Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 627185 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (DEBLOATENING Ed., 0.3.3c)
« Reply #330 on: November 11, 2020, 03:23:43 PM »

I am currently running:

GraphicsLib
HMI
HMI_Brighton
HMI_Supervillains
LazyLib
Luddic_Enhancement
MagicLib

And it sure looks like the "Salvaging" skill is inoperable.

Specifically searching ruins, stations and probes fails to spit out more then 3 blueprints in 1/4 of a regular sized space map.

I'm rather certain this is not caused by mods, but by the overall salvaging skill of your fleet when exploring ruins, salvaging derelicts and various stations, not to mention it's still RNG based no matter how much salvaging skill you've got.

As an example, my HMI fleet gives me around 230% salvaging capability when salvaging a station when combined with my commander skills. The higher it is the more stuff you'll get on average ad a lot of HMI ships do have salvage gantries, especially the big ones!
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 12, 2020, 05:43:15 AM »

Salvage gantries don't boost drop rate of 'rare items' such as Blueprints, Nanoforges, etc; they only boost drops of commodities like supplies, fuel, domestic goods, etc.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 12, 2020, 07:12:05 AM »

Salvage gantries don't boost drop rate of 'rare items' such as Blueprints, Nanoforges, etc; they only boost drops of commodities like supplies, fuel, domestic goods, etc.

Hah forgot about that one but yeah. Also remember to salvage debris fields from all stations a couple of times at the very least, especially research stations. I've obtained just a corrupted nanoforge when salvaging a domain explorarium station just to get a pristine nanoforges on like the second debris salvaging shortly after that.
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 17, 2020, 04:47:14 AM »

Could you possibly add Apogee (BRT) as high value bounty ship? Might be incredibly fun to see one plated with Remnant parts by some crazy salvager. Or it could be a part of custom start with derelict drones.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 21, 2020, 12:27:15 AM »

Apogee (BRT) and Odessey (BRT) are possible additions in future updates.

Anyway, minor update to:

Brighton Federation

Changes:
-Changed the location of Griffith so Dieman isn't a perpetual murder machine - needs a new save to see.
-Added the Atlas Mk II (BRV), Colossus (BRV), Nebula (BRV), Hermes (BRV), Kite (BRV), Dram (BRV) and Phaeton (BRV).

Savegame compatible with previous version.

Download HERE.

HMI Supervillians

Changes:
-Fang ships now have much more durable weapons, and frigates and destroyers now have better armour.
-Reduced the armour of stats of the Burro and Aventurarse
-Flux stats of Ionos and Appeasement along with some other stats to help differentiate them and their fleet roles.

Savegame compatible with previous version.

Download HERE.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 21, 2020, 09:26:03 AM »

King, will you do crossover with other mod? I see that Herakles have the Red Guard variant, maybe we can have scav variant of Solar from SWP or Nova from Seeker, too bad Brighton get nerf so hard it's no longer warmonger faction  ;D

Anyway, thanks for the update! Highly appreciated!
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 07, 2020, 03:52:55 AM »

Do you think the Brighton hullmod for normal ships (not the scav/redacted) is maybe a bit too rough? Im a big fan of lowered logistic costs but the double flux + shield nerf together is really rough. I think if you want both of those are once it should probably be much lower of a change, to say nothing of all the other negatives.

That being said, great update overall. I'm happy to see Brighton getting all this new stuff, I loved their reconstruction ships and them getting even more fleshed out is great.

DeusVauly

• Ensign
  • a happy amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 07, 2020, 02:31:14 PM »

can someone tell me what i need to edit in the code in order to get the game to run with this mod?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 07, 2020, 03:20:42 PM »

What? This mod is pretty much drop, toggle, and play. User doesn't need to play around with the code to run this mod.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 07, 2020, 08:07:36 PM »

That looks like you've updated from the old, bloated version of HMI to the new, streamlined one without deleting the old HMI folder. Because things have been deleted in the old version of HMI, simply dragging and dropping the new HMI folder onto an old HMI folder will cause this crash. I suggest you delete the HMI folder in your mods folder, and then add the new version of HMI. Also keep in mind you'll need to start a new save with the new HMI.

Hmmyes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 12, 2020, 03:31:03 PM »

Hey bro, so this might be an insane feedback thing, but when playing with Brighton I have noticed a very slight misalignment of weapons and weapon mount sprite on the Sentry ship. Basically, the right-most small missile mount is missing a couple pixels in the internal part of the launcher. Also, when checking through Ship ED, I've also noticed that the right-most launcher is a single digit behind the left-most one, and it's noticeable when you mount Hammers or Reapers on it.

It's a really tiny thing that requires a really tiny fix, do whatever you want with that knowledge, I just thought I should report it regardless if you want it to be perfect-o.

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 14, 2020, 03:43:51 PM »

Hey, I noticed that the Fang and Draco are neutral to Vayra Sector's factions (independent AI research mandate, Persean communist thingy, Stormhawk and Rimward) That doesn't seem intended... I think at least.

Edit: seems like the persean league is also neutral with Fang, is that also intended ?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 03:49:00 PM by Cyber Von Cyberus »
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 14, 2020, 08:17:06 PM »

Well, maybe because they're so far off in Outer Rim and busy killing each other than doing anything harmful.

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 14, 2020, 10:35:37 PM »

True, although they're mutant psychos that raid and kidnap people, can't imagine anyone getting upset at the player for sat bombing them.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Dreamslayer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 06, 2021, 01:01:05 PM »

Is there more than one place to find DomRes blueprints? I've found one system that pointed to another North West and I found the motherlode there with colony tech. Is there another system?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 47