Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where can I find vanilla ship and weapon data in Starsector files?  (Read 2559 times)

Philder

• Commander
    • View Profile

I'm looking to analyze, compare and contrast both vanilla and mod ships and weapons, but I'm not sure where I can find vanilla data among the Starsector files.

Why don't I use the info from the wiki or patch notes? Because gathering it all into neat ordered spreadsheets is pointlessly arduous by comparison, the wiki isn't always correct and is missing details, and I'm crossing my fingers that the vanilla data is in a similar format as the mod .csv files so I can just copy/paste it right into my sheets that already have formulas and everything set up.

Thanks!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I find vanilla ship and weapon data in Starsector files?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »

data/hulls/ship_data.csv
data/weapons/weapon_data.csv

Have fun :)

Philder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 05:14:00 PM »

What was I on when I first looked?!? No idea how I missed that T_T

Thank you! Will do!

I'm playing with different ways to evaluate balance. Sadly my stats skills are really rusty so I'm just kind of making things up as I go along. ATM I'm experimenting with making a weighted ranking across all data types and funneling them all into subsets to try to find a way to weigh and bring them all into a single universal score.....but your wonderful (not sarcasm lol) system has several different methods of valuation, which delightfully (not sarcasm either) complicates matters!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 06:03:41 PM »

:D

Yeah, it's probably going to be tough to reduce it to a single score, since so much stuff is situational. But it could be fun and provide some insights nonetheless.