Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Tutorial mission  (Read 822 times)

TheDTYP

• Commander
    • View Profile
Tutorial mission
« on: March 09, 2018, 07:27:01 AM »

I think we absolutely, 100% need more quest lines like the one we got in the tutorial, with a sequence characters, different objectives, and dialogue. Is the current system of missions we have in the main game the only one we're going to get? Because I feel that would be a huge missed opportunity. It would be a good way to tell the story of the sector aside from just text on planets and item descriptions.
Do you think we'll get anything like that for the next release, or is that a 1.0 issue?

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial mission
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 09:27:29 AM »

I think we absolutely, 100% need more quest lines like the one we got in the tutorial, with a sequence characters, different objectives, and dialogue. Is the current system of missions we have in the main game the only one we're going to get? Because I feel that would be a huge missed opportunity. It would be a good way to tell the story of the sector aside from just text on planets and item descriptions.
Do you think we'll get anything like that for the next release, or is that a 1.0 issue?

Not sure about story but right now the focus is on the underlying game system. Story would have to be the roof laid on the structure.