Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: A story of betrayal and loss  (Read 2372 times)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
A story of betrayal and loss
« on: March 30, 2018, 01:39:44 AM »

So I decided to play some (modded) Starsector as a pirate aligned independent. While I was having much fun raiding the independent and Coalition supply lines, I finally decided to capture a small independent base to act as my own personal staging point for taking over the universe. Due to my friendliness with the pirates and constant raiding of most major factions, I soon found myself aligned with the Diable Avionics corporation, an alliance I did my best to strengthen, even throwing my own fledgling fleet on the line to fight off invasion fleets destined for Diable worlds. After numerous holdups of scavenger and trade fleets, a certain Diable Avionics fleet took offense to me raiding Coalition supply lines, despite the lack of an alliance between the factions. My allies attacked me. As I was unable to flee the battle, I was forced to destroy the Diable fleet.

Apparently the Diable Avionics corporation took offense to the fact that my alliance with them and hostilities towards the Coalition had caused an interstellar war between the two factions. Now Diable avionics had gone to war not only with the Coalition, but myself as well in an act of spite for me being the spark that started the war. Note I said me, and not my faction. I soon fled from the Diable armada back to my own space station to prepare for an onslaught.

"The player's followers are hostile to you."

What the ***?

My own faction had allied itself with Diable Avionics in their war against both the Coalition and myself. My own faction's fleets either attempt to flee from or attack me and register as hostile.

I am now fighting a war against the Coalition, Diable Avionics, and my own faction, lacking access to my stash of weapons, supplies, crew and ships at my faction's base.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: A story of betrayal and loss
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 01:49:01 AM »

Followers faction is weird. Though seems more like bug report for modded section.

Also attacking Independents is never a good idea - they are the only faction (beside one player belongs too... Well, not in your case) that is guaranteed to stay friendly.

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 03:51:43 AM »

I have successfully gone to war with literally the entire star sector, my own former fleets included :P

Yeahhh, maybe attacking independents wasn't my greatest idea, but hey, I'm a pirate, pirates gotta pirate :D

Come on lieutenant, it's us against them, them being everyone who isn't us. Let's take em on together, you and me, and whatever ships and crew haven't turned on us yet! Insane? What do you mean insane? It's just all out, all way interstellar warfare, what could possibly go wrong?
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 02:12:46 PM »

I wouldn't be brave enough to pick a fight with the independents seeing as they have the biggest fleet in the sector.

Quality be damned they have an unending tide of salvage fleets roaming around everyone's planets and it's always scary when one turns pirate and murders the local defence patrols.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 11:35:16 PM »

Sounds like your Nexe is out of date. What is version checker saying?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too