Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468554 times)

Ulzgoroth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2018, 12:10:25 PM »

So in the newest blog update, it looks like you decided that the player shouldn't be encouraged to hold off on salvaging a find for lack of ships or resources, but should be for lack of skill investment?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2018, 12:31:22 PM »

Hmm - I did touch on this in the blog post, but maybe not in enough detail.

Maxing out the salvaging skill doesn't take long - you can do it by level 4, and fairly quickly even if you don't decide to do it right away (which also implies you're probably not going salvaging right away) - so it's an acceptable thing to wait for. It's also a one-time wait, if it's a wait at all, since you're likely to get to this point during your first salvaging expedition.

Or, you can decide not to get it at all and put your points elsewhere, in which case you don't need to wait for it.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!

Ulzgoroth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »

It was clearly touched on, but for what it's worth I thought the value judgement there was implicit more than explicit.

Not sure why I didn't register here ages ago, considering I got into the game back in 2012.  The colony building coming up in 0.9 is the feature I've always been most excited about all along.

greyxenon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 10, 2018, 03:05:42 PM »

So... when's this coming out?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »

So... when's this coming out?
Soon™
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Eashua

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2018, 02:43:06 PM »

Almost frothing at the mouth haha.

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 16, 2018, 09:01:59 PM »

Will 0.9a get rid of the last vestiges of D mod ships that can't be fully restored? I keep noticing a type of D mod sunder that has the large mount downgraded to a medium and having to check the stats of all my d mod ships to make sure they are fully restore-able before I salvage them is annoying.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 16, 2018, 09:13:13 PM »

Will 0.9a get rid of the last vestiges of D mod ships that can't be fully restored? I keep noticing a type of D mod sunder that has the large mount downgraded to a medium and having to check the stats of all my d mod ships to make sure they are fully restore-able before I salvage them is annoying.

Unless I'm missing/forgetting something, it ought to clean all that up, yes.

Otharious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »

am legit dying here

I need to have my fix! and get my conquest flagship again :D

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2018, 07:30:28 AM »

I have an almost unfounded hope and desire that the Conquest's front large launchers get switched with the side medium launchers just for the sake of super-cool-looking Squall deployment. At the very least i hope Squalls track just a bit better (and not narrowly missing mostly everything) in 0.9a given:

Greatly improved missile tracking
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:33:11 AM by Cosmitz »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »

I like where the front launchers are for easy Locust spam.  Dual Locusts is murder against a wide variety of targets.

Arkiuz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2018, 09:22:56 AM »

Missiles are my bread and butter and the only thing stopping me from being known as a Missile Platform rather than a ship is the limitations on hardpoints.

Any chance we'll see some form of customization that'll let me become a missile man?

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 21, 2018, 11:10:16 PM »

bring back original griffon

also we are going to need at least an additional missile destroyer (buffalo doesn't count as it sucks.. or at least make it better) converted merchantmen are all well and good but to truly embrace the MMM destiny we will need some heavier ordnance.

maybe make LRMs good or something (though what that would take is hard to say, they are easy to break ATM because the sensor layer is too basic to permit true long range fire without it being either useless or way too strong)

but yes, more missiles please.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 22, 2018, 07:24:02 AM »

bring back original griffon
While fun, that wrecked Gryphon after one fight.  Pure D&D-style nova class in Starsector if there was one.

Honestly, I like to see Gryphon get better defenses; it is too flimsy to be practical.  Better hull and flux stats, and make Expanded Missile Racks hullmod builtin (or add more OP).  Failing that, bring back classic Aurora with large missile mount.  Aurora used to be high-tech Gryphon with better stats but no missile forge system (but it did not need it).  Classic Aurora with missiles was almost on par with Dominator.

also we are going to need at least an additional missile destroyer (buffalo doesn't count as it sucks.. or at least make it better)
Shrike might pass as one if those two medium mounts are synergies.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 22, 2018, 07:51:52 AM »

also we are going to need at least an additional missile destroyer (buffalo doesn't count as it sucks.. or at least make it better) converted merchantmen are all well and good but to truly embrace the MMM destiny we will need some heavier ordnance.

Buffalo is decent in terms of deployment cost to killing power ratio. The only problem - it's not sufficiently willing to commit to all-out-sabot spam strategy, which is the only thing it's good for.
Still, skill-less auto-piloted Paragon loses to less than it's worth of deployment points in sabot+swarmer+converted hangar talon Buffalos. And same equation seems to hold true for most other cruisers/capitals. I suppose some dedicated counter builds are possible, but against conventional builds Buffalos win decisively.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 87