Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468381 times)

NaavT

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #525 on: November 16, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »

A CLASSPATH variable in your environment is about the only thing that comes to mind at this point, hmm. If you have that, removing it should make it work. That is, it still seems like the game is running with the wrong version of xstream (the save/load library) somehow, not the one it actually comes with.

Hmm .. Where can I find it?
Another Russian guy.
My messages are translated into English using "Google Translate".

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 16, 2018, 01:29:21 PM »

I'd be fine with HIL going back to Energy damage personally. The old HIL's problem was it did 250 DPS, now it does 500 I think it's fine with Energy damage. Still burns through armour, better at pressuring shields.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »

(Pasting; sorry re: formatting etc.)

ON WINDOWS
Right-click on My Computer and select Properties.
Go to the Advanced system settings tab.
Click the Environment Variables button. The Environment Variables dialog opens.
Select the environment variable you want to delete and click Delete.
Repeat step 4 as many times as necessary.
Click OK.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 16, 2018, 01:30:41 PM »

I'd be fine with HIL going back to Energy damage personally. The old HIL's problem was it did 250 DPS, now it does 500 I think it's fine with Energy damage. Still burns through armour, better at pressuring shields.

At 500 dps, it's too good at pressuring shields imo. With that range it's just god-tier.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 16, 2018, 01:32:47 PM »

A powerful and more flux-efficient large slot energy weapon that deals hard flux is a big deal. We didn't have one before, Autopulse being more situational. And the old PC being unwieldy at best with its massive burst & flux cost. It's actually more powerful because it's weaker, if that makes sense. In that it can be used now.

Right about the Needler re. burst damage and phase. I hadn't accounted for these. It's still a little odd for the price, and especially when compared to the Heavy variant.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 16, 2018, 01:34:32 PM »

Yeah, not saying it's perfectly tuned, just that it's got a niche.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 16, 2018, 01:36:25 PM »

Did a first hour and a half tutorial/jangala arrival. Didn't get to run into the nitty gritty but haven't had any issues. Only exited now to update to the hotfix.  A bit unrelated but even if my CPU has a lot idle left, streaming/recording SS gives me roughly a 50% FPS cut. :P Not sure what to do about that. (Win7x64, i7 2700k@4ghz)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 03:42:55 PM by Cosmitz »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 16, 2018, 01:37:58 PM »

Oh, right - hotfix is up, everybody!

A bit unrelated but even if my CPU has a lot idle left, streaming/recording SS gives me roughly a 50% FPS cut. :P Not sure what to do about that. (Win7x64, i7 2700k@4ghz)

Hmm - maybe try disabling vsync in settings.json? Possibly both the recording software and Starsector are both doing it and messing each other up.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 16, 2018, 01:38:38 PM »

At 500 dps, it's too good at pressuring shields imo. With that range it's just god-tier.

Gauss Cannon costs 5 OP more and does a lot more hard flux Shield damage at greater range, and with its per-shot damage is pretty dangerous vs armour too. Plus 250 vs 500 soft flux Shield DPS is barely more than 1x Graviton Beam's worth of difference.

I don't think the new Plasma Cannon is underpowered, I just said it's a faster-firing Heavy Blaster which feels odd.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 16, 2018, 01:40:49 PM »

(Gauss is also ballistic, so not a fair comparison...)

Draba

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 16, 2018, 01:53:28 PM »

Awesome as usual, so much for my plans for being productive today :)

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 16, 2018, 01:54:08 PM »

(Gauss is also ballistic, so not a fair comparison...)

Indeed, Gauss is a lot better than HIL even if it were Energy. Just saying I don't feel Energy HIL is god-tier where it still is very behind the actual god-tier anti-shield weapons.

Plus it's still a bit more than 1x Graviton Beam's worth of damage. I don't think it makes it god-tier just because of that difference, especially since it's paid in the loss of 500 anti-armour DPS.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 16, 2018, 01:54:52 PM »

A bit unrelated but even if my CPU has a lot idle left, streaming/recording SS gives me roughly a 50% FPS cut. :P Not sure what to do about that. (Win7x64, i7 2700k@4ghz)

Hmm - maybe try disabling vsync in settings.json? Possibly both the recording software and Starsector are both doing it and messing each other up.

Same with/without. Dropping me into 30-35 from 60, fullscreen or no, core affinity tweaks (Core2/Java) on OBS or no.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 02:03:40 PM by Cosmitz »

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 16, 2018, 01:56:11 PM »

When you take more officers than you can take you can`t know they AI type(Steady, timid and another.) because you see only "Max officers limit". I dont want to kill one of my officers when i dont know who i take on board.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 01:58:01 PM by DrakonST »
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 16, 2018, 02:07:50 PM »

I laughed at solar shielding, but seeing how dense are hyperspace storms, they appear to be less of a convenience and more of a must... Sometimes I accidentally get into one of the storms and it flings me into another and I'm forced to plow through a screen's worth of lightning.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 87