Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: When are you going to finish this game or even release a new patch?  (Read 29542 times)

Kirschbra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: When are you going to finish this game or even release a new patch?
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2018, 10:36:08 AM »

Totally agree! couldn't have said it better my self!!!  Just about everyday I'm checking the web page to see that July above June, just hoping and hoping that when July pops it will be a release!!!  This next one is going to be FANTASTIC!

I want my money back. This is taking WAY too long.

I bought the game back in 2011 for 10$ and since then, in total I spent absolutely ridiculous ammount of time playing it. All the different builds released over the years, crazy ammount of mods for the various builds I tried ... and I had tons of fun playing. Did I expect back in 2011 that it still won't be finished in 2018? Not really. But does that bother me today? Hell no! Compared to many other games I bought over the years and then barely even played, those 10$ I spend on Starfarer (as it was named back then) was the best spent money ever ... and the "bang per buck" value is totally of the charts. The game is being developed, updates are still coming and the improvements and content has so far always been worth the (sometimes pretty long) wait.

Dogthing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2018, 08:11:25 AM »

it's starting to feel like by the time we get 1.0, modern computers will be super advanced techno-organic jelly sacs that a surgeon has to massage into the surface of your brain and to run Starsector we'll have to risk permanent insanity trying to run third party emulation software

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2018, 10:36:25 AM »

I wonder how big mainstream screens will get by then.  If people can get cheap 4K screens or bigger by the time Starsector is officially finished, then combat range will appear awfully short, which ships appearing to kiss each other to fight like classic arcade game Joust.  Game needs more viable long-ranged combat.  With a big enough screen, you cannot target onscreen enemies because they exceed ship's detection radius and are inside fog-of-war.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2018, 11:48:40 AM »

To me, this game's "end" will come only after the modding community will become dry. Even if 0.9 would be the last release (God forbid) and eventually modders would too come to complete their mods, I will still in the future pick this game up and play, as I have been since I found it.

Sadly here patience can make people see the delay of a full (or beta) release as something good or something bad. Although admittedly anyone that is still aboard the ship, must be in one or another way enjoying the ride, even if it is the hope to see it complete. I myself am on the side of people that feel that my money have more than being paid for, thanks to the continues updates of the game and the team that give their time for it, as much as all the modders that selflessly from my perspective have been contributing greatly in how wonderful the game has been at any version I have played it. They for sure have every right to hope for a final release of the game, so they can come to a conclusion that will know will remain viable for users to come.

Personally the previous year I booted up 0.6.5.2, only so I could enjoy some specific mods. To me, older versions (back to 0.5.4.1a at least) just register in my mind as a different game mode, simpler and/or easier.

As a final thought you, when I saw 0.9a patch notes up in the news, first thing that passed through my mind was "so close". That to me translated as Starsector is soon to be a final step away, from what Alex always wanted it to be, as a base game at least. I bought the game fully prepared that it might never reach a complete 1.0 release (thanks to my experience with Steam), but here I am now thinking I am definitely getting the complete Starsector.

Bless Alex, the people that help him and all the modders, along with the whole community that helps in their way.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:57:29 AM by Weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2018, 12:12:19 PM »

To me, this game's "end" will come only after the modding community will become dry. Even if 0.9 would be the last release (God forbid) and eventually modders would too come to complete their mods, I will still in the future pick this game up and play, as I have been since I found it.

Sadly here patience can make people see the delay of a full (or beta) release as something good or something bad. Although admittedly anyone that is still aboard the ship, must be in one or another way enjoying the ride, even if it is the hope to see it complete. I myself am on the side of people that feel that my money have more than being paid for, thanks to the continues updates of the game and the team that give their time for it, as much as all the modders that selflessly from my perspective have been contributing greatly in how wonderful the game has been at any version I have played it. They for sure have every right to hope for a final release of the game, so they can come to a conclusion that will know will remain viable for users to come.

Personally the previous year I booted up 0.6.5.2, only so I could enjoy some specific mods. To me, older versions (back to 0.5.4.1a at least) just register in my mind as a different game mode, simpler and/or easier.

As a final thought you, when I saw 0.9a patch notes up in the news, first thing that passed through my mind was "so close". That to me translated as Starsector is soon to be a final step away, from what Alex always wanted it to be, as a base game at least. I bought the game fully prepared that it might never reach a complete 1.0 release (thanks to my experience with Steam), but here I am now thinking I am definitely getting the complete Starsector.

Bless Alex, the people that help him and all the modders, along with the whole community that helps in their way.

Yeah, the Starsector Expanded Universe is incredibly enjoyable.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2018, 05:02:08 AM »

If not we then our children will see the full version.

Kirschbra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2018, 09:49:32 AM »

I think we can all agree, I have more faith that this will be finished long before bannerlord, lolol

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2018, 02:55:23 PM »

Bannerlord team has it tougher though, as they have reached to a point that the money they have gained through the original M&B, will "soon" get depleted. I do not act like I understand how their financial works, as much as I just remember reading a thread and a lot of people talking about it. They have to finish it within the upcoming years, be it they sell it complete or in alpha stage. They do not seem have much choice.
Ignorance is bliss..

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2018, 01:48:33 AM »

Bannerlord crew was arrested for their guelinst sympathy and now Talesworld is manned by Edrogan crooks.
Its vaporware now.

Shrugger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2018, 02:19:53 AM »

IMHO Bannerlord was too big in Scope. They could've made Warband in a new engine, or just made incremental improvements to Warband...but right now they seem to be doing too much at once.

Kirschbra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2018, 09:45:24 AM »

Thread successfully derailed!

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2018, 10:34:07 AM »

I'm honestly shocked that the v1.0 stamp wasn't put on the game years ago, and everything we are getting now would be paid expansions. The game has had a complete gameplay loop for a few years now.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2018, 12:19:09 PM »

I'm honestly shocked that the v1.0 stamp wasn't put on the game years ago, and everything we are getting now would be paid expansions. The game has had a complete gameplay loop for a few years now.
But where are the outposts> Did it have outposts?

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2018, 01:33:04 PM »

My point being that the game could have been released as a v1.0, and most would have been satisfied with the price and wouldn't have batted an eye. My point being that people who feel that they are entitled to harass someone who has been pouring his heart and soul in to a game for what others in his same place would have charged significantly more for is asinine, and I really hate seeing it.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2018, 07:50:49 AM »

The main thing the game needs to be finished is a final win or lose condition that ends the game, or at least flags your character as a *WINNER* (like in Angband).  We do not have that yet.

Aside from that, the early game needs to be easier.  It is brutal.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]