Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Weirdness with multi-module ships.  (Read 1650 times)

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Weirdness with multi-module ships.
« on: March 30, 2018, 04:48:37 AM »

I was partway through a playthrough with SCY and have encountered some weird behaviour with my Corocotta (armoured):

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8010.msg224177#msg224177

Tartiflette said that his work was just a simple implementation of the vanilla system and I should report them to Alex so here I am (somewhat delayed due to Stellaris on humble). There were two main problems I encountered:

• Shields on the parent ship did not protect armour modules from AOE damage, flash bombers and ships exploding both destroyed armour modules despite raised shields.
  • Destroyed armour modules inflicted crew casualties despite the fact that as far as I can find armour modules are unmanned (ten crew casualties per piece),
    - I noticed my Corocotta took damage after combat when it had lost armour modules but not taken damage itself which I assume is how I pay to repair armour but may be related to unexpected crew losses.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Weirdness with multi-module ships.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 07:31:52 AM »

Thank you for letting me know! First one should be fixed, made a note to take a look at the second. Is it possible that you did in fact take some hull damage? When an armor module blows up, it does deal a bit of damage to the surrounding modules.

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 11:13:27 AM »

I no longer have SCY installed now so can't double check right now. I am, however, fairly sure that I remember ending a fight with three armour pieces lost but no actual hull damage and loosing thirty crew.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 11:17:42 AM »

Ahh, this rings a bell. I think this may be a "working as intended" situation (with, as you surmised, module destruction reflecting on core hull), but I'll still take a look at some point.