Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468330 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #690 on: November 18, 2018, 02:46:47 PM »

I got myself in a LMAO situation
When Persean League and Sindrian Diktat literally locked down my main cashcow with like 6~7 task force, someone saved me.
The PIRATES!!!
I was like LMAO ROFL.
Pirates decided to send an extremely heavy raid on my colony to find there are some super capital fleets (well, from other factions) wandering around. They had a GREAT fight and all of them just go boom in the end, now the sky is clear, my industries get working again.

(Had a similar moment during playtesting when a Hegemony and League expeditions showed up, fought it out, and promptly left.)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 18, 2018, 02:48:02 PM »

i got a question about Solar Shielding and the Safety Procedure rank #2 perk: do these also reduce the hull/armor damage from hyperstorm strikes, or only the CR damage? the tooltips only mention CR, but i think it would make sense if actual damage was affected as well.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 18, 2018, 02:52:22 PM »

That seems like a pirate base that's not specifically targeting you deciding to target your colony, like they periodically do other core worlds. If you don't deal with it, it'll most likely switch targets within... half a cycle or so?

The ones nearby specifically target your stuff, though I've got a todo item to look at why it'd get built in the exact same system 5 times in a row. Might be the only "suitable" one nearby; will take a look.
Ehh, it just feel silly that a Pirate base can declare "I'm disrupting your trade" and not have a single fleet nearby while still imparting the -3 Stability and -50% Accessibility debuffs, all the while being an insane distance away.

Good to know repeating bases are getting looked at.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Sebenko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 18, 2018, 02:58:38 PM »

Just a small thing I noticed- If a planet with a space station is renamed, the station doesn't change to match.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 18, 2018, 03:23:53 PM »

If you deploy a single capital ship against a large (15-20 ships) force of the Domain-era drone defences, you will frequently (5 out of 6 so far) end up on a wild goose chase looking for the final ship.

No idea where it goes (perhaps deployed in a 2nd wave?), but it typically takes a few minutes of aimless flying to find it. (I just stick autopilot on, and alt-tab out)

It's specifically the Bastillion-class ships that seem prone to wandering off.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 07:04:28 PM by TJJ »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 18, 2018, 04:03:08 PM »

@ Alex:  I would have thought that you buy one ticket then, if you had Salvaging, roll the dice to buy one more ticket or not.  Thanks for explaining otherwise.  I will test it more, but so far, Salvaging 3 has been a royal disappointment so far, a contender for one of the worst skills in the game (if all I want is more rare stuff).

So far, I am really tempted to put points into the last two right Industry skills (for more colonies and/or stability, and better self-sufficiency and profits).  While I do want the most powerful combat monster, that monster needs a home of its own and income to pay for his war machine.

Re: Tech Mining
It has superb yields, but I get Diktat bullies coming after me, and my "Lone Star" faction is not strong enough to kill endgame or even late midgame fleets yet.  (My fleet is not yet strong enough to kill the biggest pirate fleets, let alone major factions.)  Thus, I have not built tech-mining yet.  If player is powerful enough to repel endgame threats, then sure Tech Mining is overpowered.  If not, player might attract enemies he cannot deal with yet.

So far, I reached a point that I cannot add more stuff to my colony without it costing money to maintain (and attract unwanted enemies too early if I try to tech mine).  I need to finish more bounties before I can build another colony or upgrade my fleet, or at least earn enough money to absorb losses for a few months.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 18, 2018, 04:59:05 PM »

I'm still trying to figure out how to find Pather bases. I've been hitting up bars on planets with Pather cells in them, but no luck. I'm also not finding Pather fleets around to beat up either, and I've seen these bases spawn at wild distances away so...hmm. Regardless:

Spoiler
[close]

Are my fleets supposed to be using tankers and freighters as top flight capital ships? It has tankers and freighters in it, and none of those designs are emphasized in my doctrine tab.

Spoiler
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 18, 2018, 05:03:04 PM »

Patrols will have some freighters and tankers, though it looks like it's too much. It's not taking away from the combat strength of the patrol, though - rather the civilian ships added are based on the target number of combat fleet points. Let me make a note to check this out and possibly add freighters/tankers to the "typical heavy patrol" display, as I can totally see how that'd be confusing.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 18, 2018, 05:08:56 PM »

Btw, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone that's posted bug reports, both here and in the bug reports board. My apologies for the lack of response to everything! There's a lot going on all at once, and I'm also trying to decompress a bit (the two weeks before the release were, let's say, fairly intensive), so aside from hotfixes, I've mostly been taking notes. (And my todo list <checks> has around 80 things on it so far. Cool.)

Going to dive into the meat of all this stuff sometime this week!

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 18, 2018, 05:28:30 PM »

you definitely deserve some downtime, imo! ^^

0.9 is awesome so far, even though it still has some rough edges. :]

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 18, 2018, 05:57:04 PM »

Despite my posts in here mostly being about what I think might be bugs, I want you to know you've annihilated my weekend with this. Take your time, it's plenty fun.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: November 18, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »

I think the humble Omen has quickly become my favourite frigate with that powerful EMP emitter ability, coupled with superb 0.6 shields (Reading the notes EMP arcs got buffed to 100% damage, but I figured that was on the weapons rather than the ability), and so it's replaced my Tempests and Wolfs altogether.

The Doom-Class phase Cruiser teleport mines are well.... powerful, I love the new buffs to this ship :)

EDIT: Whoops; Cruiser not Frigate.

On another note, those teleport mines have been known to be rather lethal to a few friendly Omen's on occasion...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 06:05:10 PM by Baqar79 »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 18, 2018, 06:23:07 PM »

Despite my posts in here mostly being about what I think might be bugs, I want you to know you've annihilated my weekend with this. Take your time, it's plenty fun.
Same here! I'm mainly posting bugs instead of other discussions because I'm playing the game so much and only pause to say things that need details right. :P

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 18, 2018, 07:54:47 PM »

0.9 is fantastic fun so far, great work Alex. ;D

Some oddities I've noticed:
-I restored a falcon(p), ended up with a normal falcon with an illegal loadout (way over OP allowance due to the hullmods) that you can then keep using provided you don't refit it afterwards
-You can colonize non primary orange stars, they have 100% hazard rating and no other features. Not sure if it applies to other stars as well
-It seems to be really hard to find certain pather bases connected to your colonies. I've scoured about a fourth of the entire sector trying to figure out who's supplying the cells on my main colony but no luck. Is there any trick to it that I'm missing?

SpaceMonster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 18, 2018, 08:17:31 PM »

It seems to be really hard to find certain pather bases connected to your colonies. I've scoured about a fourth of the entire sector trying to figure out who's supplying the cells on my main colony but no luck. Is there any trick to it that I'm missing?

This and the occasional pirate base targeting me from some unknown system a thousand light years away.

All the other colony threats have some "spend money to negate it" mechanic, and this could really do with something like "spend money to have scouts locate the base".
Or something like that. I have a colony with 1bn peeps. Can't I hire some of them to do some searching? Then I don't have to spend months trying to find these things.

(I dug through campaign.xml to find one pather base. Turns out it was 7 squares (not sure what the SI is) away.)
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 87