Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722639 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Star-Wars-Inspired Combat/RPG - Nex Update! 11/9
« Reply #450 on: November 09, 2019, 09:31:54 PM »

Yeah just Nex itself.  ;)

Other mods that add ships should actually be fine as long as they do not modify any core vanilla ships or variants. Really its the variants of vanilla ships that is the big problem because that would cause random nullpointers if I have removed weapon mounts, etc.

That doesn't mean they will be balanced, though, since other ship mods balance around Vanilla (mostly).

Eliteempire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Star-Wars-Inspired Combat/RPG - Nex Update! 11/9
« Reply #451 on: November 11, 2019, 08:19:47 PM »

hey chief, when ya say its Now Nex compatible is that implying the Nexerelin by Histidine, Zaphide mega mod?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 12, 2019, 11:37:55 AM »

hey chief, when ya say its Now Nex compatible is that implying the Nexerelin by Histidine, Zaphide mega mod?

Yes. :) Though there is a bug with my helmsmanship skill I just found out about that I need to correct.

Eliteempire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 12, 2019, 05:07:51 PM »

Yes. :) Though there is a bug with my helmsmanship skill I just found out about that I need to correct.

Is it game breaking? I wanna update as I didn't even realize this was updated but if its a big bad bug then I can't really risk it?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 12, 2019, 06:04:10 PM »

Yes, though I myself cannot reproduce it. I have provided what could potentially be a fix on this thread but haven't heard anything to confirm it yet:

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17217.0

Eliteempire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 12, 2019, 06:51:48 PM »

dang. well i'm bad enough with mods i'll just wait until its fully fixed and its rolled out.

Thanks chief.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 12, 2019, 07:35:10 PM »

No worries  ;) hopefully I'll get a proper update out soon. I want to be sure it actually solves the problem first. I hate things I cant reproduce. It greatly limits my ability to troubleshoot.

Eliteempire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 12, 2019, 07:51:26 PM »

I understand that issue greatly, all I can say is I wish ya luck. I've been having a blast in the version i've been running of this mod. 3 of the Archean Capital ships with max carriers is a blast, laggy but a blast

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 12, 2019, 08:11:39 PM »

Thank you I'm glad you are having fun. :)

Depending on your current version, this next version (once hotfixed) will hopefully improve that lag a bit too.

WASP103

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 13, 2019, 12:42:00 AM »

I totally love the idea of the more immersive interactions of your mod here. Is there any safe way to only implement that way without the faction-, ship- and weapon-modifications, -additions?

I know it's basically getting rid of the most important part, which by the way I really love the idea and design of. I'm stunned by its beauty, especially the sci faction & background <3

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 13, 2019, 01:53:27 AM »

Holy crap this is actually happening.  You do not know what you have unleashed upon the galaxy.  MISSILE BOATS AWAY!

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 13, 2019, 02:27:28 PM »

I have officially hotfixed the fatal error with the Helmanship skill. It has been reported as solved as of today. Simply re-download the mod, delete your old mod directory and replace it with the new one. It will seem like the skill has been weakened according to the tooltip, but each hullmod that affects that value stacks so functionally it remains almost the same. Frigates with that skill should be pretty fun to pilot now.

The new version should read "Archean Order TC v1.3.4c" when downloading.

Notes: (minor)
Spoiler
Bug Fixes
-------------
 - Fixed fatal error when taking the helmanship skill tier 3.
-----
[close]

---------------------------------------------------------

I totally love the idea of the more immersive interactions of your mod here. Is there any safe way to only implement that way without the faction-, ship- and weapon-modifications, -additions?

I know it's basically getting rid of the most important part, which by the way I really love the idea and design of. I'm stunned by its beauty, especially the sci faction & background <3

Thanks I appreciate your enthusiasm!  :)

To make sure I understand what you are asking, you want the dialogue features without the combat rebalance or new factions? Or you want the dialogue features and new factions (minus their ships, weapons, fighters, etc) but without the combat rebalance?

The first one will probably happen anyway, I'm just not 100% done fleshing out that system yet (its a lot of rules work) and I want to wait until then to release it as a stand-alone mod that can be used with all mods.

The second request would be possible but more difficult. I'm not sure how worth it that particular amount of work would be, however, since it removes most of the iconic themes associated with each faction.

If you don't want to wait for me (understandable haha) then you can probably get the dialogue into other mods with a bit of work:

Spoiler
1) Open the rules.csv file using SafariJohn's rule tool:
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13976.0

2) delete all the rules other than the directories titled "fleet interaction menu options" "cease fire interaction" and "commodity request/demand interactions"

3) look at the src directory and find the rulecmd directory under "src/archeus"

4) the rule commands you would need to compile into a jar are: "CeaseFireBribeCalc" "CeaseFireRequestCalc" "CommodityRequestCalc" "ReqCredits" "ReqFuel" "ReqSupplies" "SetReputationLevel"

5) add the jar (name it whatever) to the setting file in your starsector directory.
[close]

All I ask if you do this is that you don't release it and keep it as a personal mod (because I will release an official one eventually).

Holy crap this is actually happening.  You do not know what you have unleashed upon the galaxy.  MISSILE BOATS AWAY!

;D Have fun and let me know if you run into any issues!

Eliteempire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Star-Wars-Inspired Combat/RPG - Nex Update! 11/13
« Reply #462 on: November 13, 2019, 03:47:48 PM »

Thanks chief, and the one I was running was 1.3.3

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Star-Wars-Inspired Combat/RPG - Nex Update! 11/13
« Reply #463 on: November 13, 2019, 04:06:32 PM »

Oh I see! A lot has changed since then as far as balance and hopefully performance goes. Let me know if that worsens or enhances your experience.

Battles should be larger and frigates have more of a role due to some recent buffs in their category of vessel. Archean Order ships and weapons have been reworked a bit, but their overall strength in the player hands should be a bit less overwhelming for the benefit of the AI having a noticeable improvement with them. I think that should balance out to a more fun end game experience. Previously the player could absolutely destroy with them (the Megalith was a bit OP honestly) and now end game threats should offer a bit more of a challenge if playing as that faction. Simultaneously, playing against the Archean Order should be more challenging and less about the "wait for high flux then pounce" play-style that the fire support weapons often forced. Their weapons still max their vessels flux quickly, but their salvos are more damaging and require more careful mitigation. They cannot snipe and kite nearly as effectively, however.

I'm hoping those changes provide adequate trade-offs.

Eliteempire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 13, 2019, 04:44:17 PM »

Oh I see! A lot has changed since then as far as balance and hopefully performance goes. Let me know if that worsens or enhances your experience.

Battles should be larger and frigates have more of a role due to some recent buffs in their category of vessel. Archean Order ships and weapons have been reworked a bit, but their overall strength in the player hands should be a bit less overwhelming for the benefit of the AI having a noticeable improvement with them. I think that should balance out to a more fun end game experience. Previously the player could absolutely destroy with them (the Megalith was a bit OP honestly) and now end game threats should offer a bit more of a challenge if playing as that faction. Simultaneously, playing against the Archean Order should be more challenging and less about the "wait for high flux then pounce" play-style that the fire support weapons often forced. Their weapons still max their vessels flux quickly, but their salvos are more damaging and require more careful mitigation. They cannot snipe and kite nearly as effectively, however.

I'm hoping those changes provide adequate trade-offs.

Well that seems like hell with me then, I was struggling with the CIS battleship which I think is the Megalith? against REDACTED and other faction ships of equal size weight. BUt I'll check it out later tonight. Thanks for keeping these updated as fast and fixed best ya can chief!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 125