Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632431 times)

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Mulligan Ed., 0.2.2b)
« Reply #195 on: December 01, 2019, 05:54:25 AM »

The Mulligan lacks the usual debuff hullmod "Delicate Machinery" all phase ships have. (Not like it needs it though)

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 01, 2019, 08:31:52 AM »

There is one or two phase ships without delicate machinery but i am not 100% sure about that.

Captain Trek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 01, 2019, 08:55:13 AM »

The Gremlin and Nessie have it, so it would make sense for the Mulligan to also have it. I think the bigger issue, however, is that the Mulligan's DP cost should probably be a bit higher purely on the strength of the phase cloak, in the same way that the Gremlin and Nessie are 6 and 24, higher than most frigates and cruisers respectively (though lower than the Afflictor and Doom's 8 and 35) despite being certified garbage. Given that prv's Fasklot is 13 and prav refuses to increase it, you could probably get away with 12. 12 would make it more-expensive-than-most-but-not-all-destroyers in the same way the Nessie is more-expensive-than-most-but-not-all-cruisers. Also, 6 for the FF Gremlin, 12 for the DD Germlin, and 24 for the CA Gremlin just feels kinda poetic.

EDIT: This technically counts as a synergy with Tahlan for the purposes of my upcoming mod guide, by the way. :V
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:07:24 AM by Captain Trek »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2019, 01:02:32 AM »

A very minor update, taking into account Captain Trek's feedback above, along with several issues with descriptions noted on the discord.

-Tweak the Mulligan to have 12 DP and be worth said 12 DP, have delicate machinery, and have a description.
-Fixed several descriptions not working.

Savegame compatible with previous version.

DOWNLOAD HERE.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Mulligan V2 Ed., 0.2.2b)
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2019, 06:07:54 AM »

Some questions
The Herakles visually has a small slot on its rear end, however there is no entry for it. The Paragon has one on the same spot so likely an oversight?
Spoiler
The remnant mess (and domres) fighters don't have descriptions nor a HIDE_IN_CODEX tag like the other mess stuff and shown in the codex. It's been like this for several versions so is it meant to be like this?
The Caballo Loco (Fang) ship doesn't have Safety overrides and ECM Package hullmods despite its description stating "usual Fang Society modifications". All other fang ships have them so aren't they part of the usual modifications they do to their ships?
[close]

Some suggestions I came up while playing with HMI ships and fiddling around with files to test them out
Remove the "COMBAT" hints from the Scintilla (Scav), Berserker (Scav) and Rampart (Scav) so they will stop driving themselves into the frontlines. The Scintilla is too fragile ,the Rampart and Berserker do not have the flux stats nor the mobility to be a front line ship. This also lets them use their ship systems freely because the AI stops using them after building enough flux which happens alot if they're getting hit with hard flux.

Remove every hint except HIDE_IN_CODEX from the Brilliant (Scav), It only has 1 fighter wing and the Brilliant that it is based on doesn't have the CARRIER hint. It will use it's fighters fine without them and makes it easier to assign an eliminate order to it.(Maybe do the same to the Scarecrow too.)

The ship system Rapid repair isn't utilized by the AI effectively and just kinda spams it near any enemy even if it has no disabled weapons or engines. This makes it kinda useless especially on the shotglass because it mostly dies before any weapons or engines break. So I have 3 ideas for this:
idea 1. Remove Rapid repair and replace them with common systems like flare launchers, burn drives, ammo feeder and maneuvering jets. Give the junker hullmod a repair speed boost effect.
idea 2. Give it custom ship system AI which sounds difficult
idea 3. Make skin files of them which have different ship systems. Should nicely fit in with the fact that they're made out of bits and pieces from different ships.
I did idea 3 to my game and while having issues like duplicate shotglass and greasy ships in the custom production tab, now most junker ships are AI-friendly. Maybe there is a more elegant way of implementing this but it works.

All ships with a decimal point in their supplies/rec entry should have them rounded up or down. For example the Warden (Scav) has 1.75 as its recovery cost. However the game rounds it up to 2 and deploying 4 Wardens will show Recovery cost as 8. For deployment points, 1.75 is rounded down to 1 making this a little confusing. Unless this is intended, round them up or down.

Add more OP to Brilliant (Scav) and maybe Lumen (Scav). Reasons for the Brilliant is because it simply has more/larger mounts to fill than the original Brilliant. As for the Lumen, because how DP is rounded down the Glimmer is 3 DP too and has 50 OP, omni shields and mostly better other stats so the Lumen should have 50 OP too.
Brilliant could use 10 or even 20 more OP . Add 10 OP to the Lumen and maybe give its omni shield back.

Give the Fulgent (Scav) more mobility. Compared to the original it mostly has worse everything except max flux while gaining only 10 OP. If it lost armor and hull, etc, it should lose some mass as well. So why not make it faster than the original instead of slower? Make the 75 top speed into 95 top speed and maybe give it better maneuverability as well.(Also why is it 12DP compared to the 11 of the original)

EDIT:Forgot to add that the Mark IV Cannon has too much sustained DPS for a 16 OP weapon and outclasses the Mark IX Autocannon.

Add the Radiant (Scav).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 08:30:49 AM by mora »

bopeepatehersheep

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2019, 02:34:00 AM »

is it intentional that the Herakles doesn't have the Junker hullmod?

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2019, 03:23:11 AM »

is it intentional that the Herakles doesn't have the Junker hullmod?
It's listed as HMI Modification tech so probably yes. The Fishkill is properly labeled a Junker (HMI) ship.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2019, 08:09:49 PM »

The Herakles visually has a small slot on its rear end, however there is no entry for it. The Paragon has one on the same spot so likely an oversight?
Spoiler
The remnant mess (and domres) fighters don't have descriptions nor a HIDE_IN_CODEX tag like the other mess stuff and shown in the codex. It's been like this for several versions so is it meant to be like this?
The Caballo Loco (Fang) ship doesn't have Safety overrides and ECM Package hullmods despite its description stating "usual Fang Society modifications". All other fang ships have them so aren't they part of the usual modifications they do to their ships?
[close]

Some suggestions I came up while playing with HMI ships and fiddling around with files to test them out
Remove the "COMBAT" hints from the Scintilla (Scav), Berserker (Scav) and Rampart (Scav) so they will stop driving themselves into the frontlines. The Scintilla is too fragile ,the Rampart and Berserker do not have the flux stats nor the mobility to be a front line ship. This also lets them use their ship systems freely because the AI stops using them after building enough flux which happens alot if they're getting hit with hard flux.

All ships with a decimal point in their supplies/rec entry should have them rounded up or down. For example the Warden (Scav) has 1.75 as its recovery cost. However the game rounds it up to 2 and deploying 4 Wardens will show Recovery cost as 8. For deployment points, 1.75 is rounded down to 1 making this a little confusing. Unless this is intended, round them up or down.

These issues have been fixed with this update, thanks for the catches!

The ship system Rapid repair isn't utilized by the AI effectively and just kinda spams it near any enemy even if it has no disabled weapons or engines. This makes it kinda useless especially on the shotglass because it mostly dies before any weapons or engines break...

That's kind of a problem and I'm looking into it at the moment. I might try option 1 at some point, but for now it works for the larger hulls. For the shotglass, I'm changing the ship system to flare launcher as a stop gap.

Add more OP to Brilliant (Scav) and maybe Lumen (Scav). Reasons for the Brilliant is because it simply has more/larger mounts to fill than the original Brilliant. As for the Lumen, because how DP is rounded down the Glimmer is 3 DP too and has 50 OP, omni shields and mostly better other stats so the Lumen should have 50 OP too.
Brilliant could use 10 or even 20 more OP . Add 10 OP to the Lumen and maybe give its omni shield back.

Give the Fulgent (Scav) more mobility. Compared to the original it mostly has worse everything except max flux while gaining only 10 OP. If it lost armor and hull, etc, it should lose some mass as well. So why not make it faster than the original instead of slower? Make the 75 top speed into 95 top speed and maybe give it better maneuverability as well.(Also why is it 12DP compared to the 11 of the original)

These were deliberate, as these ships are supposed to be worse than their vanilla analogues. However, I have tweaked the Fulgent to be quicker, and the Lumen to be a bit better flux wise.

EDIT:Forgot to add that the Mark IV Cannon has too much sustained DPS for a 16 OP weapon and outclasses the Mark IX Autocannon.

Fixed.

Add the Radiant (Scav).

Later.

Further, due to the tournament, I've decided to hit HMI with the nerf bat.

-Herakles has lower dissipation, lower shield efficency, and a 60 DP cost.
-Berserkers now have a 14 DP cost.
-Brilliant now have a 28 DP cost.

LINK HERE

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tournament Nerf Ed., 0.2.2d)
« Reply #203 on: December 27, 2019, 04:36:55 PM »

You have three different Mbke rocket launchers. And Every. Single. One. Deals different amounts of damage per projectile. This frustrates me in ways that words cannot properly explain.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2020, 06:09:45 AM »

Further, due to the tournament, I've decided to hit HMI with the nerf bat.

-Herakles has lower dissipation, lower shield efficency, and a 60 DP cost.
-Berserkers now have a 14 DP cost.
-Brilliant now have a 28 DP cost.
The two first nerfs are good, however with the Brilliant I think taking away missile capable slots are a better way to nerf it since that is what made them powerful in the tournament. Nerfing DP and maintenance costs won't really solve the problem IMO and will just make the ship needlessly worse in normal gameplay.
Maybe turn the two missile hardpoints in the upper right (WS0005 and WS0006) to hybrid (or ballistic/energy only to better suit the theme of worse remnant ships)much like the original?

(Don't mind the wider arc on the small ballistic on the rear right, although I would like it to be official.)

Anyway, I have some suggestions/questions like before
Why is the Rampart (Scav) designated as "Carrier Freighter" when all it has is 50 more cargo over the Berserker (Scav)? Perhaps the Berserker has too much? I'd just remove the Freighter designation from it.

Since the Scintilla (Scav) is no longer a "Battlecarrier" (no COMBAT hint) maybe give it back its original "Light Carrier" designation.

I think the Scarecrow can have the same treatment as Brilliant regarding its hints. It only has one fighter bay so it should be treated as a warship.

A few ships still have decimal points in their supplies/rec entry which are the Shepherd variants, and the prototype Tempests. If you want their maintenance cost to be exactly what they are right now, you can leave the maintenance cost alone since maintenance cost already uses decimal points.

The Suzuki-Clapteryon Thermal Projector kinda sucks right now and the Autopulse Laser is better at 20 OP. I gave it 50 more damage per shot, and 2 more ammo so it has 3500 magazine damage compared to 4500 of the Autopulse laser. It has even lower sustained DPS than the Autopulse laser so I think it is justified.(Unless its meant to be bad.) also the name is too long

Seth Drone Generators(the medium one) cost too much OP for what they are. Free HE missiles sound powerful but the fragments they burst into are shot down easily and also hits allies.

Kane Torpedoes should cost 2 OP as they already trade some damage for tracking ability, which isnt that great either.

Try adding "separateRecoilForLinkedBarrels":"TRUE", to the Williamson Shotgun(sml_shotgrun.wpn). It will look better as shots will spread more randomly.

Maybe give the Suo Wang Pulser a bit more ammo? It currently only has 660 magazine damage, which isnt that much. I would rather mount the Double IR Laser for just 1 more OP.

Some variants have a "?" in their names due to an escape character "\r" being present in their names. A list of files with this error:
Spoiler
berserker_scav_drone.variant
brasher_cs2.variant
cockroach_anvil.variant
cockroach_outdated2.variant
zebu_miner.variant
[close]

In Nexerelin, HMI tends to lose Fuyutsuki very easily due to it lacking ground defenses and being only size 6. Maybe make it size 7 and give it ground defenses. Make a NERV headquarters industry for better ground defense

Spoiler
It seems that you've disabled the systems that domain resurgent and remnant mess are supposed to spawn in, but still adding stuff related to them. Are they under construction or you simply forgot that you disabled them? If the former, can you tell me how much they are completed?
The Draco version of the Sunder has small ballistic slots. I think energy slots for more disco lasers suit them better.
[close]

EDIT:Forgot to add that the Retrofitted Mining Laser is very common in pirate fleets making them weaker than usual. I can't really prove this but I think removing some weapon tags should make them less common. I removed the energy0 and beam0 tags.

EDIT2:The Berserker(Scav) is classified as a cruiser. The original hull is a destroyer. Is this intentional?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 06:37:11 AM by mora »

Famelhaut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 07, 2020, 12:57:33 PM »

Hey I found a research station at the border of the mercy system with some weird text. Is this intentional?

https://imgur.com/a/uBrV8eF

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 07, 2020, 03:18:31 PM »

I think i've found a bug, when i engage the seele research station defenders the battlefield is empty of enemies and my own ships don't move at all unless ordered to, i think something is preventing them from entering the battle.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tournament Nerf Ed.2, 0.2.2e)
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2020, 01:29:12 AM »

You have three different Mbke rocket launchers. And Every. Single. One. Deals different amounts of damage per projectile. This frustrates me in ways that words cannot properly explain.

Fixed. They all have the same damage now.

The two first nerfs are good, however with the Brilliant I think taking away missile capable slots are a better way to nerf it since that is what made them powerful in the tournament...

Changing mounts to different types will break saves, so I'm a little leery about touching them outside of major updates.

Anyway, I have some suggestions/questions like before
Why is the Rampart (Scav) designated as "Carrier Freighter" when all it has is 50 more cargo over the Berserker (Scav)? Perhaps the Berserker has too much? I'd just remove the Freighter designation from it.

This was actually a mistake. The Rampart now has 450 Cargo, while the Berserker has 100 cargo. Previously it was noted that the large amount of cargo made the Rampart ridiculously overpowered in campaign games, but this should now be a more suitable medium.

Since the Scintilla (Scav) is no longer a "Battlecarrier" (no COMBAT hint) maybe give it back its original "Light Carrier" designation.

This was another mistake, in retrospect. Altered to be a bit more beefier cap-wise, re-added COMBAT tag.

I think the Scarecrow can have the same treatment as Brilliant regarding its hints. It only has one fighter bay so it should be treated as a warship.
A few ships still have decimal points in their supplies/rec entry which are the Shepherd variants, and the prototype Tempests. If you want their maintenance cost to be exactly what they are right now, you can leave the maintenance cost alone since maintenance cost already uses decimal points.

Fair cop. Removed the tag, and made the supplies cost whole numbers.

The Suzuki-Clapteryon Thermal Projector kinda sucks right now...(Unless its meant to be bad.)

Yeah, it was technically supposed to be bad, but now it's been altered to have a high upfront damage with more powerful shots but a smaller magazine.

Seth Drone Generators(the medium one) cost too much OP for what they are. Free HE missiles sound powerful but the fragments they burst into are shot down easily and also hits allies.

Changed the drone to have a narrower cone and more damaging projectiles.

Kane Torpedoes should cost 2 OP as they already trade some damage for tracking ability, which isnt that great either.

Another fair cop, Kane torpedoes now have the same damage as Hammers to compensate.

Try adding "separateRecoilForLinkedBarrels":"TRUE", to the Williamson Shotgun(sml_shotgrun.wpn). It will look better as shots will spread more randomly.

I had no idea this existed. Added to the Williamson, as well as another project on the side that has shotgun weapons.

Maybe give the Suo Wang Pulser a bit more ammo? It currently only has 660 magazine damage, which isnt that much. I would rather mount the Double IR Laser for just 1 more OP.

The Suo Wang is supposed to be kind of bad, but I beefed up the damage per shot, so it should be more attractive.

Some variants have a "?" in their names due to an escape character "\r" being present in their names. A list of files with this error:

Thanks for the catch - it's really annoying when that happens.

In Nexerelin, HMI tends to lose Fuyutsuki very easily due to it lacking ground defenses and being only size 6. Maybe make it size 7 and give it ground defenses.

Fair cop - I thought the station would be enough. Added heavy batteries. Unfortunately, your NERV is on a different planet.

Spoiler
It seems that you've disabled the systems that domain resurgent and remnant mess are supposed to spawn in, but still adding stuff related to them. Are they under construction or you simply forgot that you disabled them? If the former, can you tell me how much they are completed?
The Draco version of the Sunder has small ballistic slots. I think energy slots for more disco lasers suit them better.
[close]

Those factions are still very much WIP, but I can't really work on them in a seperate version of the mod without things getting very complicated very quickly. They still have a ways to go, unfortunately, but they're going to be set up similar to a miniboss. Also fixed the Sunder to have hybrids for your pleasure.

EDIT:Forgot to add that the Retrofitted Mining Laser is very common in pirate fleets making them weaker than usual. I can't really prove this but I think removing some weapon tags should make them less common. I removed the energy0 and beam0 tags.

Bumped them up a tier, they should be rarer now. Keep in mind though that controlling weapon spawning like that is incredibly troublesome.

EDIT2:The Berserker(Scav) is classified as a cruiser. The original hull is a destroyer. Is this intentional?

Yes, mainly for the elevated OP costs of hullmods.

Hey I found a research station at the border of the mercy system with some weird text. Is this intentional?

Yep. I plan on adding small things like that throughout the Sector in the future.

I think i've found a bug, when i engage the seele research station defenders the battlefield is empty of enemies and my own ships don't move at all unless ordered to, i think something is preventing them from entering the battle.

I'm honestly not sure how that would happen - are you running an up to date version of the mod? I think similar problems were happening in the older version of the mod.

And now for the more important bit.

TOURNAMENT NERF 2: MORA AVENUE Ed.

Summary of Changes:

Mora specific:
-Mbeke torpedoes now all do the same damage
-Scintilla (Scav) now has COMBAT tag readded, has more flux capacity.
-Scarecrow now lacks the CARRIER tag
-Medium Seth Drones now have narrow cone, and have more damaging projectiles.
-Suzuki-Clapteryon Thermal Projector now does more damage per shot, but a smaller magazine.
-Williamson Shotgun projectiles now have greater variability in recoil.
-Kane Torpedoes now do the same damage as Hammers.
-Suo Wang Pulser now does more damage per shot to be competative with the Double IR.
-Fixed some malfunctioning variant files
-Retrofitted Mining Laser should spawn less.
-Tweaked the [REDACTED] Sunder to have hybrid smalls instead of ballistics.

Tournament Specific:
-Herakles now has lower shield efficency (again).
-Berserkers now have a 16 DP cost and have flares instead of reserve deployment, now has less cargo.
-Rampart now has flares instead of reserve deployment, now has more cargo.
-Added several skins for Vayra's Colonial factions for the Vigilance, Hippocampus, Hammerhead (HMI) and Dromedary.

Savegame Compatible. DOWNLOAD HERE

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tournament Nerf Ed.2, 0.2.2e)
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2020, 03:16:48 PM »

I've found a few unlisted changes:
The McGuyver Mining Laser now has 200 DPS (from 150)
Mark IV Cannon is now 100 flux per shot (down from 115)
The Brilliant now has a normal missile mount instead of a synergy one and now costs 30 DP/supplies :'(

Changing mounts to different types will break saves, so I'm a little leery about touching them outside of major updates.
This isn't the case, at least for me although it does make some variants invalid, it doesn't make saves unusable. I've only had the game crash when I removed a weapon mount from a ship that had something mounted.

This is the Brilliant which had its 2 hardpoints changed to hybrid large mounts with the attack variant loadout. It seems that the game doesn't really care what weapon is mounted as long the weapon mount exists. So yeah... increasing costs is a way to nerf a ship but I still think it's not ideal in this situation considering the ship already costs quite alot for a cruiser at its original 25.

And finally about the Mark IV Cannon, I suggested a nerf and indeed you did nerf it, however what I really meant was to nerf the reload speed (ammo/sec) instead of damage per shot.

This is the result when nerfing the ammo/sec stat from 4 to 2. It gets the same burst damage as the Mark IX with lower OP costs, but weaker when constant pressure is needed. Thus leaving the Mark IX a viable choice even when a Mark IV is available.

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tournament Nerf Ed.2, 0.2.2e)
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2020, 04:51:04 AM »

Im running the latest version as far as I know
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47