Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to get superior weapons and ships to show up.  (Read 11832 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: How to get superior weapons and ships to show up.
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 07:36:22 PM »

I'm hoping that vanilla adds a way to commission ship constructions, maybe only certain military stations that have a certain industry building or multiple (to balance against economic industries) to do that.  Omnifactory mod does something like that, where comissioning them costs way more and you need to donate a ship you want to be able to comission so they could reverse engineer for blueprints.  I think vanilla should also have a way to repair the hull defects of recovered ships, even if only half or a limit to how many times per ship. I think omni factory or some other mod did this at some point, but it was way expensive to do so, but it at least made recovering more viable.  I hate having junk ships with broke down hull mods.
We will be able to build ships from blueprints most likely in the next release
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How to get superior weapons and ships to show up.
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2018, 07:25:32 AM »

Hopefully, weapons too.  It is harder to arm ships with the good stuff than it is to recover ships.  My most likely source of quality weapons is loot from enemies.

I think vanilla should also have a way to repair the hull defects of recovered ships, even if only half or a limit to how many times per ship.
0.8.x has the Restore button at the refit screen.  If you have enough money, pay up and all of the (D)-mods on the ship go away.  (You do not have a choice to leave some (D)-mods while removing some - it is all-or-nothing.)  However, (D)-mods are often a sidegrade instead of a downgrade.  The reduced costs granted by (D)-mods are often worth it, and combined with expensive restore costs, I leave most ships with (D) mods alone.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 07:27:43 AM by Megas »
Pages: 1 [2]