My first campaign of 0.9 has been a great time so far. I did a quick run through the tutorial on the normal start to see what had changed before restarting, then started with the Apogee beginning.

So far between picking up odd jobs in bars, I've gone on a mad scientists lead to recover technology, only to have half my fleet including my flagship wiped out, gotten embroiled in massive debt with a Tri-Tach executive, established a distant colony, funded it's development with my massive debt, lost my replacement flagship in a pirate ambush, heard a rumor about a mysterious planet, and am frantically running from world to world looking for jobs to avoid getting Tri-Tachyon on my ass so I can exploit the resources marked in my log.

A+ experience.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 21, 2018, 11:50:43 AM »

It is showing (+30), aka has a larger sensor profile is easier to see and therefore bad, as green. A positive thing.
And vice-versa for (-30) being red.

(Thank you, fixed!)

My first campaign of 0.9 has been a great time so far. I did a quick run through the tutorial on the normal start to see what had changed before restarting, then started with the Apogee beginning.

So far between picking up odd jobs in bars, I've gone on a mad scientists lead to recover technology, only to have half my fleet including my flagship wiped out, gotten embroiled in massive debt with a Tri-Tach executive, established a distant colony, funded it's development with my massive debt, lost my replacement flagship in a pirate ambush, heard a rumor about a mysterious planet, and am frantically running from world to world looking for jobs to avoid getting Tri-Tachyon on my ass so I can exploit the resources marked in my log.

A+ experience.

:D :D :D

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 21, 2018, 12:02:14 PM »

I gotta ask. Is it just me or does the fuel cost remain constant over distance travelled? So getting boosted by the storms consumes fuel 'faster', but still equal to the distance travelled? I would think the 'boost' would be 'free' in terms of fuel costs?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 21, 2018, 12:03:40 PM »

I gotta ask. Is it just me or does the fuel cost remain constant over distance travelled? So getting boosted by the storms consumes fuel 'faster', but still equal to the distance travelled? I would think the 'boost' would be 'free' in terms of fuel costs?

Generally yes but speed above 20 does not consume extra fuel.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 21, 2018, 12:17:12 PM »

Guess that explains that. Separately, i think this is odd? They are all pirate Raider fleets (with a big Armada at the top), including the blips, and they have more than enough in those three detachements (with allies) to engage my fleet. But they judge themselves unallied? Until the bigger blip at the top comes in? It shows 'maintaining' but i can chase around those fleets/running from me, instead of merging up in a coherent force which /would/ overpower me just with those two-three-four detachements. When they do engage it's roughly something like this.

Transponder on/off does nothing to the outcome. Just seems like they're not weighing the potential allied fleet numbers correctly up until the bigger Armada arrives, /then/ they bunch up.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 12:37:23 PM by Cosmitz »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 21, 2018, 01:04:38 PM »

Transponder on/off does nothing to the outcome. Just seems like they're not weighing the potential allied fleet numbers correctly up until the bigger Armada arrives, /then/ they bunch up.
I've already reported this behavior as a bug; see here.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Sebenko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 21, 2018, 03:05:51 PM »

Just want to add: All the new planetary raiding/bombardment artwork is fantastic, but even moreso the art for the industry disruption result. There's something that's just... right about it.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 87