Fractal Softworks Forum
October 20, 2018, 09:19:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Portrait Hegemonization (10/16/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (In-Dev) Patch Notes  (Read 53543 times)
Linnis
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2018, 01:55:21 PM »

Well there could be a hull mod with something like increase missile capacity by 500% but each missile weapon require 3× the op cost.
Ranakastrasz
Admiral

Prince Corwin of Amber

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2018, 02:39:04 PM »

Missiles are my bread and butter and the only thing stopping me from being known as a Missile Platform rather than a ship is the limitations on hardpoints.

Any chance we'll see some form of customization that'll let me become a missile man?

Sorry, I'm afraid not Smiley Missiles don't generally build up flux - and often have highly limited ammo - so they are near impossible to balance if they could be mass-installed on a ship. That goes double if they could be installed on *any* ship, not one specifically meant for it.

Heck your balance!  Gimme explosions!

This Complete overhaul certainly makes missiles quite common. It pretty much goes with the idea that missiles and fighters are infinite resources like all other weapons, alters PD to match, and it didn't fundamentally break anything.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13183.0

That said, As the game is vanilla wise, Missiles are powerful but run out fast, so really aren't like normal weapons at all.

I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire
Arkiuz
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2018, 09:59:11 PM »

I know, I just appreciate the art and programming that goes into these little things.  When you catch a fast moving guy through a shower of flak with a torpedo?  Beautiful.  Poetry in motion.
UUolf
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #288 on: October 06, 2018, 09:30:34 AM »

I am beyond hyped for the release of this patch - it will extend gameplay massively.
Does anyone know a release date or a general time it will be put through?

Woof
Arkiuz
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 06, 2018, 09:32:42 AM »

I am beyond hyped for the release of this patch - it will extend gameplay massively.
Does anyone know a release date or a general time it will be put through?
There's never a set time.  When it happens, it happens.
UUolf
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #290 on: October 06, 2018, 09:51:09 AM »

Fair enough.

Woof
Dri
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 06, 2018, 10:48:05 AM »

I am wondering why we haven't gotten a Patch Notes update, though. Been like 5 months since the last update...
TheDTYP
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 06, 2018, 12:03:40 PM »

I'm under the impression its coming within a few weeks, but if anyone wants to tell me otherwise so I don't get my hopes up, I welcome that, too.
Cik
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 06, 2018, 12:16:01 PM »

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
Harabeck
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #294 on: October 06, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT

Says who? You can't just say stuff like that and get my hopes up.  Cry
YesHello
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 06, 2018, 09:06:01 PM »

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT

Indeed.  Truly dreadful behavior, since I have been waiting for this update since I bought the game 5-6 years ago.
Megas
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 10, 2018, 06:28:13 AM »

I just read the post with Converted Hangar changes, with the penalties being changed to double fighter OP cost.  That looks fun, although that probably makes Loadout Design 3 even more desirable than it already is.  (I already consider Converted Hangar too costly without +10% OP.)  Currently, I only use it to put Talons or Claws on my ships, due to the refit penalties and inability to put Expanded Deck Crew.  With the change, other fighters, including bombers, may be handy.  Well, maybe depending how inconvenient lack of Helmsmanship 3 is.
TaLaR
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 10, 2018, 06:32:12 AM »

Did anything about Talons change? They were pretty much no-brainer for converted hangar and seem to have become even more so.
Megas
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 10, 2018, 07:01:27 AM »

Talons for Converted Hangar are no-brainer for me mostly because of refit time.  Other fighters aside from Claws take too long to replace with the refit penalties and lack of Deck Crew hullmod, and bombers do not rapid-refit.  With the changes in 0.9, I might rip-out more weapons to use the other fighters (provided I get used to no Helmsmanship 3).

For some ships, I use Talons mostly as a lure to flush out frigates that would otherwise mob my ship if I stick my ship too far away from the wall far enough to find them.
Gothars
Global Moderator
Admiral

Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 10, 2018, 07:55:40 AM »

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT

Indeed.  Truly dreadful behavior, since I have been waiting for this update since I bought the game 5-6 years ago.

I'll close this thread for now, so no one gets his hope uf for nothing:)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
  Print  

Jump to: