Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468310 times)

RickyRio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2018, 02:40:10 PM »

• Militarized Subsystems:
    • Removes Civilian-grade Hull's penalties
    • Adds +1 burn
    • Increased crew requirements
    • -50% supplies to deploy
    • Can only install on ships with Civilian-grade Hull

awesome that this was added, I've wanted a way to have military sensor profile haulers/tankers since I started playing starsector!

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2018, 02:47:46 PM »

Well, there goes the Warthog.  I watched it swirl around the toilet for a little while before getting sucked in.  From 9 Light Mortars on 3 craft to 4 Light Mortars on 2 craft, with further nerfs in effectiveness beyond the first few shots.  Meh.

Of course, the rest of it is quite nice. :) Especially looking forward to the Apogee changes.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 02:55:00 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Embercloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 20, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »

Can’t wait.
I have a problem with known hullmods not spawning as a item, however. I mean, they could always be used for a extra source if income.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 20, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »

So many things, so many new cool things. Okay, just this question for this evening :

Doom: new ship system, "Mine Strike", spawns high-damage, high-delay proximity fuse mines
Huge buff overall
Harbinger: system changed to Quantum Disruptor
Afflictor: system changed to Entropy Amplifier

What will happen to the Doom's old Interdictor Array? With the new Mine Strike system, and the two other phase ships system swap, i kinda expected the Shade to inherit it.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 20, 2018, 03:16:05 PM »

awesome that this was added, I've wanted a way to have military sensor profile haulers/tankers since I started playing starsector!

Well, you could have Insulated Engines do the job already, but that wouldn't cover sensor strength.

Well, there goes the Warthog.  I watched it swirl around the toilet for a little while before getting sucked in.  From 9 Light Mortars on 3 craft to 4 Light Mortars on 2 craft, with further nerfs in effectiveness beyond the first few shots.  Meh.

Let's just say that it was *that* overpowered to begin with. There are still aspects where it's not much worse than before - for example, the Decoy Flares are qualitative, and having two vs three fighters launching then isn't a huge deal - but yeah, it's offensive potential needed to go down. Basically, it can do HE damage, and due to being a fighter, it can avoid the shields on many ships. This makes it very universal, so balance-wise, it's better for it to be slightly under-powered (since we see just less use of Warthogs) vs slightly overpowered (because then we see less use of *everything else*).

That said, I'll keep an eye on it. Might end up adjusting its role entirely.

Of course, the rest of it is quite nice. :) Especially looking forward to the Apogee changes.

(The "salvage expedition" starts you off with one! Of course, its weapon loadout is lacking, to put it mildly.)

I have a problem with known hullmods not spawning as a item, however. I mean, they could always be used for a extra source if income.

Yeah; imo not worth it for the disappointment factor and just having to check to see if you know it or now. Plus they're not *that* expensive. Blueprints, on the other hand, are, and there known ones can drop.

What will happen to the Doom's old Interdictor Array? With the new Mine Strike system, and the two other phase ships system swap, i kinda expected the Shade to inherit it.

It's not used by anything in the game at the moment. I think putting it on a ship that there could be many of could get too annoying to deal with; plus I'm quite partial to the Shade having the EMP emitter. It can really put it to good use.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 20, 2018, 03:19:07 PM »

•Talon: increased OP cost to 2 (was: 0)

Amazing. Poor old mining pods have a purpose again.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 20, 2018, 03:45:42 PM »

Projectile weapons only: LINKED or DUAL barrelMode weapons will now multiply the weapon_data.csv flux cost by the number of barrels that fire simultaneously
    Multi-barrel beam weapons still use the spreadsheet value as-is

DUAL, that is a new fire mode. Care to share what it does Alex? :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 20, 2018, 03:47:09 PM »

DUAL, that is a new fire mode. Care to share what it does Alex? :)

Faaairly sure that's been in for a while, just undocumented - it makes barrels fire two at a time, iirc in order.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 20, 2018, 03:57:11 PM »

You... Heh, I would have killed to have known about this since 2012.

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 03:58:44 PM by MesoTroniK »

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 20, 2018, 04:15:25 PM »

Man. I haven't been able to find an apogee in my current games yet, be it for sale or recoverable salvage. The new changes make me so excited for, plus the salvage fleet start.

Also: 'added XIV Battlegroup ship not available to the Hegemony'
Whats this? New secret ship we don't know about?
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Bribe Guntails

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »

Terrain
Hyperspace storms:
  • Each strike gives the fleet a speed boost in a direction determined by the fleet's position relative to the storm cell and its speed
  • While speed-boosted, the fleet may briefly lose steering control
I read Hyperstorm speed boost, but I see Hyperstorm Billiards!

• Colonies that have low stability for too long have a chance to become decivilized
Heck, it's about time something is done about colonies sitting pretty at <2 stability

• New game start: etc
Easy multi-fleet starts look nice, though that THREE-CYCLE-LONG stipend seems generous.

• In general: terrain that slows down fleets is where smaller fleets can run to get away from larger fleets
I'mma miss the drive-field-to-energy ratio but this makes sense.

• Militarized Subsystems
  • Efficiency Overhaul
Optimize my fleeet HNNNG

So much more exciting stuff coming and I can't wait to absorb it all like a sponge!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 20, 2018, 04:29:45 PM »

Btw, just realized: forgot to mention in the initial posting that the Light Needler's range is reduced to 700.

You... Heh, I would have killed to have known about this since 2012.

Spoiler
[close]

Haha, sorry :) Nice!

Also: 'added XIV Battlegroup ship not available to the Hegemony'
Whats this? New secret ship we don't know about?

:-X

I read Hyperstorm speed boost, but I see Hyperstorm Billiards!

... you're not necessarily wrong. I'll have to keep an eye on how it feels, it may be a bit extreme.

Easy multi-fleet starts look nice, though that THREE-CYCLE-LONG stipend seems generous.

Timed to peter out a bit after some colonies get off the ground. Might still adjust it, though - initially started out at 2 cycles, then buffed it to 3, but then re-did the economy which made early colonies more profitable. So might make sense to go back to 2 at this point.

Edit: it's also worth noting that with crew and officer salaries, a medium-sized fleet will just about eat up the stipend. So it's really meant to be an early-game booster that you gradually outgrow and replace with colony income.

I'mma miss the drive-field-to-energy ratio but this makes sense.

F

So much more exciting stuff coming and I can't wait to absorb it all like a sponge!

:D Can't wait to get it out, honestly.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 04:32:21 PM by Alex »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 20, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »

Lots of stuff.  Random comments.

Sat bombing destroys small colonies?  One of the endgame victory goals I want to do is destroy all (major) factions.  Faction elimination, here I come!  Mwahaha!

Light Needlers losing range?  Ick!  Seems like Railgun will be the go-to gun for small ballistics.  The only reason to use Light Needler today is +100 range over Railgun, but if the range will be no better than Railgun, and light needler still costs 9 OP to mount, I think I will use Railgun if I have them.  It looks like Light Needler will simply be the inferior 700 range substitute to use if player runs out of Railguns.

Looks like Mauler will take another hit.

Nice that Mule will get composite mount.  The only Mule that interested me in 0.8 was Mule (P) for the universal mount (so I can put Heavy Mauler or HVD on it).

As for Odyssey, it looks like it will become the one standard ship that can use unguided large missiles (i.e., Hammers and Reapers) effectively.  More OP (and free hullmods I probably would not install) is nice.  Not sure how well it will do until I try it.

Aurora losing flux stats?  Ouch!  Looks like it will be pushed toward Safety Override brawler if it wants to attack with inefficient energy weapons.

I wonder if the hot-rod Falcon (P) is related to Marauder Falcon from Endless Sky?

P.S.  Can survey any planet unskilled?  Nice.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 04:36:47 PM by Megas »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 20, 2018, 04:40:06 PM »

Light Needlers losing range?  Ick!  Seems like Railgun will be the go-to gun for small ballistics.  The only reason to use Light Needler today is +100 range over Railgun, but if the range will be no better than Railgun, and light needler still costs 9 OP to mount, I think I will use Railgun if I have them.  It looks like Light Needler will simply be the inferior 700 range substitute to use if player runs out of Railguns.

Burst Damage.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 20, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »

I wonder if the hot-rod Falcon (P) is related to Marauder Falcon from Endless Sky?

(David came up with it, but with that caveat, I'm pretty sure it's not.)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 87