Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.96a] LowTech Armada  (Read 289515 times)

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] LowTech Armada
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2020, 02:10:46 PM »

The new station with unique music is cool and all but according to the Nexerelin thread hyperspace stations cause massive slowdowns.
I suggest doing what Nexerelin did to Prism Freeport.

Also, you forgot to include the JAR file.

For now, there is no Jar file. I prefer not to package just yet as so little of the mod requires javascript. You should find it works just fine without.

Neither me nor the people who beta tested the mod in regular campaigns with mods enabled had any issues with slowdown due to the new secret station. We each have computers with different specs, and run the mod with many others enabled, if you're experiencing slowdown due to the mod please let me know, though I understand Histidine left it open for players to put the Prism Freeport station back in hyperspace if they prefered that stylistic choice, so I would personally infer that the slowdown is not much more severe that just a regular station. There are only 3 of us testing though, so I'm waiting for more user feedback on that front.

I'll keep an eye out for it  :), thank you so much for your feedback.

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2020, 04:33:22 PM »

Sorry to trouble you again :'(, is the download link the latest patch? It seems that the modules of EpattcudX can still have TSC Converted hangar/Makeshift Shield(and then omni shield generator) installed.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »

Sorry to trouble you again :'(, is the download link the latest patch? It seems that the modules of EpattcudX can still have TSC Converted hangar/Makeshift Shield(and then omni shield generator) installed.

Really? I'll take a look, I've been using magic to make hullmods incompatible.

italose

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2020, 01:59:35 PM »

? any solution ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2020, 06:20:54 AM »

TSC's Converted Hangar is now fixed to not be compatible on the ship, but I will need to test the shield hullmods.

NaitNait

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2020, 03:37:58 PM »

Noticed the Tech Duinn station has a huge performance impact when it gets drawn. The letters of the station are visible on the map and easily found if that is unintended :P

diegoone96

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2020, 04:05:30 PM »

First of all, a big fan of your mod, especially with the secret Tech Duinn station.
I do want to report that when Tech Duinn is captured and the Hegemony targets it for an AI inspection, the game crashes. I recall this had happened with the Free Prism port and was fixed but I am not sure how. Here is the link I found with the same data error (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15497.0).

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2020, 08:19:22 AM »

Hi Yui, some short feedback:

EpattcudVI performed quite well in the battle with its 1000 flux dissipation, 1750 armor, 3 forward large ballistic weapons and 2 hangars, for only 35 DP. That seems not very 'Scrapship' ;).

The turn rate and turn acceleration of EpattcudX is 1;0.5. That's...horrible. With player's skill and all possible hullmods, I still spend most of my time on turning the ship, to try to aim the enemy for TPC and Burndrive. I really love this ship but I can hardly say that it was a pleasant combat experience. (Compared with SWP Cathedral 3;3, HMI Locomotive 3;3, Scalartech Gown 5;5). Or on the other hand, maybe just extend its PPT, since it has 100 DP.

Thanks and keep your good work!

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2020, 03:38:02 PM »

The Epattcud VI has now been changed so that rather than its tiny capacity being a problem, it instead has a lot less dissipation -150-250 as of the next patch to come out, thank you for the feedback.

Did you see any other ships that bothered you perchance?

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2020, 10:52:03 AM »

You are back! I'm glad to share my personal views.
1. With similar weapon equipment and both 22 DP, the Mason has much better flux dissipation, shield, armor and assault ability than Epattcud2. I think the Mason deserves a slightly higher DP.
2. The flux dissipation of the Defender is only 200, almost frigate level. Compared with the Scourer, both 20 DP, same shipsystem and similar weapon equipment, the Defender may need to be strengthened.
3. The Epattcud8——the Heron with a firepower of the Dominator, is almost a downsized version of the Legion-class. In simulated battle it can easily defeat the Aurora if equipped with bombers. I'm not sure if this ship is balanced enough.
4. And then! The EpattcudX! Love it! Please don't forget to do something with its turn rate!
Thanks!

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2020, 11:57:38 AM »

Heya

I've had a look and decided to buff the Mason's DP to 25 after comparing statistics.

The Defender flux has been normalised (All of these are for the next update).

The EpattcudVIII has been given the intended manuverability issues and now functions as intended rather than being nigh impossible to flank with frigates and destroyers. It has a potent frontal weapons array, but when pressured by most kinetics or high-impact weapons arrays on similar ships it crumples.

I ended up deciding to keep the EpattcudX at its 1.5 max turn rate,   0.75turn acceleration it inherited as part of this round of fixes, as this enables it to function competently while still posing a massive risk to itself if it overextends or is flanked by large ships.

epsilonflash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2021, 10:01:20 PM »

"Collosn't" on that latest update got a hearty laugh out of me. Also taking this opportunity to say thanks for your continued work on this mod, the huge variety of ships with all their distinct strengths and purposes has really helped to increase the overall enjoyment of all my playthroughs so far. They really manage to fill in a lot of holes in this game's overall power progression; a lot of them are amazing in their own right, and many others are strong yet affordable stepping-stones that help people build up their preferred style of fleet on a budget, while looking for those late-game heavy hitters.

Looking forward to seeing what these new additions have to offer

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2021, 05:02:06 AM »

Nice to see this mod updated. Fyi, your MEGA d/l link on discord requires a decryption key. I was able to d/l it on the main page here though.

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2021, 08:29:45 AM »

These ships look like ***. I love it and want more of them :D
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

jyjakafe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2021, 01:58:12 AM »

is talon duo wing supposed to show up in markets next to regular talon?

they seem the same cost except talon duo wing contains less fighters.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10