Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: The Scrappers Faction! (Mod v1.75, .54a) Very minor tweaks.  (Read 90155 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

You should try the battleborn against my mods Terra class dreadnought and see who wins ;D

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

I was going to implement a mission, but I saw the stats on that thing and surrendered immediately :p.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Against my dreadnought? pepole tend to do that, but it has a weakness: it has a hole in it's shield where you can swarm it on (send cannon fodder to distract it, use the battleborn to punch a hole in it ;D)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Here's proof of them not being unkillable:   

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:22:38 PM by Upgradecap »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

he was retreating (and sorry for the double images)

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile

While I love the sprites for the smaller ships, the Terra and the Battleborn somewhat bug me. I think the reason is that the shadows at the edge of the parts don't fit with the lack of shadows in the middle of other parts they overlap. In the Battleborn, this would be near the engines in the back. With the Terra, the discontinuity is in the little cargo-ships attached to the side. If you went through and slightly smoothed the colors at the seams, it would over double the quality of the sprites! ;D

Again, the first rule of franken-spriting is that the parts fit seamlessly. (The second rule is that the ships look intelligently designed, and the third rule is that they look structurally sound)

@Upgradecap, you can always edit your post to remove the second image.
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile

I don't  if you have run into this but without shields, disabled weapons become a real problem (it happens alot). You can take a look at how it was dealt with in for the mod project ironclads.

Or this may just help the balance

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Disabled weapons was something I was a little worried about. My hope is that the extra firepower and overall high mobility can help prevent that. I could also give them all extra ordinance points and the hull mod for weapon durability also, we'll have to see.

While I love the sprites for the smaller ships, the Terra and the Battleborn somewhat bug me. I think the reason is that the shadows at the edge of the parts don't fit with the lack of shadows in the middle of other parts they overlap. In the Battleborn, this would be near the engines in the back. With the Terra, the discontinuity is in the little cargo-ships attached to the side. If you went through and slightly smoothed the colors at the seams, it would over double the quality of the sprites! ;D

Again, the first rule of franken-spriting is that the parts fit seamlessly. (The second rule is that the ships look intelligently designed, and the third rule is that they look structurally sound)
Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what I can do. I'm still developing the skill for franken-spriting, so any tips are massively appreciated ^_^.

Against my dreadnought? pepole tend to do that, but it has a weakness: it has a hole in it's shield where you can swarm it on (send cannon fodder to distract it, use the battleborn to punch a hole in it ;D)
I'll make a video, we'll see how it goes. I'll give both sides some ships. Might make a nice demo for the ships either way :p

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

Good luck punching it, that Odyssey on the pic was great in the battle above, I managed to half his Ihealth.

megal00t

• Commander
    • View Profile

@Upgradecap, you can always edit your post to remove the second image.

the terra is in fact a hiigaran destroyer from the homeworld series. its a render taken from the HODeditor with LOD on 0 so it looks a bit more sprite like... its a whole different artstyle in itself... ;D

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Good luck punching it, that Odyssey on the pic was great in the battle above, I managed to half his Ihealth.
I would have made a video, but half of it consisted of the Battleborn firing into your Terra until it ran out of ammo :p. I can see it dying though, I did do more damage than I was expecting. Scrapper ships just don't handle in drawn out fights, not without huge Fighter support.

the terra is in fact a hiigaran destroyer from the homeworld series. its a render taken from the HODeditor with LOD on 0 so it looks a bit more sprite like... its a whole different artstyle in itself... ;D
My Terra is just a big ship sitting on top of another big ship, colored down, and strapped with some platforms ^_^. Interesting though.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

I see, good work then :D

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile

@megal00t: I was referring to the Terra added by this mod.  ;)
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

Verrius

• Captain
    • View Profile

Hrm, it would seem this mod isn't compatible with the latest version of DeathSG's Minimash. Probably being a super popular mod for obvious reasons, I think I'ma try to get to the bottom of it with mine. Although the fact it edits SectorGen might be the cause, and I'll have no way to take care of that.

megal00t

• Commander
    • View Profile

whoopsie  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13