Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468393 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2018, 08:41:34 AM »

I believe that's a feature, not a bug.

Arkar1234

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2018, 11:18:37 AM »

I believe that's a feature, not a bug.

Getting r/Planetside flashbacks
Somewhere... somehow... some when.... there's a Kantai Collection mod for Starsector.....

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »

Fighters temporarily get the same collision as normal ships when flamed out, which allows them to get hit by friendly fire and crash into ships.

Eternity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2018, 02:04:10 PM »

Can't wait this update ! hoping it for soon :-)

dftst0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2018, 01:02:45 AM »

Don't know the proper term for it, but searches have returned nothing so far.
Could there be an option to disable the 'helpful' hint popups ("Your fleet has entered hyperspace!", "All of your ships are below 20% combat readiness", etc.) completely for old/seasoned players?
i don't belong here

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2018, 02:09:46 AM »

Hi, welcome to the forum:)

There's a checkbox to disable the hints completely whenever you start a new campaign.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

dftst0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2018, 02:47:45 AM »

Oh. I must be dumb. And blind.

So much for a well thought-out first post.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:54:41 AM by dftst0 »
i don't belong here

Ratheden

• Lieutenant
  • Slaughter cannot be spelled without Laughter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2018, 06:25:25 AM »

I come in for my semi-monthly check on the game, and WOW, I am so looking forward to playing with the new update when it comes.

Just from the patch notes, looks awesome Alex.

Vulpes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2018, 04:20:46 AM »

How will faction hostilities be decided?  Are there factors for tension like land, trade wars, attempts to destabilize colonies- or  is it just random?  It'd be interesting if all the other factions can (attempt to) band up to beat down anyone that gets too dominant.

It'd also be interesting if the player (or AI) could ultimately subjugate all other factions as a kind of late game challenge, or take missions to help re-establish a faction suppressed by someone else.  Maybe by the power of love friendship threats-of-violence the player could even unite the sector and usher in a new dawn of prosperity!

I guess in a nutshell I'd like the system to allow for a little intrigue, some power plays: tangible player driven changes beyond just being good at killing things.

On an entirely unrelated note, have you been working on starsector full time or are there other projects to keep the bread flowing?  Such a long time working on one game; must feel odd to know you're reaching the finish line.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 15, 2018, 02:08:53 PM »

I come in for my semi-monthly check on the game, and WOW, I am so looking forward to playing with the new update when it comes.

Just from the patch notes, looks awesome Alex.

Thank you! :)

How will faction hostilities be decided?  Are there factors for tension like land, trade wars, attempts to destabilize colonies- or  is it just random?  It'd be interesting if all the other factions can (attempt to) band up to beat down anyone that gets too dominant.

It'd also be interesting if the player (or AI) could ultimately subjugate all other factions as a kind of late game challenge, or take missions to help re-establish a faction suppressed by someone else.  Maybe by the power of love friendship threats-of-violence the player could even unite the sector and usher in a new dawn of prosperity!

I guess in a nutshell I'd like the system to allow for a little intrigue, some power plays: tangible player driven changes beyond just being good at killing things.

It's random, and factions taking over other faction colonies isn't a thing at this point, so it's not something I want to flesh out. We'll see where it goes; in general I'd expect diplomacy (if any) to be fairly rudimentary.

On an entirely unrelated note, have you been working on starsector full time or are there other projects to keep the bread flowing?  Such a long time working on one game; must feel odd to know you're reaching the finish line.

Full-time, yeah. I don't know that it's *that* close to the finish line; we've still got 1.0, whatever bugfixing etc after that, and (hopefully) an expansion. So (provided the preorder income allows it) it ought to be Starsector work for the foreseeable future for me, so it doesn't really feel weird in that way. I do know what you're getting at, though!

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2018, 11:00:31 AM »

(Bounties)Will now pay out and increase reputation when hostile or worse with offering faction

I can see some case of this being an improvement, but just out of curiosity(and some lurkers' request): what is the reasoning behind this change?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2018, 11:17:27 AM »

Mainly just removing what felt like an unnecessary complication to convey to the player. It could really go either way whether bounties raising rep from below a certain point is good or bad, and given that, the simpler option seems the way to go. And since I was re-implementing all of these as "intel"...

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »

Mainly just removing what felt like an unnecessary complication to convey to the player. It could really go either way whether bounties raising rep from below a certain point is good or bad, and given that, the simpler option seems the way to go. And since I was re-implementing all of these as "intel"...
At least I will not need to grind Remnants for cores to turn in and raise reputation above Vengeful.  (The cash bonus is nice, but the rep raise is what I am interested in most.)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2018, 06:25:33 PM »

Yeah. Part of my thinking was that the extra bit of player freedom this grants is nice - one can RP this in their head however they want.

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2018, 07:37:29 AM »

after a few days of playing the game for the first time, I wander over to see what .9a patch will be about...

I read just 1/3 of the patch notes and was overwhelmed by a Keanu Reeves in the Matrix level of "titanic whoa-ness".  I will need another hour or so to consider the implications of the rest of the incoming transformations on what I thought the game was.  Like, read a sentence, and ponder, sort of thing.

I vote that the .9a be given a dev branch name of "fabulously_juicy_steak_on_a_plate"

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 87