Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: When salvaging, give tooltips to the "lasting damage" negative hull mods.  (Read 2531 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile

When you're salvaging ships, there's no way of finding out what the affects of the negative hull mods are until you've actually committed to salvaging the ship.
Not such an issue for experienced players, but definitely an unnecessary additional barrier for new players.

There's also no way of getting into the codex from within the salvage operation UI.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:31:17 AM by TJJ »

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Very true. It can sometimes get confusing with those "hull damage" and "structure damage" thingy.

Well you got a web browser and a nicely maintained wikia ... (unless mod is adding new kinds of d-mods)

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile

Not only do I fully support the proposal, but I've been annoyed for a while that it's not already in the game. The need is certainly there.

There's also no way of getting into the codex from within the salvage operation UI.

An important oversight; triply so for the impact upon inexperienced players.
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile

Dunno if its right place to talk about but I want to talk about Salvage gantry.
#Increases the resources gained from salvaging derelicts, floating hulks, and other such by 10/25/30/40 percent, depending on hull size, up to a fleetwide maximum equal to the salvage difficulty rating.
I know that vanilla didn't use bigger salvage ships than destroyer  but it very weak for bigger modded salvage ships to have so low bonus.
30 for cruiser and 40 for capital vs 25 on destroyer.
I  know that they usually offer some other benefit or can defend themselves but still why even bother with them as they cost a lot much more and are barely more effective?
It could go 10/25/50/100. So having capital salvage cover all your needs(and why it shouldn't?).
Any thoughts about it?