Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722584 times)

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile

The Template A class appears to have the Phase field hullmod, but uses shields instead.
The Eagle A also has the hullmod and is clearly not a phase ship. The hullmod only states the ship is capable of running a low grade phase field not fully phase cloaking.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile

The XIV wolf might need some addressing. It's shield has a Flux/Damage ratio of 1.83.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile

The terminator drones have crew, despite being drones.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Bit of a necro here (sorry to everyone excited thinking it's been updated) but I wanted to ask if there were plans to update this for .9, as it was one of my favorite mods recently. Thanks!

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

Given op has been offline for a while, it will likely be a while. I too cant wait.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

Bit of a necro here (sorry to everyone excited thinking it's been updated) but I wanted to ask if there were plans to update this for .9, as it was one of my favorite mods recently. Thanks!

Given op has been offline for a while, it will likely be a while. I too cant wait.

No worries everyone!  ;) I am still planning on supporting this mod and getting it ready for .9 - hopefully alongside the addition of some Nex features assuming those play nice-ish with the update.

Haven't had time until recently and to be honest I've also been doing some research on the side. What does that mean, you ask:

I've been very outspoken about the need for immersion and a feel of a living sector where your choices matter and fleet interaction is heavily nuanced and fun. The biggest example in recent gaming history is bioware's npc interaction system found in games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

Since I want to introduce something like that with Starsector's officer system (anyone who has dug into my source code probably sees the areas I've developed story characters that can be saved and called from the game's local memory) and have messed around with story characters and branching story arc's with multiple endings in the tutorial I thought it would be prudent to refresh myself on past successes and how they handle certain situations.

So I am currently replaying Dragon Age Origins and taking some notes. I also played Mass Effect (1+2) and have been reviewing things to include in story content.

This may take some time, but I am still pretty excited to get started on it. I wanted to give everyone an update here to let you all know I haven't forgotten about this mod and plan to continue its support with more updates in the near future!

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Dev Update Future Plans Vol 2

I've taken a bit of time to test out the new update to see how much some things have changed and also spent some time in dev mode.

I think an update to 0.9a won't be too hard to manage and I have a few additions to put in as well for new content. It will essentially come down to fortress encounters and getting new ships/variants set up with balanced loadouts after all the weapon changes Archean Order needs to remain balanced. This will also include new ship systems, hullmods, skills, etc.

To really polish things I'm sure I will also have to spend some campaign time looking for ways in which the existing scripts are broken, but the good news is that I did not yet implement the way in which Nex generates sectors or deals with faction aggression. That code likely has to be rewritten before it will work with the update.

I'll keep everyone updated with progress periodically, but early estimates are the mod could be 0.9a ready in a couple months with some new content additions on top of what was added to the update.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

I would honestly prefer a quick and dirty update followed by a few months of polish. But if you prefer to delay for good content, not gonna blame you
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Embercloud

• Commander
    • View Profile

Wow, just found this and it looks amazing, I love the rich story you have created. Looking forward to seeing it in 0.9.

I also kind agree with Ranakastrasz. A compatability patch should be the priority.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:52:59 PM by Embercloud »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I would honestly prefer a quick and dirty update followed by a few months of polish. But if you prefer to delay for good content, not gonna blame you

Wow, just found this and it looks amazing, I love the rich story you have created. Looking forward to seeing it in 0.9.

I also kind agree with Ranakastrasz. A compatability patch should be the priority.

I hear you. :)

Unfortunately not much quick and easy about a compatibility release either haha but I'll release a 0.9 update before I release new features.

I do want to correct a few of the reported bugs for quality's sake, though.

My original thought had been to implement a custom officer recruitment system that loaded each officer into local memory like my script does.

It lays the foundation for a lot of the story and officer-based content later to come. I will hold off on that for the time being, however. Just remember each new update will likely break saves. So I was trying to get officers into memory as a priority since so much of the following content relies on that.

CookieJarvisz

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just found this mod, I'm sad I can't play it yet! Looks amazing!

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the support :)

Dev Update 3

I officially have the game running with the mod.

There is a lot of work to be done yet, however. The variants are messed up for some reason like the game is reading vanilla variants and mod variants at the same time. So thats confusing..

And then there is polish like filling in weapon tags and things to accommodate faction colonies and station battles.

So a large hurdle is over and gone at least.

I'll keep everyone posted on progress as I feel anything important happens.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Dev Update 4

I solved the variant issue most likely. Thank you Alex for the quick support! :)

Now just working on updating the mod for the new features for .9 -- mainly stations, blueprints and colony-related industries, so shouldn't be too terribly long now.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Dev Update 5

Looking for a .9 compatible build to be available by the end of next weekend assuming nothing unexpected happens.

The new variants have been updated and station balance seems good.

It has taken more time to implement the blueprint system than expected, however, as fine tuning the balance faction by faction will require some effort. Most blueprints should currently be available to the player in my current dev build, though, so that should at least ensure that will be a feature of the next release.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile

;D
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 125