Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468292 times)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #555 on: November 16, 2018, 03:38:58 PM »

Cool! Did you go with one of the "faster" starts?

(Btw, link is broken.)

Hotfixed the link. :)

Yeah, merc start, i think i earned my stripes with enough Wolf/Hound/Lasher fights/starts since 0.51a to skip all of that. However... it would be highly recommended to have supplies purchasable in the tutorial bases, same for fuel. I literally ran out of supplies with the salvaged/merc fleet start that i had to rush it and kick the miner's ass for some in between running around doing the quests. They triggered for the proper stocking after i finished the quest and opened the system, but i take it it's just a matter of scripting.

PS: Button for 'resume plotted course'? Or is my muscle memory forgetting me.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:05:57 PM by Cosmitz »

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 16, 2018, 03:56:33 PM »

The stipend helps a lot with making the start easier. Still getting to grips with the intel screen. One weird thing happened to me just now.

Got a bounty near a 'giant primary star' in the Irkalla constellation, but none of the 3 giant primary stars have the fleet. It's just not there. Should this happen? I don't mind the occasional blind bounty or fleets deciding to go off and do their own thing, but in the old version they were either present or already killed.

noego

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 16, 2018, 04:03:48 PM »

All of my YES would not be enough. Christmas came early. THANK YOU.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 16, 2018, 04:06:23 PM »

Just FYI, having a Fuel Range on the Intel Screen would be helpful. Knowing whether or not I have the fuel (or close to it) to do a survey mission is vital to whether or not I go for it. As it is, I have to go to the Map Screen (even the Press "S" to center is one-click too many).

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 16, 2018, 04:12:34 PM »

Just FYI, having a Fuel Range on the Intel Screen would be helpful. Knowing whether or not I have the fuel (or close to it) to do a survey mission is vital to whether or not I go for it. As it is, I have to go to the Map Screen (even the Press "S" to center is one-click too many).

Press W while on the Intel screen, it's shown in a tiny white text in the upper right of it. It shows circles which show exactly that. First circle is 'get there and also get back here', second one is 'how far i can go and then run out of fuel'.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 16, 2018, 04:13:37 PM »

Got a bounty near a 'giant primary star' in the Irkalla constellation, but none of the 3 giant primary stars have the fleet. It's just not there. Should this happen? I don't mind the occasional blind bounty or fleets deciding to go off and do their own thing, but in the old version they were either present or already killed.

Hmm, that shouldn't happen. Send me the save if you've got it?

AgroFrizzy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 16, 2018, 04:21:20 PM »

Anyone having trouble downloading the update? A couple times the download's 'completed', then frozen with 0 seconds left. Canceling the download would then delete it. Now the links don't seem to work for me, they don't do anything.

Had this issue too (to the t). Thanks for your follow-up post about Chrome just being a pain - opened up an alternative and bam, download is going :D. Saved me. I thought maybe we were hugging things to death  :o ; :D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 16, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »

Another hotfix is up; fixes windows 32-bit issues, plus adds back in weapon disabled effects. Also fixes a save-loading issue.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 16, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »

Um. Alex.

Err.. Why can i go into "Cargo" at an enemy station, then force them to eject their ***? :P Not gonna abuse that but lol.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 16, 2018, 04:54:26 PM »

Unless I'm mis-interpreting what's going on, you just lack docking clearance and are about to eject your own cargo :)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 16, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »

Hot take: The monthly income from Ancyra is fantastic because it scales opposite of progress. If you aren't progressing that much you get a (relatively) lot of money, but once you have a decent little fleet going its eaten up in maintenance.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 16, 2018, 05:23:29 PM »

Nebulas, nebulas everywhere. I blow up pirates - in debris field i found nebula. I blow up derelicts -  in debris field i found nebula.  I blow up remnants -  in debris field i found nebula. WTF?!

Also i can do Sun-colony on every system where i found >1 star. So strange :D

Build colony on Yma near pirate planet and grind this little boys >:D
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:26:41 PM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 16, 2018, 05:28:45 PM »

Hot take: The monthly income from Ancyra is fantastic because it scales opposite of progress. If you aren't progressing that much you get a (relatively) lot of money, but once you have a decent little fleet going its eaten up in maintenance.

Awesome :) Nice to know it's working out in practice!

Nebulas, nebulas everywhere. I blow up pirates - in debris field i found nebula. I blow up derelicts -  in debris field i found nebula.  I blow up remnants -  in debris field i found nebula. WTF?!

Hmm, the game uses a Nebula when for whatever reason it can't find the ship variant it's trying to find. So this could be a bug. No mods of any sort, right?

Edit: when you find this sort of ship (i.e. a Nebula) and it was due to an error, there may be a stack trace in the log with what variant it was actually looking for. Could you take a look next time that happens?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:32:03 PM by Alex »

Hiruma Kai

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 16, 2018, 05:33:19 PM »

First: Thanks to Alex for the release. :)

Second: Should have I gotten a total of two gamma cores from the tutorial mission domain probe?  I got one immediately after defeating the defenders in a cargo pop up, and then one when I salvaged within the same post battle dialog.  Did I simply get lucky?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 16, 2018, 05:34:48 PM »

First: Thanks to Alex for the release. :)

:D

Second: Should have I gotten a total of two gamma cores from the tutorial mission domain probe?  I got one immediately after defeating the defenders in a cargo pop up, and then one when I salvaged within the same post battle dialog.  Did I simply get lucky?

Yep, it's possible - the one from the combat is luck-based, the one from the salvage is guaranteed.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 87