Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Perilous Expanse 1.4.0 - Dangerous and Dynamic Exploration  (Read 16594 times)

Matheld

• Lieutenant
  • Warm to the Touch
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Perilous Expanse 1.4.0 - Dangerous and Dynamic Exploration
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2024, 09:36:29 AM »

@Matheld: Thanks once again for the feedback! I think you've got some good ideas. -snip-

I am cursed with plenty of ideas I want to put to use.. but lacking the actual skills to put those ideas to proper use. So I'm happy to hear you like the ideas I throw around :D

I imagine it'd be like the option that already exist. Of being able to pull the input from the colony storage and put the output into the colony storage. But an option to automate it with the option to pull from colony resource storage? (provided it's profitable to do that..) Since unless you play with like.. RAT, or IndEvo. You probably won't have regular refilling pools of resources. Be that through the RAT Settlements (of which you can only have 1), or the IndEvo Courier services or the commodity forge/VLC fabricator.

Or even just remove some operations as you develop your colony. Since building a mining industry would probably go ontop of the ore deposits that exist via the planetary operations
I did consider doing something like that, -snip-

That is a fair reasoning! Automating the process would pretty much solve the "issue" (if we can call it that);
Otherwise I could imagine there also being yet another option to like.. Flag it for Industrialisation (provided you actually build the needed industry) and make it clear that this WILL remove the resource from the list.
Such as like when you use your ships engines to melt ice to get to supplies. Or use your ships lasers to carve up ship wrecks. Or attack slavers to free crew. Which all permanently remove the resource from being used again.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Perilous Expanse 1.4.0 - Dangerous and Dynamic Exploration
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2024, 06:27:58 PM »

I am cursed with plenty of ideas I want to put to use.. but lacking the actual skills to put those ideas to proper use.
Oh, I hear that. I don't think there are many people who are both creatively inclined and satisfied with the skills they already have.

I imagine it'd be like the option that already exist. Of being able to pull the input from the colony storage and put the output into the colony storage. But an option to automate it with the option to pull from colony resource storage?
Yep. That's pretty much what I have in mind. Hopefully it works out!  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]