Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: [0.9a] TC: Archean Order: Star-Wars-Inspired Combat/RPG (v1.3.2b) Hotfix 3/10  (Read 81757 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

It specifically says "Legion_Hegemony"? That is strange. ??? That might be a new error logging feature from the latest release pointing to the "legion_xiv" skin, because there isn't a file by that name that I know of in the mod or the standard game.

But to answer your question the mod hasn't officially been updated for 0.91a-RC and so probably won't run with it yet. Try 0.9a and let me know if that is any better, but make sure you run that version on windows or the file merging section won't read correctly and you will get a crash.

Any other mods running?

(The update to .91a is still very much underway, but I have to review all variants and add a bunch more from all the new weapons and fighters that will also be included. That will take a bit, but hopefully will be worth the wait.)

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

So I thought I would try the mod and I am getting the following error.   Fatal:Ship hull Spec(Legion_Hegemony not Found!   I am currently using Starsector 0.9.1a-RC should I be using something different.

Ah, so the graphic is actually named "legion_hegemony.png" so that is what it may be referring to. Is that present in the graphics portion of the mod? Its present in the mod download link at least. Let me know if there is any additional info or anything else I can do, but things seem ok on this end. :(

Rybon66

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Well thanks for looking into it.   The funny part is I updated just before trying the mod.    If it makes any differences the game would load and let me make all my choices and the when it was building everything it would get through about 3/4 of the bar and the give me the error.  I am going to play the game I started and then come back and give this Mod a go.   Looks fun.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Well thanks for looking into it.   The funny part is I updated just before trying the mod.    If it makes any differences the game would load and let me make all my choices and the when it was building everything it would get through about 3/4 of the bar and the give me the error.  I am going to play the game I started and then come back and give this Mod a go.   Looks fun.

No worries :) I'll see if I can reproduce what you are experiencing and try and provide a fix if I can for the next update.

marianojoey

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm having the same issue. Downloaded the mod twice, just to make sure I had all the files. For me, the game crashes when reaching March 1, just as the game is about to start, after loading everything.

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile

Archean Order with .9a version of StarSector was very stable for me...

marianojoey

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Sure, but there's a new version out now (0.9.1a), and Archean seems to be broken, for some people at least. The question is, if everyone using 91a is using Archean 132b, why some have no problems while others can't play no more? And if everyone really using 91a can't use Archean 132b, then the Index (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0), should reflect that by changing Archean 132b to red.

In any case, I'm sure someone will figure it out soon and Morrokain will have a fix in an instant. :D

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It has been slow going due to some lingering health issues, but I'm about 85% of the way done editing/improving/expanding every variant in the mod, and I will have a final number somewhere in the range of 500 when all is said and done. Also added ~3 large ballistic weapons not currently in the notes.

I will expand the notes later on, but for now focusing on getting this finally ready for a release. Keep in mind every balance change I had to make isn't documented, because that would soon become a novel nobody wants to read haha. I will keep it generalized for the most part.

This combat rebalance has been very much worth all the effort. I have had some time and I truly love what this does to balance missiles and fighters better alongside standard weapons.

Hopefully most will agree once the update is live. :D

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email

Can't wait!! Thanks for all your hard work on this mod!

vorpal+5

• Commander
    • View Profile

I guess Nexerelin and Archean Order are not compatible? That's a pity...

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile

I can say that my .9a game instance with Archean Order was good/unique on its own...that I didn't really notice the absence of Nex as being an issue in itself. 

For me the best parts of StarSector are in the first half...once I've got the ability to sustain colony-takeovers and capital ship building I start thinking about the next game instance/mod mix...

...though I have a certain curiosity in seeing an Interstellar Imperium formation go up against the Archean Order I do admit.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

No they are not for right now. I have permission to merge Nex features with Archean Order, but the Nex project (unsurprisingly) is pretty complex and it would take a huge amount of effort to merge with Archean Order. Its definitely on the list of things I want to do, but I had other things that needed to come first. Story events of some kind is one thing in particular I really want to implement soon. And a better rep system. Not fully redone, just a few additional tweaks to make it a little more intuitive to players. For one, getting a commission with some of the more xenophobic or ruthless factions should be more difficult than it currently is.

One of the number one reasons it would be difficult: we both override the starting options in complex ways.

I may try and scalpel some of the cooler Nex features out of the project and provide a custom implementation though.. I haven't quite decided yet how to best make that happen.

Thanks for the support of the mod, and I hope to bring some more content in the very near future, I just want it to be extra polished if I can help it. This is the version I'm hoping to get up on Nexus Mods.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]