Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: New Ship Art  (Read 79622 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: New Ship Art
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2012, 07:42:23 PM »

It does "work", but it looks a bit weird when you turn the ship. since the light will be on the other side, but im fixing that so it becomes more lit all around. would sure be awesome if starfarer itself had a light source in the game that actually reflects on ships. automatically adding shadows and light on top of your sprite, thus you wouldn't have to work the ships to make that brown carrier look like the green one. but that would probably be a huge job, and i actually like doing it this way :P well.. then comes the coding part and all hell breaks lose...

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2012, 07:50:55 PM »

Well vanilla sprites are lit like the light source is in front of them or above, right?
Slightly in front and above, yup.

IDK how you're going to convert the lighting on something like this and have it look good without basically redrawing it from scratch, though.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2012, 08:01:07 AM »

To answer an older comment, why shouldn't i be able to use it? you are allowed to use mostly anything as long as you aren't making money on their product. ive seen people use mass effect ships, star wars ships, homeworld ships and even people using eve content like me, i fail to see the problem since im not doing anything illegal.  :-\

Back to the reason i made this comment, :D ive noticed that the lotus pirates have a few fleets that start with veteran/elite crew, mostly convoys, is there some way i can do that to a combat fleet?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »

Erick, your Forlorn-class frigate does not have any bounds, projectiles and missiles are hitting its collision radius and ignores its armor.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2012, 02:50:28 PM »

Erick, your Forlorn-class frigate does not have any bounds, projectiles and missiles are hitting its collision radius and ignores its armor.

That got fixed back in version 12.9. The latest is 13.1.

Are you running an older version of the mod?

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »

hmm.. probably :P im using Uomoz Corvus tho.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]