Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 643649 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile

Thanks for the heads up Solar - fixed both just now along with more, more, more bugs!

Fixed:
Sunder and Medusa REDACTED crashes
The Ass and Caballa Loco having the wrong peak time
The Hippocampus' Survey Equipment having null values in the description
The Tempest 8 Crash
The Drover REDACTED using the Lasher REDACTED sprite

Again, does not require a new game to work.

EDIT: Another quick fix - will now work in random Sector mode.

REDOWNLOAD HERE

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

(Error reported on behalf of CrystalNole on the Discord)

It seems the Hippocampus can have the vanilla Surveying Equipment hullmod installed on it in addition to its built-in Surveying Suite. Doing so causes an immediate game crash.

Not sure what you can do to make them incompatible, aside from Tart's hullmod incompatibility script as in SCY/DA/SWP/etc. Due to the way the hullmods conflict though (and how I believe Tart's setup works) I can't be certain that will fix the issue. If it doesn't work, might be sensible to just stick with the vanilla surveying hullmod, unless there's a damn good reason for it having a different one.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile

Found a solution to the problem, along with several other niggling things.

Fixed:

-Several typos, including which damage type the Seth Drones each use in the tooltip.
-Several weapon balance tweaks, including the shotgun having the wrong range.
-The confusing weapon and ship 'manufactory' tags.
-Tweaked the stats of the Junk, so it's less useless.
-Changed the spawn rates for the [REDACTED] factions.

Update SHOULD be savegame compatible.

DOWNLOAD HERE.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

Got a crash that seems rather HMI-related while just flying around:

Code
181524 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at data.campaign.fleets.FangFleetManager.spawnFleet(FangFleetManager.java:50)
    at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager.advance(BaseLimitedFleetManager.java:84)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile

What is doing a Junker hullmod when ship dies. From description it should improve something in it, right?

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile

The Junker hullmod gives the ship more ordinance points when more d-mods are on it. In general, the more times it dies, the more d-mods may accumulate on it when recovered, and thus make the ship slightly better each time. Kind of.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile

Well there are some hullmods which do dingly dong to combat so you basically can "hunt" for this ones.

OMGRussian

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm assuming that the advice to play with Nexerelin (for balance) is why the HMI system markets are uniformly the best places to buy and sell trade goods so as to make maximum profit. Dump all my credits in Drugs @ Samiel and sell them @ Shrouded Cove, basically, for wild margins like x5 to x10 regular market rates.

I don't play with Nexerelin, so that's probably it, right?

Another minor observation is that I find that the HMI ship weapons seem to supersede all others in vanilla markets such that it is (relatively) difficult to find specific vanilla weapons, or even those from non-faction-adding mods.

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Will the Richardson Cannon ever be made usable?  Currently its just far too much flux generation to be used on anything.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile

It's not even very good at what is does. It's so broken in term of dmg on flux spent it cant properly work.

I will also point at Junk Superfreighter. It have very good cannon, but it is extremely slow both in normal space and in battle, it have tragic flux dissipation and capacity, it is giant target with bad shields. It's just bad. there is not many ships i met from HMI which are any good. Hammerhead combat freighters are decent, but they're a sister ships to very succesfull Hammerhead so they technicaly dont count. Same for Hammerhead TT. King Roach is a Dominator with better coverage of weapons but very chaotic one too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 02:27:10 AM by Hrothgar »

Tschudy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

It's not even very good at what is does. It's so broken in term of dmg on flux spent it cant properly work.

I will also point at Junk Superfreighter. It have very good cannon, but it is extremely slow both in normal space and in battle, it have tragic flux dissipation and capacity, it is giant target with bad shields. It's just bad. there is not many ships i met from HMI which are any good. Hammerhead combat freighters are decent, but they're a sister ships to very succesfull Hammerhead so they technicaly dont count. Same for Hammerhead TT. King Roach is a Dominator with better coverage of weapons but very chaotic one too.

Thats what im talking about.  it could be good, but the DPS and FPS are far too high.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Nerf, Antinerf Ed., 0.2.1a)
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2019, 03:41:51 AM »

there is not many ships i met from HMI which are any good.

A lot of HMI is supposed to be terrible, unless you really work at it. It's supposed to be the 'junk' faction - their ships are garbage but cheap with fleeting glimmers of awesome buried under the scrap. Like a much more trash version of the pirate ships from SWP.

Anyway, here's an update:

-Updated ship costs to 0.9.1a standard.
-Various balance tweaks to way too many things to mention.
-Remade the Hammerhead (TT).
-Added the Xin Li line, two mining ballistic weapons of questionable utility.
-[REDACTED] and [REDACTED] will now occassionally build pirate bases and attack the sector at large - many thanks to Vayra for letting me use his pirate base spawning script for this.
-The loot in [REDACTED] is now enbiggered.
-Descriptions attributed to the right ship
-Hullmods now have fancy text
-Caballa loco now has the right speed.

Does require a new game to work if upgrading from 0.2.0e, and please tell me if something goes wrong. It's been stable for me for the past three weeks, but there is a chance that I've missed something.

Download here.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2019, 12:58:10 PM »

SWP ships bad?
Most of ship/weapon pack ships are very balanced, and many of them are good in this or another way. You must check your ships against others. I dont mind if ships are bad in many ways. I like Kodai for example from Taran modpack, which is basically a 4 medium balistic guns of questionable arcs with a getto lance which is crap against shield and armor but good against hull. It dont have good small gun coverage, but it have a suprising amount of speed. I must say i did not met any scavenged ships like Briliant. I dont saw them at least...

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2019, 03:20:12 AM »

A quick little update to fix a few small things.

-Added tags to remove [REDACTED] skins from the codex
-Adjusted the stats of [REDACTED] to be much less obnoxious.

Link Here.

Savegame compatible with previous version.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2019, 05:35:20 AM »

I got scavenged Briliant blueprint , so i will check this creature. I did not found many bastardised Remnant ships so far, only few lighter ones which i lost quite some long time ago. They're extremely rare in my gameplay , i found more Excelsiors to buy than  this ships , lul.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48