Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 727652 times)

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile

Thanks. Can you do me a favor and use console commands to see what hullmods the Persean League knows? If there is both one with (AO) and a vanilla one let me know. Then, if you could start a new game on that version and do the same thing right at the start? That would be very helpful in determining if it is something that is happening at the start of the game or something that is happening as the campaign progresses. The more I rule things out the easier it will be to find the bug if it is something really obscure or, for instance, a case that's hardcoded in vanilla like the Legion (XIV) in the theme generator.

Related to this, I'm currently working on a toggle-able "market scrubber" version of the code that will remove overridden vanilla items from non-faction-mod markets directly when a save is loaded. It will make the save take a lot longer to load, most likely, and shouldn't be left on each time, but it will help keep vanilla markets as intended when I miss things or when a campaign is started without overrides but then the player wants to use them, etc.

A new game on the latest version seems to be fine. No more old hull mods. Only my save from the start of the beta have hull mods overlap problem.

Faction icons on BP packs are still missing though.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

A new game on the latest version seems to be fine. No more old hull mods. Only my save from the start of the beta have hull mods overlap problem.

Faction icons on BP packs are still missing though.

Good to know!

I'm almost done with the logic for these things to be corrected mid-campaign - at least on the override side. Adding overrides back in will still take some time though. The BP packs icons should be fixed next update. I forgot that the ids had to match with ids in the settings file when I changed them. That links them to their icon.

Neiker45

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey this mod is fantastic on its own but I wanted to know how to disable the changes you made to the vanilla ships while retaining the other features on this mod.

This is mainly because I use Nexerelin also and wanted to mine with the shepherd but you took out the universal slot and made it rockets. (Cannot even use the mining drones as you gave them machineguns). This does not let me have an immersive mining experience with both mods together.

I have tried to delete some references where you change those items but they have only landed me on crashes so I wanted to contact you since the game is not the same without these mods.

You the MVP for making this mod and I would doubly appreciate it if you could find a solution for this.  ;D

JotaLima

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey mate,
i was poking arround the files after i read ur comment and if you change the values to the corrected "Weapon ids" and "ship ids" of Archean Order ships and weapons u can make it work.

Basically u need to find the ships that were modified/swaped by the new ships and weapons of the archean Order and add the ids and power to files mentioned below.

The files are:
mining_ships.csv
mining_weapons.csv

To hide ships from the list just add this to mining_ships.csv
archean_mining_drone,0,TRUE
archean_drone_borer,0,TRUE
archean_shepherd,0,TRUE
archean_crig,0,TRUE
archean_mule,0,TRUE
archean_colossus,0,TRUE
archean_colossus2,0,TRUE
archean_colossus3,0,TRUE
archean_venture,0,TRUE

Add this guns to the mining_weapons.csv
archean_miningblaster,10,
archean_mininglaser,3,
archean_hammer,1.5,
archean_hammerrack,20,
archean_hammer_single,0.75,
archean_pdlaser,1.5,

You can mine with all ships you just need one of those guns on them
If want more guns just add them to the list.

This is the way i did it until they solve the problem use it at ur own risk :D

P.S: im really bad at english so im really sorry for any incovinience 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 07:35:16 AM by JotaLima »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Welcome to the forums both of you!

@JotaLima
Thanks for helping out with Neiker45's question. I need to take a look at that and get it into the DL. I probably intended to do that at one point and completely forgot. Sorry about that.

@Neiker45
Thanks for the compliment. :) Does JotaLima's response answer your question? I'll have the test download updated to have this in it so edits aren't needed. Hopefully at some point tonight.

Neiker45

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey mate,
i was poking arround the files after i read ur comment and if you change the values to the corrected "Weapon ids" and "ship ids" of Archean Order ships and weapons u can make it work.

You really are a real one. I just tried editing those and it now works nicely together with Nexerelin. :D

@Neiker45
Thanks for the compliment. :) Does JotaLima's response answer your question? I'll have the test download updated to have this in it so edits aren't needed. Hopefully at some point tonight.

I appreciate you looking out for it so quickly.  ;D

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I appreciate you looking out for it so quickly.  ;D

Np :)

--------------------

Ok DL updated. The icon issues with some blueprints should be fixed. Not sure if that will fix existing blueprints in storage/inventory though.

The override logic will actively remove overridden hullmods and fighter wings upon save load now. I'm not sure about ships because I've been having trouble finding one even when they are technically able to spawn. Faction file settings might mean they are fairly rare compared to AO ships but they should at least be available in raids.

Mining ship/weapon config for Nex has also been added.

Finally, it might be overkill but I added two fighter-class assault cannons to the Hellcat wing. Its role over something like the Hercules is that it is much less tanky but deals significant damage and stays on target like a gunship. That distinguishes it from something like the Vanguard (H) which launches missiles and fires its light railgun but then returns to rearm.

Ekibana

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey there.
Sorry to bother you with stupid questions, but I've read the 1st post and then the manual and before I dive into the mod itself I want to clarify:
Apart from the combat being completely reworked, is there some major changes to the campaign and end-game? Or is it good old "farm a starting capital, build a colony, defend it and get swarmed with inspections"?
I'm asking because, in vanilla, you can't "win" as of right now, but in Nexerelin you theoretically can. Is this more of a vanilla or something else in terms of global gameplay? Maybe there is some kind of end-game invasion like crisis in Stellaris?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey there.
Sorry to bother you with stupid questions, but I've read the 1st post and then the manual and before I dive into the mod itself I want to clarify:
Apart from the combat being completely reworked, is there some major changes to the campaign and end-game? Or is it good old "farm a starting capital, build a colony, defend it and get swarmed with inspections"?
I'm asking because, in vanilla, you can't "win" as of right now, but in Nexerelin you theoretically can. Is this more of a vanilla or something else in terms of global gameplay? Maybe there is some kind of end-game invasion like crisis in Stellaris?
Hey there no bother at all! The manual needs an update as scale has changed and designations/hull sizes have also been changed to be a bit more specialized/balanced compared to the earlier versions.

To be honest, I'm not very familiar with Stellaris other than it's a 4X space game. The most recent 4X games I've played are Endless Space and Sins of a Solar Empire.

There are campaign changes in the mod in the sense that there are new factions, systems, planets, markets, ships, weapons, fighter wings, etc. Some vanilla markets have been modified as well.

As far as 4X gameplay, Nex would still be required for a win condition since this mod is more balanced around vanilla as a control for both testing and general balance outside of the combat changes. There are also planned story features but I'm waiting on future updates to make quest implementation easier and also to know the general story that is currently planned. That story takes precedence so I don't conflict with planned vanilla features in my own narrative - which was basically extrapolation from my sense of the setting Starsector originally released and was later fleshed out with more detail in future updates. I try to base anything I fan-write around that and that's a WIP - though in the past I've listed my own inspirations and influences.

To be fair, I've added a few resource conditions, industries and stations here and there in an attempt to think about the 4X condition of Nex in the overall campaign rig. I wouldn't say I've specialized in the 4X format or anything, but I've tried to emphasize faction uniqueness through either unique hulls or wings or weapons, etc, and give commissions more flavor. I've also attempted to balance colony resources to make the 4X situation at least somewhat balanced for the TC - though I've also tried to maintain certain areas of vulnerability to better reward knowledge of general campaign mechanics as well so it's a balance there.

As far as endgame enemies are concerned, I had an endgame threat in mind if I ever get to it, but the art alone would take a long time and Alex/David are already working on end-game things - so at the very least I would want to see those first.

As far as player colony mechanics, I haven't even touched those yet other than lightly adjusting vanilla markets. So if you are getting a lot of expeditions in a vanilla campaign you probably would with this mod too. The same game mechanics would apply there.

Ekibana

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey there.
Hey there no bother at all! The manual needs an update as scale has changed and designations/hull sizes have also been changed to be a bit more specialized/balanced compared to the earlier versions.

To be honest, I'm not very familiar with Stellaris other than it's a 4X space game. The most recent 4X games I've played are Endless Space and Sins of a Solar Empire.

There are campaign changes in the mod in the sense that there are new factions, systems, planets, markets, ships, weapons, fighter wings, etc. Some vanilla markets have been modified as well.

As far as 4X gameplay, Nex would still be required for a win condition since this mod is more balanced around vanilla as a control for both testing and general balance outside of the combat changes. There are also planned story features but I'm waiting on future updates to make quest implementation easier and also to know the general story that is currently planned. That story takes precedence so I don't conflict with planned vanilla features in my own narrative - which was basically extrapolation from my sense of the setting Starsector originally released and was later fleshed out with more detail in future updates. I try to base anything I fan-write around that and that's a WIP - though in the past I've listed my own inspirations and influences.

To be fair, I've added a few resource conditions, industries and stations here and there in an attempt to think about the 4X condition of Nex in the overall campaign rig. I wouldn't say I've specialized in the 4X format or anything, but I've tried to emphasize faction uniqueness through either unique hulls or wings or weapons, etc, and give commissions more flavor. I've also attempted to balance colony resources to make the 4X situation at least somewhat balanced for the TC - though I've also tried to maintain certain areas of vulnerability to better reward knowledge of general campaign mechanics as well so it's a balance there.

As far as endgame enemies are concerned, I had an endgame threat in mind if I ever get to it, but the art alone would take a long time and Alex/David are already working on end-game things - so at the very least I would want to see those first.

As far as player colony mechanics, I haven't even touched those yet other than lightly adjusting vanilla markets. So if you are getting a lot of expeditions in a vanilla campaign you probably would with this mod too. The same game mechanics would apply there.

Thanks for a detailed answer! Much appreciated.
Somehow it slipped from me that I can use your mod with Nex (since they both are listed in mega-categories as "total conversion" or sort of).
If I am to combine your mod with Nex what would you recommend as a "balanced" and "adjusted" faction mods to go with your new rules of combat?
I'm trying to spice up my next playthrough but not to the extent of turning it into an anime  ;D
Anyway, just wanted to say that your mod is looking great and it takes serious effort to re-think and re-invent combat mechanics so much. I've played it for an hour just to try and the combat feels so different that I have to learn it again. That's awesome!

Edit: in Stellaris, there is this thing called Crisis. Basically, you play the game normally, explore, expand and conquer, until a certain date. Then one of several possible Crises happens and the galaxy is being invaded by the outer force, with overpowered ships. Ideally, it forces every single nation to unite into one big confederation to defeat or everyone dies, but that hugely depends on what player already achieved and built, and what difficulty setting you had for the campaign (you can handle it alone).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 05:54:05 PM by Ekibana »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for a detailed answer! Much appreciated.
Somehow it slipped from me that I can use your mod with Nex (since they both are listed in mega-categories as "total conversion" or sort of).
If I am to combine your mod with Nex what would you recommend as a "balanced" and "adjusted" faction mods to go with your new rules of combat?
I'm trying to spice up my next playthrough but not to the extent of turning it into an anime  ;D
Anyway, just wanted to say that your mod is looking great and it takes serious effort to re-think and re-invent combat mechanics so much. I've played it for an hour just to try and the combat feels so different that I have to learn it again. That's awesome!

Edit: in Stellaris, there is this thing called Crisis. Basically, you play the game normally, explore, expand and conquer, until a certain date. Then one of several possible Crises happens and the galaxy is being invaded by the outer force, with overpowered ships. Ideally, it forces every single nation to unite into one big confederation to defeat or everyone dies, but that hugely depends on what player already achieved and built, and what difficulty setting you had for the campaign (you can handle it alone).

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this! I haven't been on here much other than brief checks to read new posts.

I've heard that Interstellar Imperium works well, though I haven't confirmed it. Just in general, I'd say most if not all faction mods probably don't currently accommodate the combat balance in this mod. The changes are just too numerous for other mods to inadvertently have designed their own ships or weapons around them and the work to add another version with balance around this one would be significant. That's one of the unfortunate side effects of changing combat mechanics. I am actively working to make things easier for any modders up for the challenge though. That's one of the reasons I made the override logic and stopped directly overriding files in the first place. (Mostly... still a WIP)

Re: Stellaris/Crisis

Ah ok! The endgame threat in mind is something along those lines - though details will obviously depend upon what Alex does. I know Alex was considering some kind of timer like that at one point, but I'm not sure if that is still on the table and we probably won't know until after the next update.

I think something like that would be interesting and I like that it keeps adding additional layers of challenge to the campaign. It really depends upon how easy it ends up being to implement. Multiple threats randomly chosen would probably be a little difficult but I'll have to wait and see what the API gives me to determine how much overall effort that would be.

DisposableAccountName

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just quickly made an account here to post this, but I think you might have accidentally neglected to add some files to the latest Beta download. "data\config\ArcheanOrderEcon\ids" only has .csv files with the 'vanilla' prefix, and will fatal error at the end of booting without creating another set with the 'totalConversion' prefix. It does load to the title screen if I do so, but I suspect that the information contained within would be incorrect and screw with some stuff in-game.

Either that or they're meant to be generated dynamically and something is screwy on my end.

To note: Completely fresh install, Archean Order Beta 1.4.0 as the only mod, freshly extracted in its entirety from the latest dropbox upload. (Which doesn't have those files even in the web so it's not a faulty download on my end, though I still tried twice to check.)

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Just quickly made an account here to post this, but I think you might have accidentally neglected to add some files to the latest Beta download. "data\config\ArcheanOrderEcon\ids" only has .csv files with the 'vanilla' prefix, and will fatal error at the end of booting without creating another set with the 'totalConversion' prefix. It does load to the title screen if I do so, but I suspect that the information contained within would be incorrect and screw with some stuff in-game.

Either that or they're meant to be generated dynamically and something is screwy on my end.

To note: Completely fresh install, Archean Order Beta 1.4.0 as the only mod, freshly extracted in its entirety from the latest dropbox upload. (Which doesn't have those files even in the web so it's not a faulty download on my end, though I still tried twice to check.)

Ah thanks for pointing this out! I checked and yes those files were missing. I either forgot to upload them or something happened while I was uploading (i.e I lost internet for a minute or two) and they were skipped.

Assuming those were the only ones, it should be good now. Just to be sure I'm going to re-download and start a new game.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6cxbrz5xcftwn8m/AAAaOPS8xMh6uIN5Pd1mwrbta?dl=0

*EDIT* Seems all good on my end at least.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:21:51 PM by Morrokain »

DisposableAccountName

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Another random side note, but is it supposed to be possible for a planet to have both the abundant AND sparse traits for ore types?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Another random side note, but is it supposed to be possible for a planet to have both the abundant AND sparse traits for ore types?

Ah nope that's probably a bug with the resource overrides. What planet or planets did you see this ocurring? That will help me determine if it's a typo or the logic has a bug.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 125