Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468290 times)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #570 on: November 16, 2018, 05:35:36 PM »

Unless I'm mis-interpreting what's going on, you just lack docking clearance and are about to eject your own cargo :)

That's exactly what happened. Oh well. Blew up that pirate base anyway thirty seconds later. \_o.o_/

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 16, 2018, 05:50:40 PM »

It seems like the various stations that can be placed in stable zones reappear almost immediately. You can farm them for lots of loot early on.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 16, 2018, 05:53:33 PM »

It costs reputation, though, iirc? And they're often protected by patrols. So that seems alright? Unless I'm missing something.

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 16, 2018, 07:04:20 PM »

I'm playing the advanced start (Starting with an Apogee...way too tempting), went through the tutorial missions (was a bit unfair on them).  I haven't yet gotten to base building, but I found a "Pristine" nano-forge during my salvaging expeditions (not quite sure how good this is, but it's got a pretty hefty price tag on it)...so I'm looking forward to seeing how this fits into base building. :)

Really appreciate the transponder warning (when off) when entering a system after a bit of time out in deep space...such a little thing, but really nice.

Very much like the new "Efficiency" hull-mod..the apogee is so very cheap now; missing the frontal damage, but really can't complain with it's new cost.

Issue:
I've noticed that my "Autofit" saved profiles don't seem to equip the correct weapons or even modules on occasion.

For example I saved a wolf profile with the Pulse laser equipped, but on loading that same profile, even if I have the Pulse Laser equipped on that same Wolf it will swap it out for a Heavy Blaster.

Also noticed this on my Dram "Autofit" custom profile, where I would use the hull-mods "Unstable Injector" & "Militarized Subsystems" but it would swap "Militarized Subsystems" for "Reinforced Bulkheads" instead on loading the profile.
I just discovered that while I couldn't do this at the Abandoned Terra-forming platform around Asharu, but I could at Asharu itself.  I guess I need a populated colony or a starbase/orbital station belonging to a populated colony?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 16, 2018, 07:06:51 PM »

Issue:
I've noticed that my "Autofit" saved profiles don't seem to equip the correct weapons or even modules on occasion.

For example I saved a wolf profile with the Pulse laser equipped, but on loading that same profile, even if I have the Pulse Laser equipped on that same Wolf it will swap it out for a Heavy Blaster.

There's an "upgrade weapons if possible" checkbox in the autofit dialog, that's probably checked as IIRC it's checked by default.

I just discovered that while I couldn't do this at the Abandoned Terra-forming platform around Asharu, but I could at Asharu itself.  I guess I need a populated colony or a starbase/orbital station belonging to a populated colony?

Yep - it requires a colony with a Spaceport! I believe the hullmod tooltip says this in red near the bottom.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 16, 2018, 07:35:50 PM »

Had my first "Sindria doesn't like me producing so much fuel" retaliatory strike. Man...4-5 of my own patrols, my fleet, and a mid-line battlestation vs. 2 Conquests, 2 Eagles, a host of Sunders/Hammerheads and what not. Truly epic. We won by the skin of our teeth. Hegemony came later but weren't nearly as...dedicated. They were crushed.

These fleet mechanics are awesome, battlestations are awesome, this game is awesome. :D

Baqar79

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 16, 2018, 07:36:56 PM »

There's an "upgrade weapons if possible" checkbox in the autofit dialog, that's probably checked as IIRC it's checked by default.

Ahh, TIL...that fixed it, but I wonder if there is something still wrong with the "Upgrade weapons using extra OP" ; I didn't actually have any extra OP, but on applying the profile, it strips off some of my capacitors and vents, adds a Heavy Blaster and also adds the hull-mod "Blast doors" (which isn't in my original profile).

Yep - it requires a colony with a Spaceport! I believe the hullmod tooltip says this in red near the bottom.
Yeah, I paraphrased that from the tool-tip :)

I just wanted to make sure as I thought that the Abandoned Terraforming Platform might qualify as an "Orbital Station".

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 16, 2018, 07:50:11 PM »

Ahh, TIL...that fixed it, but I wonder if there is something still wrong with the "Upgrade weapons using extra OP" ; I didn't actually have any extra OP, but on applying the profile, it strips off some of my capacitors and vents, adds a Heavy Blaster and also adds the hull-mod "Blast doors" (which isn't in my original profile).

Hmm, possibly. Let me make a note to take a look.

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 16, 2018, 08:15:26 PM »

Big bug. Ships with d mods in black market. Their d mods will disappear after save & load.
My mods

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 16, 2018, 08:23:26 PM »

Long time lurker and fan, etc etc. Looking forward to sinking deep into 0.9 over the next few months!

Just got around to trying out 0.9a-RC8, and the monthly income/costs seem to be incorrect? Not sure about further into the game, but just past the tutorial when I get my first monthly paycheck a couple of the monthly costs seem to be off by a factor of 10.

My officer is level 2 and says she demands a 700-credit monthly salary (500 per month base + 100 per level), but only showed up as a 70-credit cost. Similarly: crew costs should have been 1580 per month according to the tooltip (10 credits per crew per month) but were only 158 credits for my 158-crew fleet, and storage costs say they're supposed to be 189 credits per month but it only actually charged me 18. Bug/typo causing huge savings, or incorrect tooltips?

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:07:30 PM by RedHellion »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 16, 2018, 08:38:48 PM »

I laughed at solar shielding, but seeing how dense are hyperspace storms, they appear to be less of a convenience and more of a must... Sometimes I accidentally get into one of the storms and it flings me into another and I'm forced to plow through a screen's worth of lightning.

(Well, it's definitely not a must, since I don't think I've ever gotten it in my playtesting, but, yeah. Big thing is storms do *so* much less damage in terms of supplies, though.)

Just remembered this: its not a must as storms do much less and they speed you up (kind of) now, but it is true that almost the entire map is just one constant, unending storm.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 16, 2018, 08:56:07 PM »

Hot take: The monthly income from Ancyra is fantastic because it scales opposite of progress. If you aren't progressing that much you get a (relatively) lot of money, but once you have a decent little fleet going its eaten up in maintenance.

Awesome :) Nice to know it's working out in practice!

Nebulas, nebulas everywhere. I blow up pirates - in debris field i found nebula. I blow up derelicts -  in debris field i found nebula.  I blow up remnants -  in debris field i found nebula. WTF?!

Hmm, the game uses a Nebula when for whatever reason it can't find the ship variant it's trying to find. So this could be a bug. No mods of any sort, right?

Edit: when you find this sort of ship (i.e. a Nebula) and it was due to an error, there may be a stack trace in the log with what variant it was actually looking for. Could you take a look next time that happens?

No any mods. It bug everywhere.

And new bug found. When i buy or sell something on my colony in open market after purchase i can back to main colony menu and return to market and wow! Everything what i sell disappeared from market and everything what i buy appear again on this market and i can buy it again!
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 16, 2018, 09:13:28 PM »

Had my first "Sindria doesn't like me producing so much fuel" retaliatory strike. Man...4-5 of my own patrols, my fleet, and a mid-line battlestation vs. 2 Conquests, 2 Eagles, a host of Sunders/Hammerheads and what not. Truly epic. We won by the skin of our teeth. Hegemony came later but weren't nearly as...dedicated. They were crushed.

These fleet mechanics are awesome, battlestations are awesome, this game is awesome. :D

Thank you! Made me so happy to read :D

Big bug. Ships with d mods in black market. Their d mods will disappear after save & load.

Thank you! Made a note. Fixed something similar during playtesting, guess I missed some aspect of it.

My officer is level 2 and says she demands a 700-credit monthly salary (500 per month base + 100 per level), but only showed up as a 70-credit cost. Similarly: crew costs should have been 1580 per month according to the tooltip (10 credits per crew per month) but were only 158 credits for my 158-crew fleet, and storage costs say they're supposed to be 189 credits per month but it only actually charged me 18. Bug/typo causing huge savings, or incorrect tooltips?

Spoiler
[close]

Hi, and welcome to the forum :) What's probably happening here is iirc monthly costs don't start ticking until the tutorial is over, so you only got docked for 1/10th of the month (which is roughly the increment when costs are calculated). Next month, you should see the full cost.

Are you seeing any non-Nebula ships for salvage? That's just really weird. I forget if you mentioned if you'd tried reinstalling.

Also: do you get an exception in the log when this happens? The game wouldn't crash but should still print a stack trace there.

And new bug found. When i buy or sell something on my colony in open market after purchase i can back to main colony menu and return to market and wow! Everything what i sell disappeared from market and everything what i buy appear again on this market and i can buy it again!

Thank you, will check this out.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 16, 2018, 09:21:25 PM »

<resurfaces after months>

Ayyyy! I was waiting for past 6 months for this! Thank you Alex! I'm anxious to rekindle my spacefaring love with the new update!

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 16, 2018, 09:49:33 PM »

Are you seeing any non-Nebula ships for salvage? That's just really weird. I forget if you mentioned if you'd tried reinstalling.

Also: do you get an exception in the log when this happens? The game wouldn't crash but should still print a stack trace there.
Yep, i see non-Nebula ships. Like after big battles but on this still appears some Nebulas. In campaing ratio of the regular ships to Nebulas be near >60/<40. But it very strange when after killing [REDACTED] i receive Nebulas on debries fields :D

It be on RC6-7, soon i download RC8 and look on this again. And so, after what stage i need to look in SS.log?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 09:58:41 PM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 87