Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468567 times)

kiss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2018, 07:43:28 AM »

Thx for such a good game!

Can you please remove this such annoing white flashing via full screen in battles when i destroy a ship? I have to turn my head away or close my eyes with hands to not see this !!!

Thx

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2018, 07:57:32 AM »

Can you please remove this such annoing white flashing via full screen in battles when i destroy a ship? I have to turn my head away or close my eyes with hands to not see this !!!
You can.  Go to the settings.json file in starsector-core /  data / config and set "enableShipExplosionWhiteout" to "false".
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2018, 08:01:27 AM »

You can.  Go to the settings.json file in starsector-core /  data / config and set "enableShipExplosionWhiteout" to "false".
Thanks mate.
I normally have no problems with it but went to play on my old PC and it was like woah. Bright nuke bombs that burn my eye-sockets.

kiss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2018, 08:17:35 AM »

Thx bro, i did this! But have players to edit game files for such things?
I think "such effects" should be off by default or have a switch in game setting!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:19:55 AM by kiss »

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2018, 10:02:52 AM »

because a lot of people like it
mmm.... tartiflette

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2018, 10:09:23 AM »

Generally the stuff in settings.json but not in-game settings is there because it would have to be done to a different level of quality for me to feel comfortable having it be an actual in-game setting.

In the case of ship explosions, for example, they "work" for frigates, but when you scale them up for larger ships, they could stand to have more detail if viewed stand-alone. With the whiteout over them, this never comes up - but removing whiteout would make this an issue.

If tweaked from a config file, though, I think there's an implicit understanding that things may or may not be optimal as a result of the changes.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2018, 07:13:34 PM »

GraphicsLib does add extra effects to ship explosions as a replacement for white-out.  I can confirm on Alex's behalf that it is not easy to tune ship explosion effects.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2018, 10:27:51 PM »

(Any sort of visual effect just takes ages to nail down, it seems like. On the bright side, when I'm working on something like that, hours disappear within minutes.)

lapersonaoval

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »

me levanto cada mañana para ver si ha salido ya la nueva versión ...when i wake up in the morning, first i take a warm, relaxing great shower imaging a new release is waiting for me in my den but .... it's ok, alex, i'll be waiting 'cause you (and your mates) have THE GAME in your hands .... so amazing, so great, plenty of wonders to discover ... ACOJONANTE !!!!!! how can i tell you the marvellous time that i`m spending playing, remodding your mods, ... everything ???? it's a pleasure

thanx a lot, alex and fractal team and modders, i got no words to describe how much i'm enjoying this maraviglia !!!!!!!!!
pd: my apologizes, english is not my lenguage and i intend to be understanding for all of you, i know i have to improve ...

Noomsy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2018, 02:44:43 PM »

So ready to play with more features....

Would it help if I buy the game again?

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2018, 05:28:54 AM »

Considering doing that myself when the Steam version hits to be honest.

Kyuss11

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2018, 07:49:52 AM »

I feel like I ripped Alex off with the low price I paid for this game back in the day. Once this game is fully released, I would buy this game for 30 bucks easy and donate to some of the modders.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2018, 12:33:31 PM »

I appreciate the sentiment :)

SeinTa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2018, 01:17:56 PM »

Just a quick question, would there be a possibility to recover ships directly in a mothballed state? (i hope I didn't miss a button that does it already)

facc00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2018, 12:20:08 AM »

Sweet!!!!!!!  All my bases are belong to me. ;p
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 87