Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [0.95a] SAD: Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors  (Read 244301 times)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] SAD: Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2019, 02:55:14 AM »

So, I have to amend my statement. I completely forgot to come back here, as I was originally waiting to avoid double-posting.

I checked the entire sector, with dev mode, revealing all beacons. Low and Mid existed, but all "High" beacons were SAD. I checked every one. They popped on the notification feed as "High", but when approached, were SAD systems. No Remnant systems spawned in my game.

Sigh, what i have done to my mod for become like that, i will need to check how do correctly Blade breaker system, it seems.

Sorry for these troubles.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2019, 03:01:30 PM »

I think you may be running into both a bit of bad luck and a minor bug in the theme generator code. (Note - I'm assuming you're using something like vanilla's RemnantThemeGenerator class to add the SAD systems, but I can't say for sure because I didn't see any source files packaged with your mod...)

The bad luck comes from an unlucky sector seed that doesn't generate very many systems that can be used by the RemnantThemeGenerator. Looking at the vanilla code, it only tries to add Remnant beacons to systems with either 4+ planets or 1+ habitable planets - and only if those systems have a real primary star (no nebulas, black holes, or neutron stars allowed). Unfortunately, if someone is using mods that add their own theme generators then it's actually possible to "use" up all of the good systems before the Remnants get generated. To avoid this problem you could try reducing the total number of generated SAD systems (I think Soren made a similar change to DME's Blade Breakers a while back). It won't guarantee the Remnants will find enough systems, but it will make it much more likely...

The minor bug I mentioned is only an issue if your code is based on the vanilla RemnantThemeGenerator class. A while back, I reported an issue about it ignoring the CONSTELLATION_SKIP_PROB value (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14882.msg241589#msg241589), so if your code is based on the vanilla version of that class then you might be doing something similar. If that's true, then you may want to try removing the questionable "skipProb = 0f;" line to cause your theme generator to skip the occasional system and allow the Remnants the chance to claim it instead.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2019, 11:38:07 PM »

I think you may be running into both a bit of bad luck and a minor bug in the theme generator code. (Note - I'm assuming you're using something like vanilla's RemnantThemeGenerator class to add the SAD systems, but I can't say for sure because I didn't see any source files packaged with your mod...)

The bad luck comes from an unlucky sector seed that doesn't generate very many systems that can be used by the RemnantThemeGenerator. Looking at the vanilla code, it only tries to add Remnant beacons to systems with either 4+ planets or 1+ habitable planets - and only if those systems have a real primary star (no nebulas, black holes, or neutron stars allowed). Unfortunately, if someone is using mods that add their own theme generators then it's actually possible to "use" up all of the good systems before the Remnants get generated. To avoid this problem you could try reducing the total number of generated SAD systems (I think Soren made a similar change to DME's Blade Breakers a while back). It won't guarantee the Remnants will find enough systems, but it will make it much more likely...

The minor bug I mentioned is only an issue if your code is based on the vanilla RemnantThemeGenerator class. A while back, I reported an issue about it ignoring the CONSTELLATION_SKIP_PROB value (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14882.msg241589#msg241589), so if your code is based on the vanilla version of that class then you might be doing something similar. If that's true, then you may want to try removing the questionable "skipProb = 0f;" line to cause your theme generator to skip the occasional system and allow the Remnants the chance to claim it instead.
https://bitbucket.org/Snrasha/sad/src/master/src/data/
Sorry for the source, but on my version, i do not use CONSTELLATION_SKIP_PROB. But i will need to update my code for check why. Normally, my code generate after Remnant generator, but seems than the order do not seems to be good.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2020, 12:27:30 AM »

Download here
Requires LazyLib,GraphicsLib,MagicLib
No visible conflict with Nexerelin. Version Checker Available, Do not need Shadowyard for work

Version 1.0.1d hotfix:
-Rename the wadjet weapon  CPEC to Light Ionized CPEC
-Reduce damage of the wadjet weapon to 20 from 25
-Remove blueprint drop for every ships except capitals and cruiser (and the station).
-The blueprint drop has be divised per two.
-You can drop now only rare blueprint, not package.

Nerfed greatly the blueprint drop. Do not need a new game.

Gladiator Society

Fire turtle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2020, 01:14:20 AM »

I like this mod, it's very Shadowyard style

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2020, 03:03:49 AM »

I like this mod, it's very Shadowyard style

Thank

Gladiator Society

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2020, 01:54:21 PM »

very cool mod love it

Octavus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2020, 12:37:00 PM »

Hey just wanted to thank you for making a great mod, looking forward to future updates ;)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2020, 03:03:27 PM »

Hey just wanted to thank you for making a great mod, looking forward to future updates ;)

Thank, but i do not think add contents anymore except fix, balance the mod or remove some stuff (more on the next update of Starsector).
Something which can happens is a rework of some ships which need it.

Gladiator Society

Vex2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2020, 04:52:58 PM »

Discovered an interesting interaction between the SAD Motherships/Stations and the Gravitic Anchor hullmod from prv Starworks mod.

The Station is treated like a strike craft and dragged towards the ship with the hullmod. While kind of amusing, having the incredibly powerful station dragged into the middle of your fleet, all guns blazing, gives messy and poor results. Also splats the poor Eagle I had the hullmod on.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2020, 01:24:38 AM »

Discovered an interesting interaction between the SAD Motherships/Stations and the Gravitic Anchor hullmod from prv Starworks mod.

The Station is treated like a strike craft and dragged towards the ship with the hullmod. While kind of amusing, having the incredibly powerful station dragged into the middle of your fleet, all guns blazing, gives messy and poor results. Also splats the poor Eagle I had the hullmod on.

Heh, anything can happens with mods.

Gladiator Society

Vex2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2020, 12:18:07 PM »

Heh, anything can happens with mods.

True that. Was equally amusing, annoying and terrifying. Wondering why on earth the station was moving at 200su into my fleet.
I just dropped the mod off the ship, ended up winning the fight with only a couple of losses after that.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2020, 08:33:52 AM »

Download here
Requires LazyLib,GraphicsLib,MagicLib
No visible conflict with Nexerelin. Version Checker Available, Do not need Shadowyard for work

Version 1.0.1e hotfix:
-Fix a memory leak
-Move bitbucket to github for version checker issue.

Gladiator Society

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2020, 10:34:27 PM »

Any chance of adding an SAD start similar to Blade Breaker Deserters.

It would be fun to play as SADD (Defectors of the Defectors XD)

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2020, 01:48:46 PM »

Any chance of adding an SAD start similar to Blade Breaker Deserters.

It would be fun to play as SADD (Defectors of the Defectors XD)

Sadly, no ah ah.

Gladiator Society

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8