Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722649 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

Feedback inquiry for those inclined:

1) Are fighters too weak now, or do they still feel good in the right situations?

2) PD should be far more accessible than the last update. Does this hold true and is multi-purpose outfitting accessible? How does weapon variety feel now between factions?

3) How do early enemies feel compared to early fleet strength? (Mostly this includes pirates and early game REDACTED - Luddic Path should now be second tier, and Adamantine Consortium third tier)

4) You can now bribe pirates as a faction into being friendly to you. Does this break the campaign ever, and if so- in what ways? (PM me if there are spoilers you'd rather not share)

NoFoodAfterMidnight

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So I've been using the mod for a bit now, are ship prices supposed to be this cheap? It feels REALLY easy to get your hands on a significant fleet compared to vanilla.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I haven't really looked at ship prices in a while, so they are probably back from ohhh maybe .65?

It may be time to re-evaluate the price progression.

Moose

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, having trouble with trade missions as whenever i accept one i can no longer buy anything other than weapons at planets and stations, and no one hails me to receive the goods. Any thoughts?

Saval

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, running the mod on an i5 6500 and an rx480 I've had a quite fun experience at first, but after battles became max size I experienced significant fps drop.
Fighter heavy battles bring my fps down to lower than 20 unfortunately.
All things considered the new features are pretty fun, except I joined the order for galaxy domination but couldn't really immerse myself into it, it was just a lot of killing other factions with overpowered ships. The new archeon ships are far too strong compared to the other ones: After my first capital, 3 cruisers, 3 destroyers, the big high tech carrier and some smaller vessels the game was a piece of cake. Slicing through fleets and battlestations like a hot knife through butter.

Upside: New factions, dialogue, fighter heavy playstyle
Downsides: fighter heavy battles bring down fps, ships too easy to acquire  and archean are also op

Ahoy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Question, are the 15 extra markets removed? I don't see the extra goods in my game.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi, having trouble with trade missions as whenever i accept one i can no longer buy anything other than weapons at planets and stations, and no one hails me to receive the goods. Any thoughts?

Strange I'll try and reproduce this. What happens to the other commodities such as fuel? Do they disappear or just are no longer purchase-able?

Upside: New factions, dialogue, fighter heavy playstyle
Downsides: fighter heavy battles bring down fps, ships too easy to acquire  and archean are also op

Thanks for the feedback! :) Glad you are mostly having fun, but as far as your concerns go what would you say is the root cause of your fleet feeling too powerful? Weapons on the ships or the ships stats themselves? The reason I ask is because each one would take a different approach when re-balancing them.

Or is it simply pure accessibility? I will say I am planning on making a commission with the Archean Order more difficult in the future by requiring the player to complete difficult quests first. Adamantine Consortium is already significantly more difficult since they start hostile now.

Another possible solution could be to adjust the rarity modifier of the bigger Archean ships. That won't prevent them from being salvageable though.

There will be a general increase in ship prices in the next release.

Question, are the 15 extra markets removed? I don't see the extra goods in my game.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by extra markets and goods. Do you mean faction markets that are unique to this mod? They should all still be functioning as normal. Was something like this added in the last Starsector update and I missed it?

If this is a spoiler feel free to PM me more details on the issue :)

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Strange I'll try and reproduce this. What happens to the other commodities such as fuel? Do they disappear or just are no longer purchase-able?

I tried both bar trade missions and intel trade missions and they seem to be fine on my end. I can see and purchase other commodities while accepting them, and the dialogue to turn them in populates as expected when docking with the planet or station.

In the case of bar missions, the dialogue and reward is generated immediately along with the market description text. For intel missions, it populates with an npc. Black market missions that require transponder off trade also appeared to work.

I did not, however, get to try every faction yet. Were these missions from the new factions? I'll keep trying to reproduce it in the meantime.

Ahoy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm not quite sure what you mean by extra markets and goods. Do you mean faction markets that are unique to this mod? They should all still be functioning as normal. Was something like this added in the last Starsector update and I missed it?

If this is a spoiler feel free to PM me more details on the issue :)

Within your "Screenshots and Gifs" section - Factions - you have a new item/good called Hand-Weapons listed within the illegal commodities for some factions like the Sci-Fi Corps as shown here.
Sci-Fi Corps
[close]
In my game, I don't have that listed in the illegal commodities nor can I find it. Also, for the Consortium, they have food as a illegal commodity - is that normal? 

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Within your "Screenshots and Gifs" section - Factions - you have a new item/good called Hand-Weapons listed within the illegal commodities for some factions like the Sci-Fi Corps as shown here.
Sci-Fi Corps
[close]
In my game, I don't have that listed in the illegal commodities nor can I find it. Also, for the Consortium, they have food as a illegal commodity - is that normal?

On the last question, yes that is normal. The Barons hold their territory and slaves with an iron fist. They therefore seek to control the flow of all commodities to their markets. Carrying food especially (to possibly use as a way to provoke a rebellion) is considered a high crime in their politics, and that is assuming you can get on their good side in the first place. As of this update I think the only way is continual bribery. I may also include domestic goods in the illegal goods category some time in the future.

On the Hand Weapons in the picture, those are a little dated from a few releases ago at this point. :-[ I need to update them. I believe that particular item is a carry-over from before that item became.. .errrr... "Heavy Weapons" I think?

That is probably the inconsistencies you are seeing. Heavy Weapons should now take that item's place and have a different icon picture.

Ahoy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sci-Fi Corps
[close]

On the last question, yes that is normal. The Barons hold their territory and slaves with an iron fist. They therefore seek to control the flow of all commodities to their markets. Carrying food especially (to possibly use as a way to provoke a rebellion) is considered a high crime in their politics, and that is assuming you can get on their good side in the first place. As of this update I think the only way is continual bribery. I may also include domestic goods in the illegal goods category some time in the future.

On the Hand Weapons in the picture, those are a little dated from a few releases ago at this point. :-[ I need to update them. I believe that particular item is a carry-over from before that item became.. .errrr... "Heavy Weapons" I think?

That is probably the inconsistencies you are seeing. Heavy Weapons should now take that item's place and have a different icon picture.

Cool, cool. So, are there any new added trade-able goods?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

^ Not as of yet, but there are plans for them. Maybe alongside missions? (target of the next update)

Ahoy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

^ Not as of yet, but there are plans for them. Maybe alongside missions? (target of the next update)
Nice. Also, while this may not be the right thread to ask, how can I select two different mods? Every-time I try to select one mod then the other mod is unchecked. 

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

^ Go to the mod_info file located in the mod directory root and set:   "totalConversion":"true",     to:     "totalConversion":"false",

Keep in mind that as a total conversion which reworks combat stats so heavily this mod is not compatible with the majority of other mods (Including Nex, sorry! Possibly compatibility may come later, or at least similar features, but that is further down the dev road.)

Utility mods are usually compatible, though. If you like, you can give me the list of mods you want to use alongside this one and I can tell you if I've heard of other players using those alongside this one running into any problems.

Ahoy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

^ Go to the mod_info file located in the mod directory root and set:   "totalConversion":"true",     to:     "totalConversion":"false",

Keep in mind that as a total conversion which reworks combat stats so heavily this mod is not compatible with the majority of other mods (Including Nex, sorry! Possibly compatibility may come later, or at least similar features, but that is further down the dev road.)

Utility mods are usually compatible, though. If you like, you can give me the list of mods you want to use alongside this one and I can tell you if I've heard of other players using those alongside this one running into any problems.
Well, Starship Legends for now.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 125