Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468280 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #540 on: November 16, 2018, 02:10:24 PM »

Awesome as usual, so much for my plans for being productive today :)

Thank you :)

Indeed, Gauss is a lot better than HIL even if it were Energy. Just saying I don't feel Energy HIL is god-tier where it still is very behind the actual god-tier anti-shield weapons.

Plus it's still a bit more than 1x Graviton Beam's worth of damage. I don't think it makes it god-tier just because of that difference, especially since it's paid in the loss of 500 anti-armour DPS.

Maybe god-tier is not the right word. 500 unavoidable shield pressure from it at that range just feels like too much. Gauss etc can at least be avoided and there are choices to make re when to raise/lower shields, where the HIL would just completely neutralize anything smaller/that can't out-dissipate it, with not much counter-play. I think it becomes uninteresting; I did indeed try it before settling on the HE damage type.

Same with/without. Dropping me into 30-35 from 60, fullscreen or no, core affinity tweaks (Core2/Java) on OBS or no.

Ah, alright. Maybe just not enough performance for 60, then - as soon as there's even just barely not enough, it'll drop to 30. That it's dropping to 30 with the recording software means that it's vsyncing, though. Could try to force vsync off through the NVIDIA control panel or equivalent.

When you take more officers than you can take you can`t know they AI type(Steady, timid and another.) because you see only "Max officers limit". I dont want to kill one of my officers when i dont know who i take on board.

I'm not sure what you mean - when you rescue an officer from a cryopod, they should just go in your officer list but you can't use them. You should still be able to scroll down to see them, though.

I laughed at solar shielding, but seeing how dense are hyperspace storms, they appear to be less of a convenience and more of a must... Sometimes I accidentally get into one of the storms and it flings me into another and I'm forced to plow through a screen's worth of lightning.

(Well, it's definitely not a must, since I don't think I've ever gotten it in my playtesting, but, yeah. Big thing is storms do *so* much less damage in terms of supplies, though.)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 16, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »

A CLASSPATH variable in your environment is about the only thing that comes to mind at this point, hmm. If you have that, removing it should make it work. That is, it still seems like the game is running with the wrong version of xstream (the save/load library) somehow, not the one it actually comes with.

Hmm .. Where can I find it?

Aha - looks like it's indeed a bug with the 32 bit install. Sorry! See here for temporary workaround:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13760.0

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 16, 2018, 02:23:45 PM »

YES! Something to play over thanksgiving break!

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 16, 2018, 02:35:13 PM »

When you take more officers than you can take you can`t know they AI type(Steady, timid and another.) because you see only "Max officers limit". I dont want to kill one of my officers when i dont know who i take on board.

I'm not sure what you mean - when you rescue an officer from a cryopod, they should just go in your officer list but you can't use them. You should still be able to scroll down to see them, though.

Yep, i can scroll, but cant see he behavior type. It is blocked by a red inscription about max count of officers. Ony this red line. No any information about officer type.

Also, sun colony has fixed on last hotfix?

P.S. Sometimem after long play music has stoped. It not new bug, it old bug.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 02:52:52 PM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 16, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

Just set up my first colony on a water world. Holy crap it's a high initial cost. Found a Synchrotron in an abandoned research facility can't wait to use it. Blueprints, industry...

Bounties are bonkers now. Conquests, Legions, etc. for 80k? I'm still flying around with two destroyers and a Drover.

I really don't want to re-start but I'm in a pickle financially due to the colony. I've got a net income but I'm strapped all the time because I'm trying to build it too fast.

Lots of QoL improvements and the missions just popping up as I go by is nice.

This is fantastic and I'm only a few hours in. Good job Alex!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 16, 2018, 03:06:48 PM »

Yep, i can scroll, but cant see he behavior type. It is blocked by a red inscription about max count of officers. Ony this red line. No any information about officer type.

Ah, I see - thank you, made a note.

Also, sun colony has fixed on last hotfix?

It's not; trying to keep the hotfixes limited to crash bugs etc, to minimize the risk of introducing additional bugs, since I'm also trying to do it quickly.

P.S. Sometimem after long play music has stoped. It not new bug, it old bug.

Thank you, I'll keep an eye out. Haven't seen this myself; how long are we talking about?

Wow. Just wow.

Just set up my first colony on a water world. Holy crap it's a high initial cost. Found a Synchrotron in an abandoned research facility can't wait to use it. Blueprints, industry...

Bounties are bonkers now. Conquests, Legions, etc. for 80k? I'm still flying around with two destroyers and a Drover.

I really don't want to re-start but I'm in a pickle financially due to the colony. I've got a net income but I'm strapped all the time because I'm trying to build it too fast.

Lots of QoL improvements and the missions just popping up as I go by is nice.

This is fantastic and I'm only a few hours in. Good job Alex!

(Yeah, how much and how quickly you invest into the colony is definitely a decision to make. Well, if you're strapped for cash, you can always head to TriTachyon space; that's all I'll say on the matter.)

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 16, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »

Not sure if it's just on my device, but after a clean install of 0.9a (with hotfix) weapons no longer show when damaged visually (or via text [the option for that is turned on, I tried both on and off but neither had an effect]). The sparks and damage overlays simply don't appear.

The "disabled" sound does, though, which tells me the weapons are, in fact, being disabled properly

Engines do not have this issue.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 16, 2018, 03:10:07 PM »

About music. It dont have a hard time threshold. It can be appear after 3hours or can be appear after 7h. Or can`t be seen after 13h. (Yep, i mad and can play on you game  full day).
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 16, 2018, 03:11:21 PM »

Not sure if it's just on my device, but after a clean install of 0.9a (with hotfix) weapons no longer show when damaged visually (or via text [the option for that is turned on, I tried both on and off but neither had an effect]). The sparks and damage overlays simply don't appear.

The "disabled" sound does, though, which tells me the weapons are, in fact, being disabled properly

Hmm, you're right. Ooops? Looking into it now.

About music. It dont have a hard time threshold. It can be appear after 3hours or can be appear after 7h. Or can`t be seen after 13h. (Yep, i mad and can play on you game  full day).

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 16, 2018, 03:21:48 PM »

So it turns out I'd turned this off at some point while testing its impact on performance and never turned it back on. And then never noticed it. *facepalm*

Thank you for bringing it up :)

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 16, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »

Ok, i'm relatively surprised at how reasonable the start is. Played for two and a half hours, made a few fun mistakes but weirdly i'm far from the horrible dread of 'i'm going to slowly bleed credits/supplies' and i haven't even abused system pirate bounties. Part two of the playthrough here.

I really enjoy the changes to fighters and Harpoons have gotten less deadly apparently, but i'm thankful for it.

The intel screen is neater than the previous incarnation but it still feels.. incomplete. I have so many filters but sometimes i just care about what's to do in the exact system i'm in, not caring who made the mission and what type the mission is. LE: While writing i decided to check if 'ctrl/shift-clicking' selects all clicked. And they do, but maybe UI wise that should be a default once nothing is selected anymore? Or an <ALL> button? Having nothing clicked sets it back to <Important> which ehh, i'm not sure how important it is but having that as the default 'pane' does feel off.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 03:42:09 PM by Cosmitz »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 16, 2018, 03:30:09 PM »

I think that sometimes systems do not populate themselves with objects? I had a strange experience when on my first trip out, I found absolutely nothing in terms of derelicts, stations, probes, etc. Then on a later trip where I had a 'scan derelict ship' mission in a system I'd already been in, it was full of things.

Still, this patch is awesome! Found a mysterious planet with [REDACTED] and [REDACTED].

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 16, 2018, 03:33:01 PM »

Ok, i'm relatively surprised at how reasonable the start is. Played for two and a half hours, made a few fun mistakes but weirdly i'm far from the horrible dread of 'i'm going to slowly bleed credits/supplies' and i haven't even abused system pirate bounties. Part two of the playthrough here.

I really enjoy the changes to fighters and Harpoons have gotten less deadly apparently, but i'm thankful for it.

Cool! Did you go with one of the "faster" starts?

(Btw, link is broken.)

I think that sometimes systems do not populate themselves with objects? I had a strange experience when on my first trip out, I found absolutely nothing in terms of derelicts, stations, probes, etc. Then on a later trip where I had a 'scan derelict ship' mission in a system I'd already been in, it was full of things.

Huh, interesting. That seems... not possible? All the populating happens at new game creation, with the exception of like one or two REDACTED things.

Still, this patch is awesome! Found a mysterious planet with [REDACTED] and [REDACTED].

:D

ROFLtheWAFL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 16, 2018, 03:33:48 PM »

Anyone having trouble downloading the update? A couple times the download's 'completed', then frozen with 0 seconds left. Canceling the download would then delete it. Now the links don't seem to work for me, they don't do anything.

ROFLtheWAFL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 16, 2018, 03:35:40 PM »

Anyone having trouble downloading the update? A couple times the download's 'completed', then frozen with 0 seconds left. Canceling the download would then delete it. Now the links don't seem to work for me, they don't do anything.

Disregard, it was just Chrome being a pain.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 87