Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: The Scrappers Faction! (Mod v1.75, .54a) Very minor tweaks.  (Read 90159 times)

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

If anybody here also uses DeathSG's Minimash (Version .9 atm), and could test the "Compatible" version, I'd be massively grateful ^_^. It's actually just a simple naming change so his mod is activated first, thus his SectorGen file is run in which mine will extend. Any help testing would be awesome!

EDIT: I figured it worked well enough for me, should be okay. Version 0.6 is up as of now, any issues, please please please post :D

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: The Scrappers: Hegemony rebels faction! (Update, Mod v.65) +3 Weapons
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 03:16:22 PM »

3 New weapons, including a beam! It IS classified as Ballistic, so the scrapper forces can use it. It's fairly unique, probably the best weapon addition so far for this mod.

The Sparrows have been reequipped with the new Darter Gun. This makes them more unique, and provides a reliable way to acquire the darter gun if you want to use one. The Refuge has also been equipped with these.

The third weapon added, the Flak Bombardier, provides excellent PD in exchange for your regular Large Turret weapon.

I also changed up the way they spawn. They'll spawn more slowly, although there will be a little more than before, they won't constantly be a lot everywhere. Also more fleet variety.

EDIT: The Darter Gun is incorrectly High Explosive and not kinetic. If you engage Sparrows, approach with extreme caution >_<

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 08:44:35 PM »

Yo, I love the way these ships looks man, really cool. I noticed when I was playing though that the Terra Carrier's second Microwave Beam is a Hardpoint, not a turret like the other one. Thought I would point that out ^^

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 02:52:13 AM »

Ah! Thanks for pointing that out. It shalt be fixed in today's update. (Updating daily until I get a job... This sates my work hunger!)

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 08:06:44 AM »

Oh another thing, I don't know if it was me that did something wrong, but all of the new fighters for me take 0 fleet points, there's only 1 fighter/bomber in a wing and whenever i deploy them the game crashes. I changed the stats of the fighters in the ship data.csv and gave most of them 5 or 6 fighters/bombers in a wing, you know any reason why this is happening? Any help would be appreciated, since the ships in this mod have no conflicting art and i want more vanilla looking ships. =]

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 08:52:14 AM »

It was after, I hadn't tried it before I edited the files though, right after I downloaded it I just went to editing the hitpoints and stuff but I don't understand why that would cause it. Since just changing the hitpoints, armor, number in a wing, and formation works with every other fighter in other mods. It just gives me a null error after my game crashes.

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 08:59:25 AM »

Couldja post up the wing and ship files? I can take a look :p. Those changes SHOULDN'T cause any problems.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 09:03:46 AM »

About balance, so far I've noticed your sparrow intercepters being wholly OP..

I think the gun is way too powerful, and 300 is much too fast.. pretty sure with engine boost, they do over 400..

The only way to defeat them is to get them surrounded with a *** ton of other fighters.. since missiles, not even swarmers can even hope to catch them.

They can dodge ballistic weapons with just a touch of the throttle, and wasp wing which could potentially be a threat with the laser, isnt fast enough to catch them, and if they do, they die in 2 seconds..

I suggest a speed of 225, (considering that speed is with green crew) and maybe lowering the damage on the darter gun thingy slightly.. atm 2 volleys obliterate a broadsword fighter, far as I can tell anyhow, haven't been able to get my hands on a wing yet..

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 09:09:57 AM »

id   designation   hitpoints   armor rating   max flux   8/6/5/4%   flux dissipation
hadd_sparrow      450               165                800                    50
hadd_bat         1050               295                500                    40            Arc   upkp.  efficiency
hadd_platypus      1750               600                1900                    80->   OMNI    180    0.3    0.4    (added shields to him)
hadd_raptor           1550               580                800                    40->  OMNI   180   .25    0.4 (shields)

And that's pretty much the jist of it, increased the wings of the sparrow and bat to 6, increased platypus and raptor to 5.   

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2012, 09:28:38 AM »

I attached altered Ship and Wing files that should have all the changes you made. It worked for me, if it still doesn't work, lemme know. I'm curious :p

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »

Alright sweet thanks man! I'll see if it works now, appreciate it =]

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2012, 10:01:38 AM »

Hmm, at this point I would have to say this error is being caused by the other mods that I'm using, I have Theii's Ascendency, Ironclads, TimCORP, Starfarer Extended, Confederacy of free stars, and I think that's it.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »

Hmm, at this point I would have to say this error is being caused by the other mods that I'm using, I have Theii's Ascendency, Ironclads, TimCORP, Starfarer Extended, Confederacy of free stars, and I think that's it.

Try bugfixing by downloading all the latest versions, and if that doesn't solve it, try to enable each mod one by one, and then two by two to bugfix. This really helps out, and it also tests compability. Try it. :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:06:50 AM by Upgradecap »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 10:07:39 AM »

And if that dosen't solve it, post the starfarer log so we can see the exact error.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13