Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Show cargo space along with fuel in the UI  (Read 3109 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Show cargo space along with fuel in the UI
« on: February 03, 2018, 04:16:53 PM »

Just a minor one - with the new focus in 0.8.1a on salvage, and thus the amount of cargo space you have is paramount, could we have the cargo meter show up alongside the fuel meter in the UI while in the campaign layer? I think it'd be more useful to at a glance know how much cargo space you have while in the campaign layer, rather than bringing up the cargo screen to bring the meter up to see how much space you have.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
Re: Show cargo space along with fuel in the UI
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 07:23:27 PM »

Yeah, that'd be quite useful in the area of convenience, no doubt about that. Didn't notice it myself though because I'm used to pressing a key to bring up inventory screen since old-school ye olde RPG games.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 07:25:01 PM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 11:56:01 AM »

I do not think this is usefull because cargo space is useless on the UI compared to the fuel and supply.
Because you need just to hit the "I" inventory shortcut for know your cargo space is also the reason why i do not see that usefull to put.

If this is not always 100% usefull like the fuel or the supply, so this is not important to put on the primary UI.
The rare case where i see that good to have, this is after defeated a huge fleet and have your cargo space fill, where you wait than supply is consumed for put the rest of the loot on your cargo space. But here, this is just when you begin the game, else, on the end-game, you put on a trashcan, the useless stuff.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »

i agree with Snrasha, i only very rarely need to know my cargo space while not in the inventory screen. if i do, i just open and close fleet panel with "F", since that's a tiny bit quicker than "I". ^^

i don't do much trading though, so maybe this is something specific to that playstyle?

andre2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 03:48:32 PM »

I would like this feature also.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 05:54:15 PM »

i don't do much trading though, so maybe this is something specific to that playstyle?

I guess a tad faster way to tell the player how much amounts of cargo they have but then again when one has too much cargo the supplies go down and off the wazoo fast and one can see the supply usage go red right there in the UI alarming one to check the inventory to see what to ditch.

I myself are far from a trader type too. I tend to hoard loot while steamrolling hostile fleets and sell most of the loot I don't need in a random market later on
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 06:29:32 PM »

Agreed, would love this

dor99alon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2024, 03:42:59 AM »

I would love to see this as well.
Anyone know if there is a mod that implements it?
I find myself pressing "I" every fight and every salvage just to see if I'm approaching the capacity or not.