Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632781 times)

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Gen Waffle Ed., 0.2.1g) Ed., 0.2.1f)
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2019, 12:46:38 PM »

Vanilla garbage weapon?

Hmmm small mortar.

Gen Waffle

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2019, 07:50:40 PM »

Hey alfonz, I did some more testing with the clyde rapidfire mg and I think that flux per second could be lowered by a 100 or so, considering that it’s quite weak atm. Perhaps you could add a modifier that increases the shield damage if within a certain range as well.
Not every weapon has to be "balanced". Even Vanilla has some guns that are hot garbage, I think it's fine if some weapons suck, it adds flavour to the game.
Also they have very low OP cost.

They Clyde is 9 OP tho

Vanilla garbage weapon?

Hmmm small mortar.

You should give the picket scav a try, light mortars can be surprisingly effective on a nimble flanking craft, and their small OP allows you to even fit defensive systems on it. The best part? It's 1 DP. ONE DEPLOYMENT COST.

that said pls reduce the upkeep for these things Alfonz, I already have crazy fuel costs to manage T.T

Also ... heh ... could you add some more mining weapons *wink/wink*
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:10:58 PM by Gen Waffle »
The Rogue Scavenger

Gen Waffle

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2019, 08:54:17 PM »

Hey Alfonzo, it's been a while since I've made a post here but I'm quite confident the Bastillon could have it's DP cost reduced to 5/6 instead of 8.

Currently being able to equip a large amount of small weaponry is only good if you have the flux stats to support it. The fact that the frontal shield has a poor damage flux:ratio hurts this quite hard as well. For a relatively slow frigate it suffers from a relatively low PPT as well, though this is a minor complaint.

This further worsened because all the mounts aside from the medium mounts are extremely protruded from the hull (makes sense considering this is just a refit) and thus they go down *EXTREMELY* fast.

I've managed to make a reasonable frigate killer with SWP stitch guns, 2 Xiu Liu mining Gen, Arsenal's mini flak and 2 light needlers. with expanded magazines and SWP Gunnery Control AI. However I have yet o make a successful build vs similar DP enemies.

My thoughts on a rebalance could be:
- a much stronger shield
reason: the shield only covers 4 small mounts and the 2 mediums, so it's not particularly protective. In its current state the shield worsens the vessels already poor dueling and racks up flux like mad. A better flux:damage ratio would be a definite game changer for the Bastillon. I reckon with the how the shield isn't a full cover that the flux:damage ratio could be put at 0.7 with 150 shield upkeep.

- Decreased armor,
the Bastillon is already fragile and weak to flanking. It has maneuvering thrusters for a reason. 500 armor could be reduced to around 200 for space for better flux stats all around. Sort of how the Scintilla is built. It doesn't make sense that a ship that is basically 6 extensions has 500 armor.

- Increased Hull,
the Bastillon core weakness if it's weapons going down easily. it's armor does nothing for the cause and due to ships small nature and layout, it's armor achieves very little. The bastillon has 3850 hull in it's current state, bumping this to 6000 could be a worthy change to the armor nerf I proposed.

- A decrease of 8 DP to 6.
The Bastillon doesn't provide what you'd expect for an 8 DP frigate. It lacks consistent speed is extremely fragile and unreliable for reasons stated above. This would allow it to be a worthy contender to the frigates of the sector. I'll admit this is probably the hardest change for me to recommend due to how DP works in the game.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:58:58 AM by Gen Waffle »
The Rogue Scavenger

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2019, 01:34:14 AM »

I can write here idea for HMI purpose battleship thing :

A Hollow class Battlemoon:

This strange design is dating to ancient pre-domain idea of making a giant ship by strapping engine, weapons , power cores and crew compartment to big celestial bodies like asteroids or moons. HMI used biggest asteroids, composed of hard materials as hull of this enormous ships. Inside they put a proper hull, crew compartment, supply rooms, fuel cells , reactor cores , batteries, flux sinks and other parts of proper warship. Outside layer is reinforced with armor where it is neccesary, with rest surface molten then reshapen in crude version of it. Big, hulking, slow, very rare and powerfull, that's how you can describe a HMI battlemoon.

Gen Waffle

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2019, 02:13:14 AM »

neat idea
The Rogue Scavenger

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2019, 11:24:47 AM »

Also it's propulsion system would look like this : 10 max speed by itself and ability to deploy tugs, which tug battlemoon for 10 speed each (40 max speed, 3 tugs). Tugs are of course destroyable.

Gen Waffle

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2019, 03:28:20 AM »

That is a neat idea for a capital. I particularly like the concept of a ship built out of an asteroid, that said, wouldn't something along those lines be less a warship and more a dedicated mining command hub?

It could provide a passive sensor reduction to a fleet that it's in due to it being large almost cathedral size ship that can conceal the rest of the fleet, and allow for safe mining and exploration in the farthest sections of the sector. It'd be cool if this is also how the HMI could have even scavenged the remnant and domain exploration ships.

A vast support ship, dedicated to off battle scenarios but still packing quite a punch.

That said I've love to see some more cruisers... and maybe some buffs to the frigates/destroyers (particularly the Fulcan't).

EDIT:

did some more testing,

The Glimmer is very nice for 3 DP, it's largest weakness is it's very fragile hull. That said it brings a lot of firepower for it's size and it's maneuverability is top notch. Equipping a phase lance, dual ac and dual lightdualmg with extended shields creates a potent frigate hunter killer.

It suffers from being pretty rare and due to it's low OP amount, usually not salvageable in anything larger than 70k bounties.

------------------------------------------------------

If you thought the glimmer was fragile, the Lumen (scav) is much much worse. At only 750 hp, the Lumen relies on it's generous flux stats and phase skimmer to survive. It also packs quite a significant weapons layout for a 3DP frigate.

The Lumen has quite a narrow weapons selection however due to it still being a frigate and generally struggling to maintain it's weapons. That said the Lumen is also a significant frigate killer.

-----------------------------------------------------

While the frigates are usually too weak to support the desolator effectively, it can still be used to take potshots at ships without full cover shields.

Played with the 1 DP frigates HMI provides now: I think the upkeep for fuel is a very worthy price for their power. However I would like to see some of these ships be added into the military shop for the HMI as frigates are ... welll frigates and really only last for the early game.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 06:21:39 AM by Gen Waffle »
The Rogue Scavenger

Worachot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2019, 07:55:02 AM »

is there a way or command to respawn the mess? the mess base is abandoned and i cant seem to find them anywere :S

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2019, 11:24:24 AM »

I once met mess in space, not in system, i guess they respawn on their own pace.

You just wait in their system? If so, i guess you need to move out of it for some time. Do something on other side of sector for month or two.

you need to update a system prewiev in first post.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 04:55:55 AM by Hrothgar »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2019, 06:39:08 PM »

An Update! Focused on Balance and boring stuff! Not save compatible.

-Tweaked the spawning of boss factions to be a lot more frightening if you come near their systems.
-Based on the feedback from Captain Trek, tweaked the economy and custom commodities to be more balanced.
-Made the Junker hullmod more easy to understand, and extra d-mods now make repairing Junker hulls cheaper.
-Tweaked a fair number of other values amongst weapons, fighters and hulls to be more balanced, and to show up less in scavanger and pirate fleets.
-Added the Herakles, a rare low-tech analogue of the Paragon. Has less range, but is able to more consistently hit things within that range.
-Added the Fishkill, a low-tech analogue of the Astral. Very much like a big, chunky condor.
-Added the Mora (P), with more flexible mounts and burn drive, but suffers from poor fighter stats.

Download it HERE!

Gen Waffle

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Captain Trek Balance Ed., 0.2.2a)
« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2019, 07:00:14 PM »

Can't wait to try it ;D
The Rogue Scavenger

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2019, 10:41:29 AM »

Absolutely love this mod and enjoy all the pirate ships you've added in this recent update. Low-tech paragon and astrals are some scary stuff too see haha. Hope you continue expanding pirates and my favourite kinda pirate faction.  :)

Captain Trek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 11, 2019, 02:28:11 AM »

Aww shucks, Alfonzo, you didn't even have to credit me, much less name the patch after me. I was delighted to help. ^^

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2019, 01:42:38 AM »

Hey, have you considered making the derelict mothership into a scavenged HMI capital? I think it would fit quite nicely, because they could easily turn it into a good mobile mining station, and they don't seem to have a real sort of flagship yet, as the junk isn't very combat effective against other capitals, and the herakles is more of it's own thing in it's theme, as it's essentially a low-tech paragon. I think that it would be a cool way to make a "true" flagship for HMI, because it fits with the theme of them, really, and it would also just be really fun having the biggest ship in the game at your disposal. I'd think in combat it'd sort of be like a really weak, mobile station, which would have trouble dealing with for instance an onslaught on one side, but could deal with ships all around it well, almost like the junk, but it would be effective against things bigger than frigates. So, it would make a good centerpiece to a fleet, but it couldn't stand alone in the same way that a station could, unless it was fighting against very weak fleets. Hope you like the suggestion, keep up the good work. Love your mod man, especially the new Fishkill ship, I was hurting for a nice big low-tech carrier. I also just like the junk/scavenged motif of the ships overall. Keep it up. Oh, and a minor suggestion/question, would you consider making a sort of trash launcher? Like, it shoots "missiles" with no range, so they just get launched out of the ship to smack against enemy ships. I'm not sure what kind of black magic you'd have to do to make it work or even have it be effective, but it's something to think about I think, especially with the theme some of your other weapons have taken.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Mulligan Ed., 0.2.2b)
« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2019, 07:36:31 PM »

A MILDLY EXCITING UPDATE.

Only a minor update mind, with a few tweaks and a new ship:

Added a new low-tech phase destroyer, the Mulligan. All gun and armour, very little engine and armour.
The Vigilance (TT) should now actually spawn.
D-Mods from Vayra's Sector is now counted by the HMI junker hullmod.
Lasher (HMI) now has hardpoint missile mounts.
Richardson Cannon nerfed to be slightly shorter ranged.

LINK HERE. SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47