Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 471646 times)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #810 on: November 20, 2018, 01:10:36 PM »

god bless you alex for not taking our black hole colonies away from us

Oh, crap, how could I forget! Hotfix incoming

Spoiler
Kidding, of course. Is that getting old yet?
[close]

WAIT DOES THIS MEAN WE REALLY GET TO KEEP THEM  :o

e: is this because fixing it would break saves? :P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 01:15:10 PM by Vayra »
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 20, 2018, 01:10:43 PM »

A bit more testing with Salvaging after finding few more new spots to plunder.

* No Salvaging gave me something useful (missile package) while other levels gave me Luddic package (yuck!).

* Unskilled gave me synchrotron.  Max gave corrupted nanoforge.  Levels 1 and 2 gave both!

* Unskilled gave me Squall and Gryphon blueprints.  Level 3 gave me a ton of useful hullmods and some blueprints like Ion Beam and Claw blueprints.  Levels 1 and 2 gave me Eagle and Astral blueprints, plus Ion Beam blueprints (most useful to me).

I suppose more Salvaging can do some good, but with results I have seen, it is a huge opportunity cost for such an unreliable skill.  I am not sure if Salvaging is worth it.  If Salvaging skill gave what unskilled does and (rolls the dice for) more, instead of rerolling the loot pot and possibly getting worse stuff despite a bit more stuff overall, then it would feel better, and it would be easy to see the results.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 20, 2018, 01:21:35 PM »

With the Nebula bug cleared, I currently only have one gripe left.
When fighting Remnants at probe (or other) locations solo, there tends to be one or two that will fly away from the battle and will wander around the map, making me hunt for it, sometimes calling low CR ships to locate it.
So far it's only the Bastion ones if I remember well / the one unique to such battles, that never appears in fleets otherwise.

Yep, on my list to look at.

WAIT DOES THIS MEAN WE REALLY GET TO KEEP THEM  :o

I mean, I'll be fixing it for the .1 release! Just didn't make the hotfix; not exactly an "urgent problem" type of issue.

I think you can pretty easily replicate this by starting a new game (with the tutorial) and hitting up all the non-pirate markets in Ancyra and Corvus (both of which are naturally on the route). And going to Askonia immediately after Corvus, too. Lots of beautiful blue LPCs and other things that should be "rare", and that you can't afford right now, but that you also know will never show up again.

I don't know, I think maybe this is some sort of confirmation bias? I loaded up a fairly advanced save and there's sometimes plenty of good stuff for sale. And sometimes not. But as it's fairly random, that's expected.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 20, 2018, 01:56:10 PM »

When fix Remnant station loot and cheat-bug immediate updating colony market?
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 20, 2018, 02:00:33 PM »

I think you can pretty easily replicate this by starting a new game (with the tutorial) and hitting up all the non-pirate markets in Ancyra and Corvus (both of which are naturally on the route). And going to Askonia immediately after Corvus, too. Lots of beautiful blue LPCs and other things that should be "rare", and that you can't afford right now, but that you also know will never show up again.

I don't know, I think maybe this is some sort of confirmation bias? I loaded up a fairly advanced save and there's sometimes plenty of good stuff for sale. And sometimes not. But as it's fairly random, that's expected.
I cannot confirm this for 0.9, but I have seen that quirk in previous versions, in some of the 0.7 and 0.8 releases.  If player really wants those rare weapons in the Black Market, he needs to buy them as soon as possible.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 20, 2018, 02:07:14 PM »

I just have to say that indeed, the combat weirdness has been resolved with RC10. The game feels like the game again. Surprising how much it mattered for such a tiny innocuos bug i couldn't really explain but feel something was off. :)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 03:00:47 PM by Cosmitz »

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 20, 2018, 02:17:10 PM »

Two things:
  • Bug: Is anyone else getting a bug where salvage attempts from battle debris fields can have tons of Nebula Passenger transports as recoverable hulls even if the battle had none of them in it at all. (I realized it was VERY odd when I got Nebulas after [REDACTED] fights or like 3-4 Nebs ONLY for a few other fights.) I'm not sure what causes this; it happens occasionally and there isn't anything I can think of that in common with each occurrence. Saw this in RC7 once or twice and now in RC9. I'm pretty sure I saw it non-modded in RC7. By RC9 I have a handful of utility mods installed and see it a bit more often (or so it seems; have spent more time in RC9 by now). Apologies in advance if this was mentioned already...
yes I've noticed this as well
[/list]

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 20, 2018, 03:54:29 PM »

When you decided to bribe hega AI core check and later switch back to cooperate, there was a bug that switching between coop and fight grant you 100k per switch, earning you infinite credit. Has this been fixed?

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 20, 2018, 04:03:31 PM »

When you decided to bribe hega AI core check and later switch back to cooperate, there was a bug that switching between coop and fight grant you 100k per switch, earning you infinite credit. Has this been fixed?

No - that hasn't been reported til now. In theory it should take 100k then give you 100k when you switch and so on, not resulting in any net gain. I'll check it out!

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 20, 2018, 04:25:42 PM »

I've always defaulted to being friendly to Hegemony bc of starting every game pirate-hunting in Corvus.
I founded my first colony in Syrinx after raiding the Independent colonies there into de-civilization the long way (bc the short way would cause the Hegemony to declare war on me and I didn't wanna have to destroy Arcadia) and selling every piece of everything they didn't have nailed down to Arcadia, only for the Hegemony to launch a decivilizing saturation bombardment on my colony almost as soon as I founded it, before the spaceport I queued immediately could be done. They didn't even declare war on me so after I lost most of my fleet (so bad that I finished the fight with the fleet logistics backliners who I'd put talon wings into, it got ugly) in an attempt to saturation bomb my (thus-far) civilian I'm not even allowed to retaliate.

Quite a context-changer. After the completely fair defensive battle, all of Arcadia's patrol fleets are now orbiting my colony, so I've declared a shadow-war against Arcadia. Since they're attempting to wipe out my colony without so much as giving me the opportunity to fairly react, I left the sector to go collect my arsenal from the Asharu platform, dropped back into Syrinx thru the completely hidden entry point of the gas giant (which is cool), Go Dark'd my way to my colony slipping thru their patrols, re-armed & re-upped then confirmed that they don't know whose fleet mine is and it's game time buddies.
Oh, it's against your laws for me to run without transponders? Eat torpedoes. Oh, you're trying to get a shipment of food to Arcadia station? How about a healthy shipment of torpedoes.

This update really re-contextualized this game for me.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

arcblade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 20, 2018, 04:58:47 PM »

This version (0.9a) do not support 4K display screen mode. But version 0.8.1a support 4K. :'(

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 20, 2018, 05:19:13 PM »

This version (0.9a) do not support 4K display screen mode. But version 0.8.1a support 4K. :'(

data/config/settings.json

"4kThreshold":3600,

Change to say 10000, should be good to go.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 20, 2018, 05:31:28 PM »

Megaport built prompt says it will take 30 days, the upgrade itself takes 15 actually once clicked through. The cost is fine though, 60k both prompt and click.

PS: i have no idea what i'm doing with these poor people, send help

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 20, 2018, 05:51:28 PM »

I think I'm running out of colony feedback. Good. What I've got:

Darkness seems like it should only have a +25% hazard rating, if any at all. The cold that would ensue is already covered by the Extreme Cold condition. Poor Light could be reduced to +10%, or be left simply as a descriptive condition.

I feel Extreme Tectonic Activity should have a +75% or even +100% hazard rating. Could you imagine living on a planet with "cataclysmic volcanism events"? Terrifying!

I think it would be neat if worlds with a strong magnetic field in a neutron star system weren't irradiated (unless they're an irradiated world, of course).

Noticed a cool detail: cold toxic worlds get a different description than normal ones.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 20, 2018, 06:19:20 PM »

it's a little weird how the only way to take over an existing colony is to completely destroy the planet's infrastructure and then wait for everyone on the planet to die.
I get this feedback technically gets filed under "not-yet-implemented gameplay mechanics" probably, but the game has marines, colonial ground defenses, market infrastructure, administrators in charge of said infrastructure and the ability to pull up said administrators on a comms link but doesn't have a way to use your marines to forcefully oust the administrators of a colony with destroyed stability and install your own administration to switch a colony to your side in some way.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 87