Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.1.5  (Read 15572 times)

theDragn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.1.3
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2021, 11:29:13 AM »

Can you please use more clearer sprite for "tigership"? The one, like this one: https://imgur.com/BxA9wa4 or, I belive, original one from Spiral Arms II

I didn't make any changes to the sprite beyond some color correction to make the greenish blue bits on the back match up with the rest of the ship. Though I think that made it a little bit darker, so I've lightened it up a bit. I've put it into the current release (no version number change, but if you redownload you'll get the updated sprite.)

I think you should change these to ' Plasma ' projectiles instead of Beam. There aren't enough Plasma weapons in vanilla to begin with. It would fill a niche in the weapon selection.

I fiddled around with that, but it made the projectiles look a little too dangerous in my opinion. The gun doesn't hit much harder than an HVD or heavy mauler, after all. I also felt a bit oversaturated on plasma-type projectiles— all the Tawa-class torpedoes have plasma bolts, as does the Plasma Lens Projector.

Ninja Update (no version number change)
- Gila nerfs, because I forgot to do that and someone on discord reminded me by complaining about it
- Tigershark sprite lightened up a bit

IonDragonX

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2021, 12:14:38 PM »

... it made the projectiles look a little too dangerous in my opinion. The gun doesn't hit much harder than an HVD or heavy mauler, after all. I also felt a bit oversaturated on plasma-type projectiles— all the Tawa-class torpedoes have plasma bolts, as does the Plasma Lens Projector
Could the collision class be changed to Plasma, at least?
Funny how much stuff you can get done while waiting for the update...
http://i.imgur.com/Ucj922u.gif

theDragn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2021, 01:55:22 AM »

Could the collision class be changed to Plasma, at least?

You mean the thing where plasma shots will just punch through anything with low enough health (particularly fighters) and keep going? I think that's due to the projectile class of the plasma cannon, not the collision class, since the plasma cannon has the same collision class as any ballistic weapon.
That said, it shouldn't punch through things like the plasma cannon does. The Toroidal Plasma Railgun is intended to be an energy HVD/Mauler; more of a support weapon than primary DPS. Losing shots to stray fighters getting in the way is an intended downside— if you want the effects of a plasma cannon, use a plasma cannon.

Outlander

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2021, 01:01:23 PM »

Just something I noticed. If you already knew/don't really care let me know and I'll delete this post.

theDragn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.1.4
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2021, 12:50:08 PM »

Bumping thread for 1.1.4 update.

Patch Notes:
- New weapon: Light Arc Emitter (small energy, 6 OP), Arc Emitter (medium energy, 11 OP), and Heavy Arc Emitter (large energy, 28 OP). They fire arcs at random hostile targets within a 120 degree cone, dealing decent energy and EMP damage with a relatively low firerate. The medium emitter has a chance to create a secondary chain, and the large has a chance to create multiple chains that increases as long as it's firing. The small and medium are in the hightech blueprint package, the large is rare and known by Tritachyon and Remnants.
- Remnant fleets should now occasionally use the Plasma Lens Projector, Nyx Atropos Salvo, and Tawa Standoff Torpedo Battery.

Also updated the original post to show off all the ships and weapons. Please let me know if you find any typos or errors.

theDragn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.1.5
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2021, 11:34:02 PM »

Edit: Fixed the Scarab (IV) having a stupid high spawn rate. No version number change.

Yet another update. Save compatible.

A few small new things, but otherwise just some fixes and small balance changes.

New:
- Scarab (IV). Two energy mounts replaced with universals, in addition to the IV hullmod. It's *very* good, but good luck finding one.
- Fourth Battlegroup Blueprint Package. Much rarer than other blueprint packages; you have about a 50% chance of finding one in a vanilla game with no other mods if you visit every blueprint drop source, and a much worse chance of finding it in a heavily-modded game.
- Fourteenth Battlegroup Blueprint Package. Same rarity as the Fourth Battlegroup package.

Changes:
- Fixed some descriptions being long as *** in certain contexts.
- Aphelion: Added a rear turret slot to match up with the sprite. Adjusted turret arcs. Reduced OP by 5. Omni shield converted to front shield. Variants adjusted.
- Gila: Shield arc increased (110->120). Previous nerf was a little bit heavy-handed; now you can reasonably choose between stabilized and extended shields.
- Kingfisher: Sprite adjusted to match turret arcs and directions.
- Peregrine: Adjusted turret arcs. This is a buff.
- Khanjali: Shield HP increased (425->500). Plasma Catapult damage increased (250->350), mag size decreased (4->3), and it now reloads one projectile every 3 seconds, instead of the entire mag every 10 seconds.
- Heavy Arc Emitter: Decreased ramp time (10s->6s) and increased the time needed for the ramp to fully decay (3.3s->4s).
- Plasma Lens Projector: Improved visual effects a little bit.
- Toroidal Plasma Railguns: Now create a small secondary explosion when hitting armor, and have improved visual effects on impact. Sprites adjusted so that the barrels don't look quite as flat.
- Tawa torpedoes: Removed friendly-fire on secondary projectiles. The AI would occasionally try to fire them through allied ships, which would die when the torpedoes split inside of them.
- Reduced the rarity of several weapons. They're still in the same blueprint categories, but some of the rarer ones should show up more often in markets.
- Added 10 simulation opponents.
- Added two variants for [REDACTED]. I hope you haven't been relying on swarms of unshielded fighters.
- Reduced cost multiplier for IV variants (1.75->1.6). Lorewise, IV hulls are in active (though extremely limited) production around the sector, so they shouldn't be quite as expensive as XIV stuff.
- Adjusted some weapon descriptions to account for numerical reality.
- Actually remembered to update the version number this time.
- Added one new loading tip. Do you like focaccia bread?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:30:43 PM by theDragn »

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.1.5
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2021, 07:12:07 PM »

Thanks for the update. I'm just going to assume it's save compatible, and we'll see how it goes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]