Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Misc Flux Theory  (Read 5563 times)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Misc Flux Theory
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 02:34:49 PM »

The most interesting solution that I've found, and implemented in Rebal, was to make Hard Flux drain while shields are up commensurate with cap.  So, there's a real point to taking cap there. 

One idea that I'm mulling over for the next public build of Rebal is to make that drain commensurate with the % over base cap, so that small ships can get tuned to take hits and lose Hard Flux, not just big stuff.  Right now, the way it's tuned, there's a real point to pushing for full cap on a few of the bigger ships, which feels like a better dynamic to me, but it's not all that useful for smaller stuff.  I'll have to test that out soon, as I'm trying to get Rebal's next version done-enough for public comment.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 11:14:05 AM »

The most interesting solution that I've found, and implemented in Rebal, was to make Hard Flux drain while shields are up commensurate with cap.  So, there's a real point to taking cap there. 

One idea that I'm mulling over for the next public build of Rebal is to make that drain commensurate with the % over base cap, so that small ships can get tuned to take hits and lose Hard Flux, not just big stuff.  Right now, the way it's tuned, there's a real point to pushing for full cap on a few of the bigger ships, which feels like a better dynamic to me, but it's not all that useful for smaller stuff.  I'll have to test that out soon, as I'm trying to get Rebal's next version done-enough for public comment.

What you could do is make the active venting procedure take a fixed time per ship (modified by skills). Such if you have a higher total capacity you effectively actively vent faster.

Right now the active venting rate is still tied to the number of vents. So if you want to play a pump and dump style(with armor to back you up) you still need to load out all the vents, or you will spend forever in the active venting cycle

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 11:31:08 AM »

Archean Order did something right. Flux feels far more dramatic and I often put capaciters in over vents. There are assault weapons which use no flux, and then support/artillery weapons with flux costs, and strike weapons eith serious flux costs and ammo limits. Missiles are somewhere between the two.

What is notable is that strike weapons use enough flux in comparison that getting capacity for a few more shots is hugely important, and vents just dont give you enough capacity in many cases.

I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire
Pages: 1 [2]