Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Acquiring duplicate contextually "unique" quest items via scavenging  (Read 430 times)

Malkrie

• Ensign
    • View Profile

This is technically not a bug, but it is likely unintended. Note: I have not gotten far into the game as of yet (just bought it a few hours ago), so I cannot say whether or not this applies to other similar quests in the game.

During the scavenger start, at the part where you are tasked to grab a single gamma AI, I was prompted to scavenge the wreckage a second time. I obtained two gamma AI cores when I assume, given the context, there should only be one. The extra core was promptly sold on the black market to a reputable local merchant.

The fact that you can gain two of a quest item in the context of there being only one is certainly strange. It is hardly a big problem but I figured I may as well post it since it doesn't seem intended.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 04:21:15 PM by Malkrie »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Acquiring duplicate contextually "unique" quest items via scavenging
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 04:26:57 PM »

Hi - thanks for the report, and welcome to the forum!

The gamma core is not actually a quest item; it's a regular item that has other uses - which include, but are not limited to, this quest. So, you just got lucky :)

Malkrie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 06:10:29 PM »

Thank you for the welcome.

By quest item, I was meaning that the quest revolves around it and there is only supposed to be one of that item involved in the quest. I know that the item itself is hardly unique. I just don't think there should be two, given the context. Regardless, it is what it is. Thank you for the fast reply though!

Terethall

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 08:10:46 PM »

I got two my first time playing as well. I actually figured it was intentional, to teach the player that they aren't unique, and to encourage exploring what else you could do with the extra one.