Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Dedicated vs improvised salvage and survey hull mods.  (Read 1277 times)

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Dedicated vs improvised salvage and survey hull mods.
« on: December 29, 2017, 02:51:14 PM »

Mostly due to my annoyance at the fact that I can unlock the survey hull mod to put on the non-combat ships in my fleet but not the salvaging hull-mod (with a side order of annoyance at 10-25-30-40% salvaging bonus).

My suggestion is to split into two types of hull mod; dedicated/integrated only found built in to ships that provide the current or greater bonuses (please get read of that inconsistent 25%) and improvised hull mods that can be learnt through the appropriate level three skill or modspecs and installed on any ship that does not have the dedicated hull mod, but only providing half (?) the bonus of the dedicated hull mod.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Dedicated vs improvised salvage and survey hull mods.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 09:23:50 PM »

I agree with that.

I think it was discussed in another topic. Another thing which coulb be add is that this mod add a small value for slavage skill, allowing a player to salvage -let's say- a probe, without having the relevant skill.