Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Daggers do not fire at extremely low health targets  (Read 929 times)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Daggers do not fire at extremely low health targets
« on: April 11, 2018, 08:32:47 PM »

Apologies if this has been found as resolved. In my current playthrough (only mod is Nexerelin), I have several times run into the situation where Daggers refuse to fire at near death targets.

I am piloting a Drover with a Broadsword and  Dagger - even when I have a target selected and have toggled the fighter to engage, the Daggers will just hover around the target ship getting picked off. I have checked, and they are not overloaded.The broadswords are happy to fire.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Daggers do not fire at extremely low health targets
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:27:15 AM »

Thanks for the report! Reproduced and fixed.

(What was going on is the Daggers were "saving" their torpedoes, not wanting to risk wasting them on overkill. There was a low-ish chance for them to fire, i.e. if you had 3 full wings of them, you'd most likely see them fire off 1-2 torpedoes total. This logic makes sense for ships, but wasn't meant to apply to fighters.)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Daggers do not fire at extremely low health targets
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 04:44:07 PM »

Cool!

(Makes sense, and since I usually have more than one carrier, I wouldn't have noticed it.)