Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Starsector doesn't play nicely with a software mouse (f.lux)  (Read 1584 times)

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
Starsector doesn't play nicely with a software mouse (f.lux)
« on: February 17, 2018, 03:12:53 AM »

So, I have f.lux in order to lessen strain on my eyes when it's dark. (it reduces blue light from the screen)

Normal, the mouse cursor stands out like crazy (it is normal white even when screen is adjusted thanks to f.lux)

and Starsector seems to work fine normally, but if I turn software mouse on (f.lux reduces blue on the cursor as well) the cursor is gone in starsector, i can still use it, and it highlights menu items like normal, but the cursor is nowhere to be seen.

I don't know if this is a shortcoming of Java, or if there's something about Starsector as other games work fine (though non run on Java as starsector)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector doesn't play nicely with a software mouse (f.lux)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 03:55:27 AM »

This looks to be an issue with f.lux, not SS, Java, LWJGL, or display drivers.
Have a read of their forums, lots of reports of this problem affecting a wide range of different full screen applications.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector doesn't play nicely with a software mouse (f.lux)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 04:09:45 AM »

ok, well nevermind then :)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer