Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632245 times)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Nerf, Antinerf Ed., 0.2.1a)
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2019, 05:50:41 PM »

I find it somewhat confounding that the Scarecrow has less armor than the Eagle it's based off of... As a low tech "upgrade" over the Eagle, a cruiser with 1000 armor, I kind of expect it to have at least 1k, maybe even 1200 armor. Perhaps it's a balance reason, but shaving off a couple of the small hybrid hardpoints and a few op could help keep it in line.

Also, as someone who enjoys playing low tech, low tier ships, I've spent a lot of time playing with HMI ships. I'd suggest adding ~20 op to the "Junk" combat superfreighter, and setting it's armor value to somewhere around 800. It has some potential as the flagship of a salvage fleet, where speed isn't an issue but combat capability is useful. Currently however, It's poor flux stats hold it back. I buffed the armor to 1k (I since reverted to 800) and armor/ hitpoint tanked when my flux got too high, allowing me to out-bulk most cruisers, something this ship could excel at thanks to it's module repair ability. Lacking any decent armor kind of holds it back at the one thing that could be it's redeeming quality in combat. 500 armor just isn't enough on a capital ship designed to see actual combat, even the Astral has 900. It's a little starved for OP and armor, having destroyer grade armor and cruiser amounts of OP. Perhaps it's intended as a non-combat freighter, but that would seem like kind of a waste to be honest, and we already have the Atlas for that.

Loving your mod by the way, keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:12:25 PM by Delta7 »
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (MiniFix Ed., 0.2.1c)
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2019, 02:55:18 AM »

I find it somewhat confounding that the Scarecrow has less armor than the Eagle it's based off of... As a low tech "upgrade" over the Eagle, a cruiser with 1000 armor, I kind of expect it to have at least 1k, maybe even 1200 armor. Perhaps it's a balance reason, but shaving off a couple of the small hybrid hardpoints and a few op could help keep it in line.

As described, it's not a really well constructed ship. It's more of a semi-failed attempt to make an upgraded Eagle. Consequently in many respects its worse than an Eagle.

...500 armor just isn't enough on a capital ship designed to see actual combat, even the Astral has 900. It's a little starved for OP and armor, having destroyer grade armor and cruiser amounts of OP. Perhaps it's intended as a non-combat freighter, but that would seem like kind of a waste to be honest, and we already have the Atlas for that.

It's supposed to be a low-tier combat mega-freighter; not really for combat against cruisers or capitals, but more for fighting off destroyer and frigate-grade threats long enough for it to get away. I might tweak the speed a bit in that regards, and fiddle with it's maneuverability, so like a freight train it eventually picks up speed and ploughs through everything as it runs away. But again, it's not designed for front faced combat. If you read the description, you'll see that the Atlas actually replaced this ship before the game, and the HMI use it to keep goods safe against small luddic and pirate raider fleets while trading in the outer rim.

Loving your mod by the way, keep up the good work.

Many thanks man! Hope you keep having fun with it.

And speaking of which:

A QUICKFIX UPDATE.

-Fixed [REDACTED] ships recieving a speed bonus, when they should be getting a speed malus.
-Fixed [REDACTED] crashing the game when a n incompatible hullmod was added.

DOWNLOAD HERE.

Savegame compatible with previous version.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Minifix Ed., 0.2.1c)
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2019, 03:10:23 AM »

So i tested few ships from HMI. Junk is basically a superfreighter. From what i tested , most usefull are Roach and King Roach, Scarecrow and best of Scavenged HMI, like HMI Briliant. Briliant is a decent medium/heavy cruiser.

koprus

• Ensign
  • Just noob mercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2019, 05:22:49 AM »

Hi there, while checking the weapons i noticed that whenever a "Xi Liu Small Mining Collector" is installed, the ship's "weapon flux/sec" at the refit screen goes to 0.

Just Noticed also "HK-101 rifle" does the same thing too.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 05:29:05 AM by koprus »

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2019, 02:24:23 AM »

I dont had pleasure using Xi Liu mining collector, but i did not use HK-101 because it is very niche weapon.

Few words about Briliant Scav.

I think it is biggest of Scavenged drones, cruiser scavs mostly are mediocre, but Briliant is not mediocre. It's stats in term of defence are very high, it's overall nice ship, worthy of buying. It's more durable , armor and hull wise, with plethora of weapons , with if i good remember, slightly worse flux stats than true Briliant. It's still very nice ship, i think best of HMi ships. One i still did not checked is Scarecrow.

Problem of Junk is that it can be beaten by good destroyer in straight fight. It have bad flux stat, it's extremely bulky, with tragic armor, speed and turn rate. Only redeeming factor is it's sheer hull bulk, which give you few second before dying. Problem is it's too slow to run from destroyers, and too bad in armor than run away of them by tanking damage.

And it's extremely slow in burn mode , and i mean it. I think it's slowest capital in game, for no gain.

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2019, 05:03:29 AM »

The Junk is kind of like a non-civilian Atlas and Prometheus rolled into one, and if it is loaded up on D-mods can be very cheap to run and gets extra OP for loading up on mining weapons (if using Nexerelin), so I've found it useful as a non-combat ship (after putting the +2 burn speed hull mod on it). Definitely only a combat ship of last resort.

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2019, 12:33:52 AM »

If you've got Shield Bypass and long range pressure weapons (say, Kadur) available, and build entirely around that it can be an extremely effective combat ship. Kind of a pain to get all the weapons/hullmods/support fighters/officer together early on, though. By the time you've got everything, you probably have better hulls. And base 5 burn is *painful*, so spending OP on +2 burn is a must.

I really like the flavor of the different star systems. Because of it and the sheer number of markets added, this mod probably works best with a carefully selected vanilla-friendly modset, rather than a kitchen-sink enable-everything run. It's nice.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 12:36:46 AM by Null Ganymede »

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2019, 10:53:02 AM »

Berserker Scav is goddamn monster if you are building carrier fleet. Is it possible to get a blueprint for it?

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2019, 06:17:04 PM »

It is, however it's a rare blueprint, so you'll have to find it.

Randall Hynes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2019, 12:36:39 PM »

Are there plans for a settings file where you can enable or disable the extra raider factions HMI adds? Mostly talking about the Fang Society and Draco Group.

Lionion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2019, 08:44:08 PM »

Here's some feedback:

The extra raider factions that aren't listed on the intel screen feel really cheap and their gimmick is very different from the lore of vanilla starsector, and they didn't have any particular uniqueness that warrants a place in game if you disregard their edgy concept.
Same goes for Samiel, the whole Dead Space roleplay thing you have going there is cute, but it really breaks immersion compared to the rest of the game's content.

Lore aside, the new commodities added are not used by any faction industries in the world, so it essentially just becomes an early game cash generator that you pick up from black market and offload wherever it's short for about 200 to 300 units. When using this mod with Nexerelin, I've noticed that HMI does not have any imports from anywhere, making so that you can just print money with two atlases with augmented drives by selling every single commodity to the colonies ever. Other colonies conquered by HMI did have proper imports, so I think you either need to fix it if it was a mistake or change it up if it was a conscious design decision.

The added ship classes are very broken in many ways, but the salvage variant of the mule was quite broken. It essentially completely outclasses the salvage rig in every possible way.

Pickles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2019, 09:30:20 PM »

A few things I have noticed through my time with this mod:

~The new colonies often cannot trade effectively due to the neutrino stars, allowing you to abuse the shortages and get money really easily.
    ~Resources are not integrated with other colonies, allowing for more monetary abuse.
    ~The large capital junk ship has too much cargo space. It has 2000 more space than the 2nd place cargo ship while also posting an absurd amount of power. Many of your other ships have similar issues.
    ~New raider factions seem to have no place over the pirates.

I guess most of my concerns are over fixing the balance of the ships and of the new markets the planets pose. Since all but a few markets have the new resources, it would be best just to remove it until all markets and be producers as well. Fixing the star systems in which the new planets reside would help massively with the easily abused markets in the new colonies as well. Ship balance is always good too. While I understand the ships carve their own niche, it can be too good or it becomes the only thing good.

Just my two cents!  :)[/list]
    « Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 09:32:48 PM by Pickles »

Hrothgar

• Captain
      • View Profile
    « Reply #87 on: August 09, 2019, 12:51:27 AM »

junk is not special if you use other mods. There is several better ships in being cargo transport, and Junk is not very good at being warship. As warship-cargo hybrid, i actually said junk is mediocre if not underwhelming. Only ship i find really powerfull in itself is a Briliant rebuild scav ship.

Zalpha

• Commander
      • View Profile
    « Reply #88 on: August 09, 2019, 08:19:50 AM »

I really like this mod, it is great. Thanks for making and keeping it updated.

CitizenJoe

• Ensign
      • View Profile
    « Reply #89 on: August 09, 2019, 02:53:50 PM »

Hey, I think the Ballistic Assault Suite on the TT Hammerhead is busted. Seems to increase weapon range significantly instead of reducing it
    Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47