Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Scavenger fleets won't stop attacking  (Read 2853 times)

intradastingly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Scavenger fleets won't stop attacking
« on: February 07, 2018, 04:10:06 PM »

I attacked a smuggler at one point because I was bored.

Now there are endless waves of scavenger fleets attacking. In one instance I lost my entire fleet and re-spawned, only to be immediately attacked again.
To add to the problem whenever I try to escape the system my allies attack me because my transponder is off.

Great game btw, I love it! :D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Scavenger fleets won't stop attacking
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 04:18:20 PM »

I'm... actually not quite sure what you mean. Is this vanilla or with mods? When you respawn, IIRC the game clears the immediate area around your fleet, and I can't think of why/how there would be waves of scavenger fleets being spawned at any particular location.

Happy you're enjoying the game, though :)

intradastingly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 04:25:37 PM »

Vanilla version.
It seems like they fly in from somewhere around system, it doesn't take long for them to show up.
Them showing up isn't so strange it's just that they hate me so much. They won't leave my fleet alone. Even if I am close to an allied dock with allied fleets around, they don't let up.

Still relatively early in the game for me. Just lvl 27 on my first play through. 

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »

Hmm - it sounds like the "independents" faction is now hostile to you - smugglers fly an independent flag most of the time, except for when they approach pirate bases, so attacking them then will make independents hostile.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 07:37:23 PM »

Alex, i though Scavenger fleet fly on no flag? They will flip into pirate if they are near you and see that you are weaker than them. Smuggler on the other hand, under independent faction. If you attack them with transponder on or they know who you are even it is off, the independent will become hostile to you.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 07:53:57 PM »

Attacking scavengers won't make you hostile with independents, but if you're already hostile with independents, *they* will attack you.