Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722365 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - Nex - Fixes 11/18
« Reply #540 on: January 16, 2020, 03:53:00 PM »

The beginner Derinkuyu mining station. But also there is spam of other good trading opportunities. 
Station keep asking for 200 supplies. There were even double contract... I went to the base with 600 supplies and finished 2 contract with 100k.
It is simple really... this is not a multiplayer game, so u can make boundaries. U cant make machine beat a brain in this, just set a rule that if 1 run is made, there are no other in 1 year or so.... simple as that.
So it will handle it self automatically.

Gotcha yeah I get what you are saying code-wise. I'm not sure I have access to that portion of the code though. I could be wrong and I'll ask around to make sure, but post trade code is not accessible in the API afaik. That would be required to check if a trade was lucrative such as you suggest.

These were commodity missions? Or just a lucrative sell to a pirate market without a tariff? It seems like missions from your post (which are inherently supposed to be profitable) and if not or if you would like a cap on these missions to prevent them as being spammable, then I would suggest that you post in the suggestions sub-forum as that is not my design- that is vanilla and it would take changes on that front most likely.

*EDIT*

Per Alex: (thank you for being such a helpful dev!)  ;D

Ahh, I see. There's some stuff I need to work out there - apparently Derinkuyu suffers from the same or a related issue on new game start, but you could remove procurement missions entirely by removing them from the generic mission manager on every game load:

GenericMissionManager manager = GenericMissionManager.getInstance();

And then iterate over manager.getCreators() to remove whatever you like. And then, possibly, replace it with your own version.

My response:

Thanks for the information!  :)

I don't think I will go to that length most likely as it has the potential to break in future updates and be harder to maintain, but it's really awesome that this is possible.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 05:54:33 PM by Morrokain »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 16, 2020, 07:49:57 PM »

I uploaded a special emergency hotfix for a variant of the Exile light carrier that can break the ability to load a save file. It is fixable if this occurs but it will be more work than simply redownloading the mod from the main DL and doing a clean install before it happens.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Sorry for any inconvenience.

See this thread for reference:

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17673.msg278133#new
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 11:18:22 PM by Morrokain »

NITEGHXST

• Ensign
  • General of The Nite Brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 17, 2020, 01:38:20 PM »

FYI, I have also had problems with the Tyrador faction and one or more other faction mods, mostly due too either not running with Archean Order, or because they conflict with other Faction mods. Or Nexerelin ofcourse.

Lets just say some are known for having compatibility issues including Tyrador now and then.

And yes, I am still active and subbed on this thread, to see if I may be able to help here and there if needed :P
After all, I helped fix a game breaking bug, and love this mod enough to help where I can!
"We are brothers and sisters, all the same, all as one. This Brotherhood stands on group effort.
The more you bring to the table, the more you will be rewarded for your efforts.
Having said that, WHO'S READY TO RID THIS SECTOR OF THE HEGEMONY?!"

~ Rug'ger, TNB General

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 17, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »

FYI, I have also had problems with the Tyrador faction and one or more other faction mods, mostly due too either not running with Archean Order, or because they conflict with other Faction mods. Or Nexerelin ofcourse.

Lets just say some are known for having compatibility issues including Tyrador now and then.

And yes, I am still active and subbed on this thread, to see if I may be able to help here and there if needed :P
After all, I helped fix a game breaking bug, and love this mod enough to help where I can!

Thanks for the continued assistance! I'm a little unclear what this means, though. Do you mean the same issue that should be fixed for the next release or a separate issue altogether? If it's a separate issue I can try and fix that for the next release too. What kind of incompatibility behavior is happening?

NITEGHXST

• Ensign
  • General of The Nite Brotherhood
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 18, 2020, 05:06:00 AM »

Thanks for the continued assistance! I'm a little unclear what this means, though. Do you mean the same issue that should be fixed for the next release or a separate issue altogether? If it's a separate issue I can try and fix that for the next release too. What kind of incompatibility behavior is happening?
Ofcourse!

It's either a Space Station error I'm getting saying something of a station couldn't be written, or a NULL error with literally 0 information. What exactly I don't remember anymore. But as I said, I am also not sure if it's either from Archean Order or because of Faction Incompatibilty between the "problem factions" and others. What I can conclude from the errors though from what I remember is that multiple things try to (over)write the same line of code or something like that.
"We are brothers and sisters, all the same, all as one. This Brotherhood stands on group effort.
The more you bring to the table, the more you will be rewarded for your efforts.
Having said that, WHO'S READY TO RID THIS SECTOR OF THE HEGEMONY?!"

~ Rug'ger, TNB General

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 18, 2020, 01:40:14 PM »

Ofcourse!

It's either a Space Station error I'm getting saying something of a station couldn't be written, or a NULL error with literally 0 information. What exactly I don't remember anymore. But as I said, I am also not sure if it's either from Archean Order or because of Faction Incompatibilty between the "problem factions" and others. What I can conclude from the errors though from what I remember is that multiple things try to (over)write the same line of code or something like that.

Ah, ok, that makes sense. If you are getting the random null error, that is because Archean Order changes ship hull weapon emplacement ids over vanilla. When a faction mod adds new variants of existing vanilla ships, the expect that id to be there. When its not, a nullpointer is generated but not captured and logged- so there is no information available as to where it came from. I may eventually fix this by cross referencing the needed ids and trying to change existing ones that should hopefully match the vanilla equivalents, but that may prove to be difficult considering the changes. It would be a substantial amount of work at least, so it is on the back burner for now.

The station issue is a new one. If you run into it again, any additional information or pictures you can give me will be helpful. The only thing I know of in that arena is that Better Colonies has some issues trying to get the correct script to run for my stations since I override their industry entries.

dimzki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 18, 2020, 07:44:39 PM »

Rejoice
i found the culprit of the Pulse Cannon MkII Bug,
it's the Lightshow

after turning on/off each mods im using, this one mess the stats.
dunno why

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 18, 2020, 08:39:17 PM »

Rejoice

*snip*

dunno why

Ah thanks! I'll take a look and see if there is anything I can do.

*EDIT* Yup this is going to be some work to solve. I will have to change the id for that weapon (and therefore edit every variant file that uses it), and then design a beam weapon under that id. It probably won't be in the next update, but it's on the list!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 08:36:43 AM by Morrokain »

dimzki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 19, 2020, 05:22:50 PM »

Rejoice

*snip*

dunno why

Ah thanks! I'll take a look and see if there is anything I can do.

*EDIT* Yup this is going to be some work to solve. I will have to change the id for that weapon (and therefore edit every variant file that uses it), and then design a beam weapon under that id. It probably won't be in the next update, but it's on the list!

right now im playing without the lightshow, or else AI might be firing with a toygun  ;D

zamingu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 20, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »

So, im having a problem with Outer Rim Alliance and Tyrador safeguard Coalition modded guilds.

It seems like that both factions dont use their own ships and i cant find it to sell anywhere.
Is there a way to fix it or i should just turn off the mod?

Using both Archean Order and Nexerelin together.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 20, 2020, 03:03:29 PM »

So, im having a problem with Outer Rim Alliance and Tyrador safeguard Coalition modded guilds.

It seems like that both factions dont use their own ships and i cant find it to sell anywhere.

The update I'm going to release in the next hour or two will fix this and add a bunch of lore descriptions for colonies and some additional music.  :)

zamingu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 20, 2020, 03:13:50 PM »

The update I'm going to release in the next hour or two will fix this and add a bunch of lore descriptions for colonies and some additional music.  :)

Great!
I just found your "fix" a couple pages back by deleting a few lines of code , what should i do when you release the update? Should i just reinstall the whole mod?

Thx a bunch and awesome job.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 20, 2020, 03:32:37 PM »

Thanks!  ;D

You can clean reinstall to experience all the new features (shouldn't break saves afaik)* or use the fix to solve the problem immediately. Either should work.

* *EDIT* Just in case: there are market changes with this update that I don't think will break saves- but may require a new game to generate and cause the right dialogue to appear. I think I have coded around this but wanted to provide that disclaimer as well. Carry on.  :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:35:03 PM by Morrokain »

zamingu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 20, 2020, 04:06:47 PM »

Thanks!  ;D

You can clean reinstall to experience all the new features (shouldn't break saves afaik)* or use the fix to solve the problem immediately. Either should work.

* *EDIT* Just in case: there are market changes with this update that I don't think will break saves- but may require a new game to generate and cause the right dialogue to appear. I think I have coded around this but wanted to provide that disclaimer as well. Carry on.  :)

Ok! I'll do a clean reinstall just to be sure.
Another thing that i think you should know is that deleting the code lines requires you to create a new save so things go back in place.
I tried the fix and roamed around a few minutes in a old save i had and it didnt replace ships on both guilds fleets.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 20, 2020, 04:16:37 PM »

Another thing that i think you should know is that deleting the code lines requires you to create a new save so things go back in place.
I tried the fix and roamed around a few minutes in a old save i had and it didnt replace ships on both guilds fleets.

Oh, whoops! Thanks for the info and sorry for the confusion.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 125