Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Updated the Forum Rules and Guidelines (02/29/20); Blog post: GIF Roundup (04/11/20)

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 279419 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #945 on: November 23, 2018, 04:44:16 PM »

the tutorial is a little hard on new players but then so is the game itself, I don't mind it as a barrier to entry bc quite frankly this game could use a barrier or two as-is. The tutorial should get toned down but only paired with the early game getting adjusted too

Chow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 23, 2018, 05:13:12 PM »

The ship's D-mods disappear in fleet-buying screen after I save game and load up the save inside a system:

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 23, 2018, 05:20:48 PM »

Thank you - just fixed up this one a couple hours ago, actually!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 23, 2018, 05:53:01 PM »

While tutorial can be difficult for those not intimately familiar with the game, it is nothing compared to the midgame difficulty spike if player did not get combat related skills (due to focusing on exploration or colonies) or if player tries to build a colony early then get burned by upkeep or invaders (that send endgame fleets against player).

On another point, I solved my League relay theft problem by smashing my old relay to bits then building a new one.  Only -5 rep.  (Now if they swiped a Domain relay, that would have been a real problem, with no way to replace and insta-hostile.)

I just thought of a way to keep my unwanted growth under control, remove the spaceport.  I am not going toward my waystations just yet, got a Pather base to find before it wrecks my main colony.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 05:54:32 PM by Megas »

mvamorim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #949 on: November 23, 2018, 06:18:17 PM »

Thank you for the new version!

I've a bug to report. After a pirate invasion on my station, when I try to access some salvage I get a null pointer exception and the games get stuck on that screen, If I press esc, it just looping "leave".

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: November 23, 2018, 06:22:35 PM »

Hi! Thank you for the report, do you happen to have a savefile where I can reproduce this? Just tried with another save and was unable to; possibly fixed in the dev version, but it would be nice to confirm. If you've got the save handy: fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com.

(Welcome to the forum, btw!)

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 23, 2018, 06:57:45 PM »

Thank you - just fixed up this one a couple hours ago, actually!

Any ETA on RC11 then? Just curious c:

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 23, 2018, 07:01:38 PM »

Wasn't planning another hotfix; the next release will be 0.9.1a, and that'll take a little bit, since there are a lot of TODO items based on all the feedback and bug reports :)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 23, 2018, 07:08:06 PM »

Wasn't planning another hotfix; the next release will be 0.9.1a, and that'll take a little bit, since there are a lot of TODO items based on all the feedback and bug reports :)
Guess I better keep playing so I can assemble the mammoth post of feedback like I have done for previous major releases.  I spilt much, but not everything.  Three major things left to do: 1) invade the Red Planet, 2) explore the whole sector, 3) rob blueprints from core worlds because I want all the good stuff for my heavy industry to build.

P.S.  Found sleeper ship by chance, but the system it was in had no planet worth colonizing.  Sole planet had hazard with 250%, much too high, despite ultrarich ores.  Guess all of those people will sleep even longer.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:10:52 PM by Megas »

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 23, 2018, 08:16:04 PM »

Oh I see... I asked since "self repairing d-mods" seemed kinda huge to me. It's making even Iron Mode stupidly easy for me. Tho at the same time it makes for an easier time to get to the new stuff to test it out (and find more bugs!), so... :)

The Soldier

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 23, 2018, 08:26:00 PM »

P.S.  Found sleeper ship by chance, but the system it was in had no planet worth colonizing.  Sole planet had hazard with 250%, much too high, despite ultrarich ores.  Guess all of those people will sleep even longer.
Yeah, I've found 2 so far.  Both were in a system where there was a single Barren planet with absolutely nothing useful in them.  A bit disappointing.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #956 on: November 23, 2018, 09:07:49 PM »

P.S.  Found sleeper ship by chance, but the system it was in had no planet worth colonizing.  Sole planet had hazard with 250%, much too high, despite ultrarich ores.  Guess all of those people will sleep even longer.
Yeah, I've found 2 so far.  Both were in a system where there was a single Barren planet with absolutely nothing useful in them.  A bit disappointing.

It'd be great if there was some large project (200 heavy machinery, 1000 crew, 500 supplies, etc) to move the sleeper ship to a system of your choosing/add it to your fleet until you stop at a colony to park it over

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #957 on: November 23, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »

It'd be great if there was some large project (200 heavy machinery, 1000 crew, 500 supplies, etc) to move the sleeper ship to a system of your choosing/add it to your fleet until you stop at a colony to park it over

Nice idea!
Though make it 10k heavy machinery, 10k crew, 10k supplies...... and 20 tugs :D

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 23, 2018, 09:20:41 PM »

I don't know if you've used a sleeper ship with your colonies yet, but it's extremely powerful. +50 growth points at size 5, +60 at size 6 and so forth. Even hazardous planets will be size 8 in no time.

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #959 on: November 23, 2018, 09:27:55 PM »

So I'm guessing that tech mines all contribute their take to a common loot table pool that then distributes goodies, because I know that running tech mines at separate times doesn't get you goodies like this. It also contributes to wanting to note and save up as many of the largest ruins as possible to start up tech mining all at once. Incidentally, this might not be what you meant tech mines for.

Spoiler
[close]
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 87